Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Emily

2. Kathryn

3. Yvonne

I'm going to have to see Winnick in some more movies or whatever she's in or maybe give Vikings another try. I quit after about 7 episodes and just wasn't that impressed with her.

Yvonne......man, she is "Sorry, my jaw just dropped the on floor" good looking and has charm to burn. When she smiles, I sort of shake my head, shrug my shoulders, and think that just about everyone else in the world got the short stick (and, yes, I'm exaggerating....a little). I am very, very interested in seeing the new movie she's starring in (Manhattan Nocturne) with Adrien Brody. What I really want to know is whether she can carry a movie and this seems like the best opportunity to get some info about that. Her career is, IMO, very much on the way up.

The reason I'm so concerned about acting ability is that I think there's a strong chance that CM might end up playing a major role in future MCU releases (maybe THE major role??) and I want an actor who does it right. I'd like to see someone who can put RDJ in his place and make it believable. Not everyone can do that. Theron could for sure. This is really subjective, but I tend to think Charlize is the best actor in the poll.

Anyway, this movie could be the linchpin for this phase of MCU and I'm really, really pulling for it to be a good one. CM is basically the closest thing we've got to DC's Superman (plus she has a 6th and 7th sense....).

I'm on the emily blunt train. Alice eve and natalie dormer would be interesting choices though. I think they could do well with the role.

Racial disparity aside, my perfect captain mavel would be zoe saldana.

I'm on the emily blunt train. Alice eve and natalie dormer would be interesting choices though. I think they could do well with the role.

I'm on the same train and think Blunt could do a terrific job. She sold me with her role in "Edge of Tomorrow" (an underrated movie IMO). I'm thinking Zoe is quite happy with her part in MCU. It's definitely one of my favorite characters and she's become one of my favorite actors (way up there in MCU).

Zoe is already perfect as Gamora :yay: Emily has the acting ability and presence to pull off CM (my joint first choice with Charlize Theron).

I would love to see CM and Gamora appear together on screen. A scene with powerful female characters like CM, Gamora, Scarlet Witch and Wasp (fingers crossed!) fighting together would be amazing.

Don't get me wrong. Zoe is perfect for Gamora. But she'll be great for Captain Marvel as well. Actors can be good for two comic book roles right? Chris Evans comes to mind....and Ben Affleck.:oldrazz:

Don't get me wrong. Zoe is perfect for Gamora. But she'll be great for Captain Marvel as well. Actors can be good for two comic book roles right? Chris Evans comes to mind....and Ben Affleck.:oldrazz:

Yes, but nit her of these characters existed within a shared cinematic universe. Not to mention, Carol does centrally become a Guardian at some point. You'll end up having two characters being played by one actor in the same movie.

Now, it may not make that much of a difference as far as the character is concerned, but I want Carol to be portrayed as she is in the comics. It would be too distracting if she doesn't look anything like the comic book character. Marvel likes to keep synergy across medians. The appearance of The Avengers in the cartoons is hugely influenced by their appearance in the films which are heavily influenced by the comics.

I'm not actually pushing for zoe saldana to be cast as captain marvel now. It would be a logistical nightmare for the production and downright confusing for the audience if she played both characters. I'm just saying that in an alternate reality where she's not playing gamora, she would be my ideal choice for captain marvel.

No thank you.

In an alternate reality, I'd still like to see Blunt, Strahovski (with the right script), or Theron. :oldrazz:

So, I'm on Twitter right now, ACTUALLY having an argument as to why Kristen Stewart should not play Captain Marvel. What is the world coming to?

[YT][/YT]
In an alternate reality, I'd still like to see Blunt, Strahovski (with the right script), or Theron. :oldrazz:

Those are all awesome choices, but I was referring to current Marvel actors.

So, I'm on Twitter right now, ACTUALLY having an argument as to why Kristen Stewart should not play Captain Marvel. What is the world coming to?

Oh dear god no. On one hand, why even argue something THAT ridiculous........on the other hand, she doesn't even belong on the same screen as Theron. If anyone doesn't believe me, go see Snow White and the Huntsman......or anything either or them have been in.

Stewart is very, very pretty, but she would be a disaster as Carol. The good news is that no one at Marvel is stupid enough to cast her. I could just see her pouting at RDJ on screen. Can you imagine his reaction to a casting choice like that?

EDIT: Sorry to Ms. Stewart who is a far, far more accomplished actor than I am. I'm sure she works hard at her craft. I just don't think she'd make a very good Carol and think she'd have a very difficult time carrying the franchise. She catches a lot of crap and I shouldn't be piling on.

Last edited:
Oh dear god no. On one hand, why even argue something THAT ridiculous........on the other hand, she doesn't even belong on the same screen as Theron. If anyone doesn't believe me, go see Snow White and the Huntsman......or anything either or them have been in.

Stewart is very, very pretty, but she would be a disaster as Carol. The good news is that no one at Marvel is stupid enough to cast her. I could just see her pouting at RDJ on screen. Can you imagine his reaction to a casting choice like that?

