Why make the ending so weird

Oversimply it? Lets be serious here. Raimi didnt instill the scene with poetry or hidden messages or anything. Marko appears, sells Pete the "I killed yer Uncle because my buddy bumped into me (Can't believe they even TRIED that in the film, but hey..) but it's okay because I have a sick daughter. She has tubes up her nose. That...ya know, makes it cool to kill people. I'm not a bad guy, really" crap, Pete cries and forgives him.

Hell, Pete's whole 'We've all done terrible things' line didnt even make sense. What did Pete do besides ***** slap MJ that was SO terrible? Strutting? Ignoring Connors on the phone? demanding cookies from Chocolate Cake Girl? Putting his feet on JJJ's desk? OoooOOOOooOo Peter! Yer right up there with Hitler and Stalin, you devil, you!

Oh wait, the flushing Marko down the drain? Hardly an act of pure evil. Hell, he threw a massive steel hour hand at Octopus in movie 2.

All in all, by forgiving Marko he's pretty much opened himself up to having to forgive any villain with a decent sob story.

I think it's funny how you preface your post by saying "Let's be serious" and then go on to rant, joke, and oversimplify what happened in the movie. :whatever:

Probably what should've happened,at least in my opinion,is that during the ending fight Marko realizes that teaming up with Venom was a mistake. He knows he's not a killer but he wanted revenge on Spider-man so he went along. His wife and daughter are at the scene and she pleads with him to stop what he's doing. Marko turns on Venom and tries to do the right thing,but in the end Venom kills him. I don't know,something like that. So,he dies,but he dies a hero. Kinda like Doc Ock in part 2.

I agree. In fact, I had thought something like this would happen since Venom killed (or apparently killed) him in the comics.

I'm sorry...but....

GAYEST THING EVER SAID.
Funny you left out the 'like adults on children's games', which is the more serious part.
And don’t be such a homophobe.

Wow, the consistency of opinions that I read here are mostly either 'Sandman should've given himself up' or 'Sandman should've died'. So that makes me think that people would be quick to rather accept martyrs instead of far from perfect but yet good penitent men. Because the later just doesn’t cut it for the message, does it?
That's another aspect of christianity I detest.

Let's get some peeps together and rob and kill all of Trevor's loved ones.

If we say we are sorry after, he won't mind...

Pfft, shows your lack of maturity...and valid arguments.

To play the nerd:
You just don’t seem to get the difference between a premeditated crime with no reason other than greed and slaughter and a premeditated crime with a noble cause.

To play the spiting game:
Guess you would want Robin Hood to rot in jail, since he operates against the law of the land too.

I just watched SM 3 and i can't but wondering why the heck this happened:

Spidey had just defeated venom and harry just had died
suddenly a defeated sandman appears out of nowhere and explains what happed to uncle ben

this is were i get confused:

pete forgive sandy and then sand has this weird expression on his face like he is gonna cry and then he just kinda wisks away into the breeze.

so by now im thinking this is how it should have gone:

Spidey: I forgive you

Sandy: (looks like he is about to cry) You know what im to manly to cry and plus if i do i'l hurt myself(cuz tears are mostly water) so im just going to wisk away into the breeze for dramatic effect, kinda like the dragon from the never ending story, ok...

Spidey: Aw screw it... (throws pumpkin bomb at sandman) hell no!

If there's a God in heaven, i pray he picks YOU to write the next Spider-man movie!

:whatever:

I think it's funny how you preface your post by saying "Let's be serious" and then go on to rant, joke, and oversimplify what happened in the movie. :whatever:

Why so serious? :hoboj:

Funny you left out the 'like adults on children's games', which is the more serious part.
And don’t be such a homophobe.

Wow...even saying the word "gay", without talking about homosexuals, makes me a homophobe...wow...I love how, in this world, you can get in trouble by saying anything these days.

Well...if you get shot, and you see the murderer in the afterlife...go have a mug of beer with him and talk about the day when he shot you.

Go...go right ahead.

Let's get some peeps together and rob and kill all of Trevor's loved ones.

If we say we are sorry after, he won't mind...

Sounds like a blasty-blast.

Go Thomas Jane on their A's....Punisher reference, fyi.

You know there's a difference between murder and manslaughter, right?

Eh, they both sound fun.

This movie has given me nightmares. Really, so much potential down the drain. With the right touch and it could have blown away SM2. Any idiot could have written a better script than what we got in SM3. I loved the first two, and I think SM2 is a masterpiece. SM3 left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. The sad part is that I don't know how they can fix this mess for the next spidey movies.

