Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Knight Returns Part Two

Holy **** 5/5

Big Trouble in Little China
Awesome 80s Kurt Russel

ohmo82.jpg

Jason Goes To Hell

1/10: Only reason I watched it is because I'm doing a Friday The 13th movie marathon right now. This one's the worst of the bunch.

Jason X

2/10: Kinda fun if you try not to think of it as a Friday The 13th movie. Absolute crap if you do. But at least they retconned the "teleporting zombie" s#!t out of the story. Now he's just an inexplicably unkillable killing machine again.

The Shawshank Redemption. Easily one of my favorite movies.

Fanboys : No matter how times I watch this movie I still love it.

Friday The 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

5/10: This is where the series begins a major downward spiral. Granted, there are some really cool death scenes in this one. But the whole "Zombie Jason" just makes it less scary than the others, IMO.

Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood

4/10: The only thing making this one not a complete loss is the introduction of Kane Hodder as Jason. Other than that, this one is utter crap.

Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhatten

2/10: As bad as Part 7 is, this one's even worse. Paramount just totally ran out of ideas, but were unwilling to stop try to milk this cash-cow.
But when you think about it, aren't all the F13 movies awful? :woot::woot:

OvxH7zb.jpg

The Man with the Iron Fists

For a movie about crazy cartoon martial arts, it moved very slowly. There wasn't much action for one thing and while the sets and the look of it is pretty amazing, the story is almost too silly. I did love the music but for whatever reason, it kept pulling me out of the movie. I get what Rza was trying to do but the execution was off by a lot.
5.5/10

Jason Goes To Hell

1/10: Only reason I watched it is because I'm doing a Friday The 13th movie marathon right now. This one's the worst of the bunch.

Jason X

2/10: Kinda fun if you try not to think of it as a Friday The 13th movie. Absolute crap if you do. But at least they retconned the "teleporting zombie" s#!t out of the story. Now he's just an inexplicably unkillable killing machine again.

Jason trapped on a holodeck and trying to kill hologram girls who are just programmed to giggle sexily at everything he does actually made me laugh quite a bit.

The Man with the Iron Fists

For a movie about crazy cartoon martial arts, it moved very slowly. There wasn't much action for one thing and while the sets and the look of it is pretty amazing, the story is almost too silly. I did love the music but for whatever reason, it kept pulling me out of the movie. I get what Rza was trying to do but the execution was off by a lot.
5.5/10

I'd probably score it lower, but that's pretty much exactly how I felt. In the hands of a more experienced director it could have been quite something, but alas it was pretty disappointing.

Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai. 8/10 for me. It was a bit slow in places, but overall I liked it better than 13 Assassins (which I still really, really like).

Hope Springs - 7/10

John Dies at the End - Coscarelli/10

Red Lights - 6/10

Magic Mike - Couldn't finish it/10

Resident Evil (2002)
Watchable
Jason Goes To Hell

I laughed my seating so hard at this

Silver Linings Playbook - 4.5/5

Absolutely loved it. Amazing performances from everyone. Seeing Zero Dark Thirty on Saturday but I'm rooting for Jennifer Lawrence to win the Oscar right now.

Parker. Decent Statham programmer, nothing like Westlake/Stark's character, of course.

We Need a Pope. Eh.

Over My Dead Body. Not particularly funny heist film, and a bit of a letdown after seeing The Thieves.

The Italian Job (2003 or -04). Eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"