Who do you want to see as Captain Marvel? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't see anything inherently wrong with the GL suit. :shrug:

I liked the design, it was the quality of the FX used to bring it to life that was often questionable.

Anyway... what are you people's opinions on what Bendis is doing right now with Carol Danvers? I haven't read the comic (nor do I think I ever will... I'm not getting any more Captain Marvel comics until this whole ****show is finally over), but I personally really don't think I'd like it.
From what I've gathered around the internet it seems like we have another case of character assassination in the name of forced conflict; apprehending (if that is what is going on, I'm not sure) people for crimes they haven't even committed yet doesn't sound like anything Captain Marvel would do, but then again, as I already said I have not read it.

I really hope this doesn't end up being another Tony Stark situation, where people will still randomly hate on the character even years after the run has ended.
Also this is why in some respects I prefer movies to comic books. Their more self-contained and riskier nature makes it more difficult for crappy writers to have their go at beloved characters.

Last edited:
I think that was the rumor, but from reading the actual story, I don't see it. For the first two big takeaways, it was about being in the right place when someone like Thanos shows up. I don't think anyone would consider stopping Thanos from stealing a Cosmic Cube to be apprehending someone for crimes they hadn't committed.

But she certainly was actively investigating a person before he had any inclination of doing anything bad based on a vision of the future that said he would.

This. I had neither a problem with the idea (I actually applaud that they thought so much outside the box), design or implementation. Gets a bit of unfair criticism as far as I'm concerned.

Just look at her. That's our Captain Marvel!

tumblr_oafp0m9Oqf1tj0srso1_250.jpg

I think that was the rumor, but from reading the actual story, I don't see it. For the first two big takeaways, it was about being in the right place when someone like Thanos shows up. I don't think anyone would consider stopping Thanos from stealing a Cosmic Cube to be apprehending someone for crimes they hadn't committed.
I guess I was taking the blatant Minority Report similarities a bit too seriously. :o
It's reassurring to hear that outside of the Hulk thing she still hasn't done anything exceptionally out of character yet ([BLACKOUT]Hawkeye, on the other hand...[/BLACKOUT] :dry:), but the event is far from over and there's still plenty of time for Bendis to **** things up.

Ugh, I hate those heroes vs. heroes stories so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"