What should GR's main power be in movie?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Riding Ghost, Feb 14, 2005.

?

Which GR power should be used most in the movie?

1. Chain

2. Hellfire Blasts<from hands>

3. Penance Stare

4. Hellfire Blasts<from shotgun>

5. Fire Balls

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mr Nick Registered

2. Riding Ghost Registered

3. TheShadow Registered

I dont care what power ghost rider really uses in the movie, I've heard many things of what he will use. But I just wanna see the hell cycle in action. That will be the **** honostly that bike has got to be the coolest bike i've seen in awhile. But If i could choose to see a power mostly used by ghost rider in the movie it would be his hell blasts from his hands and not a shot gun. But if he's on his bike I would be guessingit would be his chain? I dont know since int his scene they said ghost rider rides so fast on his bike it blows cars and things of that nature out of his way?

4. Riding Ghost Registered

5. BPrulz182 Registered

A delayed thanks to you for the links, FlameHead.

[​IMG]

NO, I CAN'T STOP YELLING, 'CAUSE THAT'S HOW I TALK!
    -Dave Chappelle, Chappelle's Show

6. Mr Nick Registered

Is he definitely going to use a shotgun? Not sure what to think of that. It certainly fits with MSJ's description of the film as a 'supernatural western', but I have trouble seeing GR using one. Blaze had to use one in the Spirits of Vengeance comics because, well, he'd have gotten minced without it, but Ghost Rider using a gun? Hmm. Smacks of The Punisher to me.

I want him to get in there with his fists and whack a bunch of bad guys with his chain. His chain could split into a bunch of shurikens anyway to take people out from a distance.

I dunno. You homosapiens and your guns.

:p

7. Riding Ghost Registered

My thoughts exactly.

Regardless of how he delivers the hellfire blast you can count on a lot of chain action, I'm sure.

I hate to beat the hell out of a dead horse and be a broken record and all that............but I must say again that it will be completely lame to not have at least 1 instance where GR uses hellfire blasts from his hands. The main reason I say that is because that is ALL the Blaze GR did for a full 81 issues. He ONLY used hellfire blasts from hands to deliver the effect of the penance stare. To not show that at least once would be sacrilege and since that is ALL the Blaze GR did it sould be done at least once in homage to the way it was. Even those of you who do not like the "powers from hands thing" (despite the sheer logic of GR doing it) should agree with that, IMHO.

The shotgun to me seems so terrible, I swear I'd rather have him use only the chain and the penance stare than to see him with a shotgun. It really does change the look and feel of the character dramatically.

8. Mr Nick Registered

Blaze as Ghost Rider delivered the Penance Stare with Hellfire blasts? Wow, that's weird. I didn't know that. I'm of the Ketch era myself, so I only ever saw him staring into a terrified baddie's eyes and freaking him out for life.

In that case, yeah, it would be nice to have a blast or two in there.

:)

9. The Geek Vault Come at me bro

What does the stare do again? How would they do that making it look cool he just stares at them

10. Master Kenobi Jedi in Exile

That sounds cool!

11. Mr Nick Registered

The Penance Stare is a wonderful idea. It's the ultimate in poetic justice. What the Ketch Ghost Rider did was stare deep into the eyes of a villain and he'd be bombarded with all the pain and suffering he'd ever inflicted in his entire life. Usually this would leave the poor sod a gibbering, remorseful wreck. However, on certain super-villains like Scarecrow it didn't work.

If I remember right, there'd be a supernova flare in his eye sockets when he did it. I wouldn't want to see anything but gaping blackness in them at all other times though. That'd work for me in the movie, followed by a blitz of images showing the bad guy hurting people and ending with him screaming and sobbing like a loon. Then GR should just walk away, ultra-cool, job done.

:ghost:

12. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

I hope there is at least one guy who recieves it that is so evil that the stare is so intense and long that he finally just explodes or bursts into flames.
    As for the shotgun maybe they will be showing a previous GR from back in the wild west (they did have horses on set). Seeing GR streak across the plains on a black horse with a mane and tail of fire then whippping out a shotgun wouldn't be so bad.

13. Mr Nick Registered

Previous Ghost Riders... That is a very interesting thought, Orb.:cool:

14. BIGGUN Registered

its possible that the shotgun may only be used in one scene in the movie...probably during the final battle w/ Blackheart.

15. Riding Ghost Registered

Yep, I could live with that, but i don't think thats the case. In another thread where the reporter from the latino review got to go on set and look at story boards, he said, that the shotgun looked like the bike, which if true, seems to indicate it goes with the bike. :(

16. Riding Ghost Registered

my fingers are crossed that thats the case :up:

17. BIGGUN Registered

i see it like this...if i were GR (and who doesnt wish that? heh) and i had 3 weapons at my disposal which ability would you use the most? hellfire of course...you can cause massive amounts of damage to beings at a distance (either physical or spiritual). the chain and stare would have to be fairly close range and although they are powerful they arent as effective as a concussive blast of hellfire. if it was limited (whether its from the hands or shotgun) it would force GR to use the other powers more...either he doesnt know he could use hellfire that way or it may even weaken him by throwing huge amounts of what is basically his life essence.
    also ive always felt that wild hellfire bouts were done when GR was out of control or when Zarathos had taken over. as you remember Blaze was in control in the beginning and used the hellfire sparingly ....but when GR became more powerful he went crazy at times frying bad guys left and right.
    would be cool to see that as GR becomes more powerful (and remembers who he really is) in other films he would use the hellfire more and more and possibly realize hes powerful enough not to need something to channel his blasts anymore. he can do it right from his hands and as much as he wants to.

18. Hunter Rider Ronin

I read that the Hellfire shotgun is an amazing design.i think the key will be how MSJ works it into the story to make sense

19. Riding Ghost Registered

That would be sweet

Good points BG.
    I suppose for me, just like some say that the powers from hands are over used, whats more overused than guns? I've just always liked to think of Zarathos as a very powerful demon with no use for such things. Stuff like guns can be left to the human vermin(as Zar would say)

20. FlameHead Registered

BG, you mentioned Ghost Rider becomming more powerful in other films... I think that's something we're going to see happen in this first film. I remember MSJ mentioned that Ghost Rider evolves in the film. Perhaps he'll start off with just the chain and grow into using the hellfire blasts and what not.

Of course, we would want him to becomve even MORE powerful in the future flicks.

I hate that they used that in Blade:Trinity. The first thing I thought of was Ghost rider and his Chain. There's no doubt in my mind Goyer took that idea from our boy.

As awesome as that sounds, I can't see that happening. Being burnt from the inside isn't one of Ghost Riders abilities. I think Man-Thing does that though...

21. Mr Nick Registered

22. FlameHead Registered

Yeah, loved seein' Canadian boy Ryan Renolds (note; he does not go by that name) in the flick though I think there was too much of him. Funny as he is...

23. Riding Ghost Registered

24. InVictus Registered

With the last MSJ revelations of the effect of hellfire on metal i think it's more probable that the shotgun is some kind of desperation weapon used by Blaze in the final battle, that it changes by the hellfire Johnny can now control without being GR...or something like that.

25. FlameHead Registered

Hmmm... that would be interesting and more along the lines of the comics. I'm not sure if you're right about that though. The reason why I say that is because we've seen pics of Cage with a normal shotgun and we know it changes to the hellfire one.

Maybe as the course the movie goes, Blaze becomes more aware of what his innner self can do. Therefor, he equipts himself with 'fire'power that he knows will alter in his demon form. He knows he's going to need all the help he can get when facing Blackheart.