I have probably seen SM2 more than 40 times from beginning to end.
I have only seen SM3 one time from beginning to end. I have seen the mansion fight and the last fight a couple of times and that's about it. Really, I'm still shaking my head.

Pfft, shows your lack of maturity...and valid arguments.

To play the nerd:
You just don’t seem to get the difference between a premeditated crime with no reason other than greed and slaughter and a premeditated crime with a noble cause.

To play the spiting game:
Guess you would want Robin Hood to rot in jail, since he operates against the law of the land too.
Greed and slaughter are relative terms.

IN star wars to the rebels, luke skywalker was a freedom fighter, to the side of the empire, he was a terrorist jeapordasing their quest for universal order.

Now what you don't seem to understand is that Flint commited multiple crimes in this film AFTER the only one he apologised for.

He's broken out of jail, assaulted police officers, kidnapped and attempted murder on spidey's life.

He's also a victim of a scientific accident and he doesn't truelly understand the extent of his condition, yet he doesn't hand himself in.

His crusade to cure his daughter was completely irresponsible ESPECIALLY considering the additional power he had.

You live in a society that people PAY for what they do wrong and ultimately, your saying that if they 'say' they are sorry, they are allowed to hurt all the people they please in order to take their own personal pleasures.

I don't know where this comes from since there are biblical references of people having to pay for what they do.

An eye for an eye
If you're bad you go to hell etc...

This strain of thought is so deeply rooted to most societies, I find it hard for you to say its flawed.

Being sorry is simply not enough, if you take from society, you must be willing to give back or serve one's time at its mercy or aiding it.

your whole train of thought has no physical being, it's a completely abstract utopian strain of thought. I have no idea why you think it's realistic.

i have a feeling that you have never had anyone close to you been loss due to the carelessness of another...

this doesn't have to do with the film, it has to do with a commen trevor made, so.......mind your own..

:o

Oh, so it's just completely off-topic? :whatever:

This movie has given me nightmares. Really, so much potential down the drain. With the right touch and it could have blown away SM2. Any idiot could have written a better script than what we got in SM3. I loved the first two, and I think SM2 is a masterpiece. SM3 left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. The sad part is that I don't know how they can fix this mess for the next spidey movies.

It wasn't the script, it was the editing. Everything is there, it just suffered from a 140 minute restriction, so certain scenes (mostly character development for the new characters) were cut for time and/or redundancy.

I have probably seen SM2 more than 40 times from beginning to end.
I have only seen SM3 one time from beginning to end. I have seen the mansion fight and the last fight a couple of times and that's about it. Really, I'm still shaking my head.

I feel your pain. I love the first two and can't believe the same person who did those two directed this one as well. I don't think this is beyond repair though if they continue to make movies in this continuity. As bad as Spider-Man 3 is, it's still no Superman Returns, which killed that franchise before it even got started.

There are obviously alot of reasons why it wasn't as good as the previous films for some people. But,do you think one of the reasons was because Raimi and co. didn't really get time to rest after part 2? It was pretty much 24/7 Spider-man for the sequel,and then as soon as that's done they jump right into part 3. I would think your brain would need some time to rest? I'm sure Sony was breathing down his neck the whole time.

There are obviously alot of reasons why it wasn't as good as the previous films for some people. But,do you think one of the reasons was because Raimi and co. didn't really get time to rest after part 2?

They got more rest after part 2 than they did after part 1. SM-2 came out two years after SM-1. SM-3 came out three years after SM-2.

I'm still mad there was no Spidey swing at the end! uh

IN star wars to the rebels, luke skywalker was a freedom fighter, to the side of the empire, he was a terrorist jeapordasing their quest for universal order.

Now what you don't seem to understand is that Flint commited multiple crimes in this film AFTER the only one he apologised for.

He's broken out of jail, assaulted police officers, kidnapped and attempted murder on spidey's life.

He's also a victim of a scientific accident and he doesn't truelly understand the extent of his condition, yet he doesn't hand himself in.

His crusade to cure his daughter was completely irresponsible ESPECIALLY considering the additional power he had.

You live in a society that people PAY for what they do wrong and ultimately, your saying that if they 'say' they are sorry, they are allowed to hurt all the people they please in order to take their own personal pleasures.

I don't know where this comes from since there are biblical references of people having to pay for what they do.

An eye for an eye

This strain of thought is so deeply rooted to most societies, I find it hard for you to say its flawed.

Being sorry is simply not enough, if you take from society, you must be willing to give back or serve one's time at its mercy or aiding it.

your whole train of thought has no physical being, it's a completely abstract utopian strain of thought. I have no idea why you think it's realistic.

i have a feeling that you have never had anyone close to you been loss due to the carelessness of another...

