Why are people so skeptical of UFO's?

Personally, I've always thought that UFO phenomena isn't extraterrestrial in nature (universe is just too big) I think UFOs are extradimensional. I think they phase in and out of our plane at will.

Space is not finite. It's arrogant to think we're the only intelligent life in the planet when we have multiple species of bugs and animals and germs and such on our own planet.

Space is not finite. It's arrogant to think we're the only intelligent life in the planet when we have multiple species of bugs and animals and germs and such on our own planet.

Actually, it very well may be.

The concept of the finite or infinite nature of the universe has to be one of those things that can drive you crazy and the human mind can't comprehend easily.

I mean if we accept that is finite then what is there on its outer limits? A dark empty space? Nothingness? And what shape does that universe have? A bubble? Rectangular?

Then again if it is infinite how in the hell it is expanding in eternity and what caused a reaction like this? And how can something extend so far away?

Crazy stuff.

Cthulhu knows, but I don't think any of us are brave enough to ask.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/09/warp-drive-plausible/

Personally, I don't think it's possible for there NOT to be intelligent alien life in the universe besides humans. I am religious, so I think God not allowing any other creatures would be the only way there aren't others.

I see it as arrogant to assume we're the only ones. The universe is just too damn big. People say that a lot, but that's just because it can't be said enough. It is BIG.

Carbon and silicon are the two easiest elements to create life out of, so I expect we'll eventually find both.

Another point: while I believe it possible that aliens have been spotted in the past century, I have difficulty imagining how we'd be able to see them, unless they didnt care. If you are warp-capable, you should be able to hide from radar and naked eye if you wish.

I also think that if aliens came to our planet, they'd be scientists or diplomats. I can't think of a real tangible reason for an invasion. Anything you could possibly want is in the asteroid belt or uninhibited planets, a lot of the time a single asteroid holds more precious metals than Earth. If they needed more living space, they'd still have to work hard to terraform our planet (so why wouldn't they just do it to an uninhibited one?) even if they DID just happen to breathe the exact same amount of oxygen we do.

My dream is to have an non-human, but still intelligent, friend. Whether it's an uplifted dog or an alien (ideally, both).

This is something that rare gets mentioned and I lean towards it myself. It makes sense in a way, when you have a vast technological advancement, you can pretty much harness energy from endless sources that exists in the universe or even produce it by yourself from zero point.

That way there's no point being hostile in other forms of life. Well, unless aliens have an appetite for human flesh that is.:awesome:

And I never got that "What if their world is dying and they are forced to invade Earth and makes us slaves":woot: Really? (I guess alien invasions come more in handy for Hollywood) With their capability they could terraform easily any dead planet as they see fit and have robots do the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
Personally, I've always thought that UFO phenomena isn't extraterrestrial in nature (universe is just too big) I think UFOs are extradimensional. I think they phase in and out of our plane at will.

That's actually what one of the American government investigators proposed.

Mostly because he could think of no other way to explain why they appear in the places they do, so seemingly randomly.

I don't know. But it seems we'll have to wait to get it from the horse's mouth (the people flying the flying saucers).

Can you share their stories? If you don't mind, of course.

I knew a military pilot who was rather reluctant to talk about it. Not something you talk about in the service apparently. His copilot apparently refused to discuss it (though he didn't deny it). Hasn't really shared much detail. With pilots (even retired ones) it's don't ask, don't tell.

I also met an astronomer in college who claimed he saw one. He'd only talk about it after I convinced him I wouldn't laugh. Which is apparently not unheard of in that line of work. The actual account was rather dull. Brilliant object, not any known celestial object... not exactly a close encounter.

Hmmm, interesting! What do you think about the Phoenix Lights?

That was a rather unusual one.

What I found most odd was that it didn't fit the MO of most UFO cases.

The official story is that there was a formation of fighters dropping flares. Witnesses (and this time there are hundreds, if not thousands) say that's not what they saw. The governor of Arizona has since come out and said that he believes it was a "true" UFO. Once he left office, of course. Apparently the military wouldn't talk to him.

I did read an interesting account from a local air force pilot, who claims he was scrambled around the time the incident happened, but I can't recall where I read it.

I really would have to read more about that case. I recall there were an unusual amount of discrepancies (there were a **** load of witnesses). It would be very interesting to see how that would play out today with everyone having smart phones.

That's actually what one of the American government investigators proposed.

Mostly because he could think of no other way to explain why they appear in the places they do, so seemingly randomly.

I've thought about this for years now. It seems a lot more plausible to me that the phenomena could be explained as beings from a higher dimension than ones from another planet. Travel over vast interstellar distances would need a large amount of resources for the trip alone.

Pretty awesome episode

[YT]vUFZcIdCJNs[/YT]

I think a lot of abduction stories are iffy to believe but this ones pretty intriguing

Also, anyone pay attention to the Citizen Hearings from last week? Im going to purchase the archive videos and watch em. They are there until June.

If I remember it correctly the people who sa the Phoenix Lights said that they think it's a mothership because it has huge.

People interviewed said it was the largest structure they've ever seen. People would hold up a newspaper in front of them and the aircraft was still not blotted out.

Its said to have been 1,000's of feet in length. I wouldn't doubt it would be something like a mothership type craft.

flares.jpg

phoenix-lights.jpg

PHP47D987E6C9B1A.jpg

Its so hard for people to make arguments against extra terrestrial life. More so than people who believe in it solely on the fact of sheer numbers. The number of stars/galaxies/solar systems/etc.

Its also hard for people to argue that aliens couldn't find Earth. We perceive technology only around what we as a species have figured out. A species like us but have been around for thousands....millions...billions of years could of cracked physiological/biological/inter stellar science and math that we just could never possibly understand.

I kind of can't help but giggle at the people who say "well the universe is just TOO BIG! How could they possibly find us in all of these stars". These people need to suspend some disbelief for a moment and realize that there may be technologies out there where they have galactic maps that can detect life forms on an interstellar level.

I hate to use this as an example but since we are all truly just Comic Nerds here it could very well be like Professor X's Cerebro. An entity to tap in on a galactic scale and detect life forms on distant planets in far off galaxies.

Just something to think about :)

Nope... sorry. Still doesn't make sense. A SINGLE civilization with those capabilities would have colonized the entire galaxy by now. There would be several of them, or maybe one dominant one, in which case we'd already be extinct. There would be some galactic league that has encompasses almost every system in the Milky Way. Our galaxy has been around long enough to permit this.

The only other explanation is that Earth is a class 1 quarantined planet and nobody is allowed to contact us, else the "League" would go Krypton on their asses. So ask yourself, what is more likely?

I'd say nobody has a clue how to travel in interstellar space. But that's not the end of the story. We should be able to make radio contact with somebody within a millennia. If not, the latter possibility grows more and more.

Aliens are real, they have no soul, worship no god and are made up of different breeds. Everyone who have ever claimed that they were abducted by aliens lied about it and I don't know why.

NASA sent a message into space in 1974

37 years later, we got a response

http://voices.yahoo.com/nasa-sent-message-into-space-197437-years-later-1939468.html

The Citizen Hearing showed the sent out message and the crop circle response 37 years later side by side as apart of a slide show.

The NASA dude who concocted the message tells his kids, who in turn tells their friends. "Hey, won't it be a sick joke on our old man to take out the crop bender and draw this thing up in the local field.... :hehe:" There is your response 37 years later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"