EDIT: Sorry to Ms. Stewart who is a far, far more accomplished actor than I am. I'm sure she works hard at her craft. I just don't think she'd make a very good Carol and think she'd have a very difficult time carrying the franchise. She catches a lot of crap and I shouldn't be piling on.

Stewart doesn't belong in any Marvel movie, unless she's playing a corpse. Supposedly her acting has improved. She somehow won a French film award. Besides her acting, she's too young. She looks more like a pouty faced teenager than a grown, self-confident woman in her 30s. Please, I don't need a mouth breather for Carol Danvers.

Charlize Theron's 'new pal' Angelina Jolie
The duo are even hoping to work together on 'Captain Marvel', the comic giant's upcoming first female-led superhero film.

The source said: "Marvel has been courting Angie to direct the project and Charlize is a clear fan favourite for the starring role. If Charlize were to get the part, Angie would almost certainly sign on to work with her new pal."

Huh??? They would be the oddest pair of friends I ever did see.

Huh??? They would be the oddest pair of friends I ever did see.

When I was in at a language institute in Cuernavaca some years ago, I (an Irish/Mexican dude from LA), hooked up with a black dude from Chicago and a Jewish woman from NY. We bombed around Mexico together for some time and called ourselves "The Odd Squad". So, no, seems about right to me. :cwink:

If this is true, I think it would be VERY good news for CM. Very, very good......

If they can encourage each other to sign up, so be it. I think Theron would be the tougher sale.

I love Rosamund Pike, Jessica Chastain or Emily Blunt for the role. Charlize could be fantastic also. Funny Charlize, Jessica and Emily are all working on the Huntsman movie with Chris.

I love Rosamund Pike, Jessica Chastain or Emily Blunt for the role. Charlize could be fantastic also. Funny Charlize, Jessica and Emily are all working on the Huntsman movie with Chris.

Saw Gone Girl and, while not a mirror of the CM role, thought Pike was absolutely terrific. She went way up from being way up there after I saw that movie. Love Chastain, but, for some reason, she doesn't scream Carol to me. Medusa??

Didn't know that about The Huntsman. Jessica or Emily will be his wife I guess. I'm thinking Emily as she makes a good dying wife :cwink:. Maybe the other evil? It'll be very interesting to see them all in the same movie. More than interesting really. I'm thinking they'll have made a casting decision on Carol by the time the movie is released??

Imagine that....they dumped Stewart and the director. Wonder what could have facilitated that???? :o

If this is true, I think it would be VERY good news for CM. Very, very good......

I must confess I don't want Jolie to direct CM. I don't think she has the necessary talent to take on directing such an important movie. Her directing opportunities have all been obtained based on her fame rather than her talent (sorry if this sounds harsh). I just can't imagine her bringing talent similar to Gunn, Whedon, Russos etc. to this movie.

If Marvel want a female director there are other more talented directors to choose from.

I must confess I don't want Jolie to direct CM. I don't think she has the necessary talent to take on directing such an important movie. Her directing opportunities have all been obtained based on her fame rather than her talent (sorry if this sounds harsh). I just can't imagine her bringing talent similar to Gunn, Whedon, Russos etc. to this movie.

If Marvel want a female director there are other more talented directors to choose from.

And I must confess that, to a large extent, I based my opinion on 2 movies I didn't see, Marvel's apparent interest in her, and the idea that it might help court Charlize into the role. While, as a director, she has gotten mixed reviews, I tend to think that talent and intelligence will rise to the top. Angelina has both. If Marvel is really interested in her, then I don't think it's because of her popularity or that they are trying to be nice to her. They've been pretty shrewd thus far. That and I'd love to see Charlize in the role. My personal opinion is that Charlize would be worth (a whole lot of) millions at the box office; both on reputation AND because of what she brings to the screen.

On the other hand, I think Angelina is probably more hard headed than I am (that is to say I don't see her as a shrinking violet) and I wonder how it would work out if her vision and the studio's vision "differed" once things started rolling.

We've had that issue before as I recall??? :cwink:

EDIT: I don't think it's necessary to have a female director, though I think it would be really good if they could find the right fit. Who would you suggest? Mimi Leder? Kathryn Bigelow?? Sofia Coppola? Jane Campion? Women haven't really been given much of an opportunity in directing anything other than documentaries; especially action type films.

Last edited:
I'm really wanting Blake Lively now.

Carol_Danvers_(Earth-616)_from_Avengers_Vol_5_37_0001.png

Blake_Lively.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really wanting Blake Lively now.

Carol_Danvers_(Earth-616)_from_Avengers_Vol_5_37_0001.png

Blake_Lively.jpg

A few pages back, I was wondering about her after seeing "Age of Adaline". I thought she did a very, very nice job. I saw her in some movie called Savages or something like that (it was frankly quite forgettable). Maybe that was a one off. I haven't seen much of her work.

Someone else pointed out that a Scarjo - Blake Lively pairing in a future MCU movie might be.....um......uncomfortable? Might not make for great cast chemistry? I don't think people generally thought my idea of replacing Jeremy Renner with Ryan Reynolds as Hawkeye and using him as a go between was a very good idea.

Don't see that one happening even though I was quite impressed with Blake's latest performance.

I thought Jolie and Marvel talks broke down or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"