I :heart: your reasoning.

They got more rest after part 2 than they did after part 1. SM-2 came out two years after SM-1. SM-3 came out three years after SM-2.

I'm not disagreeing,but part 3 was a HUGE film as far as budget and expectation goes,even bigger than the previous two films. So it would take a little longer to get everything together and start shooting.I can't remember,but I swore I read in the "Spider-man 3 chronicles," that right after they finished production on part 2,they went right into discussing the script for the 3rd movie.
I really get the feeling that for most of the people who worked on part 3,well,they were tired and just didn't seem to have the heart for it.

I'm not disagreeing,but part 3 was a HUGE film as far as budget and expectation goes,even bigger than the previous two films. So it would take a little longer to get everything together and start shooting.

Yes, and had the whole extra year to prepare for it.

I can't remember,but I swore I read in the "Spider-man 3 chronicles," that right after they finished production on part 2,they went right into discussing the script for the 3rd movie.

They did the same with Spider-Man 2 after part 1. They were filming and everything less than a year after SM-1 was released.

I really get the feeling that for most of the people who worked on part 3,well,they were tired and just didn't seem to have the heart for it.

With the script they got handed for SM-3, I'm not surprised their hearts were not in it. Though, Dunst never had her heart in it.

Err, no their not.
Greed serves no other purpose but to satisfy your own materialistic hunger. It’s a sin.
Slaughter is, and notice my use of words, forgivable to a certain degree only at war. Once one of the sides won, only the chief commanders are prosecuted while the privates are released because they were just following orders. After proper investigations to determine who’s to blame to what crime of course. Hell, I think there are a few Nazi privates left still alive in Germany.

Again, that’s a matter of war, which I don’t want to get into more than I already have.

Robin Hood was a much better example because he and his ‘Merry Men’ was literally just a band of thieves who robbed from the rich to give to the poor, which was against the law. The rich had nothing to do with Robin’s agenda against the Warden and yet they were the target victims. However still, Robin was fair, that’s why he robbed only from the rich, who have more than enough gold and possessions as it is and gave it to the ones who needed it most, he didn’t keep any for himself.

No, I do understand that. And besides your suggestion of them ‘sucking it up’, to which I agreed, I can say this:
The only innocent people he really ever harmed were Uncle Ben and Mary Jane. That’s in relation to Spider-Man so it all falls in the same forgiveness pot.
As for the Spider-Man himself and the policemen - it was their job. If you want to become a cop and not expect to be shot or killed in a risky situation, don’t do it. They must’ve known what to look out for when they accepted the badge and were brave about it. Otherwise those were a bunch of very dump policemen.
And while I would agree that Sandman isn’t the brightest villain in the bunch and he didn’t choose a particularly well planed or just plan of action, yet similarly to Robin Hood he was fair about it and robbed only from banks, which are juristical persons (sorry don’t know the proper definition in English so I don’t know if I translated that one right), and is always insured.

Irresponsible in relation to whom?
And ‘crusade’ is such a christian warmonger word…:oldrazz:

No, you keep missing my point and staining it with the wrong words:
1) Most of the time you use the word ‘say he’s sorry’ as in not really ‘being sorry’. Deceit and true penitence are two different things. My point is only based on if the criminal is truly sorry, which I do agree is a hard thing to know for sure in most situations. But in the case of Sandman, we know he’s sorry, that’s what Sam Raimi wanted his character to feel and do, nothing else, no obscure deceit behind it. So if you’re doubting Sandman’s profoundness, you’re saying that Sam didn’t really know his characters very well and had no clue what he was doing with them, as if he had little control over them and they had a will of their own. Now I’m putting words in your mouth and accusing you of things you might not mean but I found no simpler way to explain myself.
2) For this one I’ll just say it more plainly - NOT personal pleasures. What I have been talking about from the very start were personal noble causes;
And not all the people they please but I hope you got the idea…:cwink:

An eye for an eye

As I said, we live two worlds apart.
But where I’m only suggesting exceptions such as they are made in times of war, not entirely changing your one-sided materialistic system of physical proof and physical punishment (to which I already gave enough comments of my own), you’re completely in denial and overprotective against even this smallest reform.

Don’t go there. You’ll find me more apathetic to the human race in general then you’d expect.

An eye for an eye

You haven't lost your flare, Odin :up:

Yes, and had the whole extra year to prepare for it.

Extra year? They spent just as much time writing on SM3 (probably more, given the changes that were made) as they did on SM2. The extra year was for post-production, not writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"