Why Thor or Superman cannot beat Sentry.

Badfish40oz said:
I'm assuming JLA/Avengers is considered canon because it was referenced in an actual DC book (and because Superman beat Thor . . I bet if it was the other way around DC fans would be saying it didn't count). The "egg" Krona was trapped in is shown in a JLA book.
First off, welcome to the Hype. Secondly no, the bolded part makes no sense. Why are DC fans given such a petty reputation. The Marvel fans here are accepting JLA/Avengers as contuinity, even though Thor lost. Look, there will be always be the ridicilious fanboys that have this mindset, but let's not generalize.

Harlekin said:
First off, welcome to the Hype. Secondly no, the bolded part makes no sense. Why are DC fans given such a petty reputation. The Marvel fans here are accepting JLA/Avengers as contuinity, even though Thor lost. Look, there will be always be the ridicilious fanboys that have this mindset, but let's not generalize.

So why is that crossover accepted as continuity where as other crossovers are not?

Because it was referenced in canon comics, unlike most other crossovers, and the results of the crossover weren't wholly ******ed like Marvel vs. DC's.

TheCorpulent1 said:
neither has anyone besides the Celestials (who are even more powerful than Galactus, so it's nothing to be ashamed of).

I agree with the statement, but having said that, do you think the Earth X scenario with Galactus and the host of Celestials is possible? He killed, what, 2 Celestials then? And then Franklin who turned into Galactus, trashed two more with his eye beams to drive them off.

Interesting to ask someone willing to think along an open minded corridor.:up:

TheCorpulent1 said:
Because it was referenced in canon comics, unlike most other crossovers, and the results of the crossover weren't wholly ******ed like Marvel vs. DC's.

Makes sense :up:

Marvel vs DC crossovers are not serious, they are not in continuity and sometimes they are even votes. They can not and should not be used to determine who would win in a fight even if in some writers fantasy he sees venom going toe to toe with superman. In fight where Superman actually used his abilities, where the writer is taking an objective view on who would win in this fight then venom goes down everytime. Ok, now im a thor fan, i think thor should have won in JLa/Avengers, but you know what he didnt and i accept that for what it was. Now the questions comes down to who would win against sentry, and right now noone knows or can know because his writing is so damnn varied. Pnce they settle on a powerlevel for sentry, then well talk.

I think king thor could take most any character in marvel right now save some cosmic entities ect. He is/was the supreme ruler of a godly pantheon. His magical abilities are unbelievable in this role.

I'd agree with that. The way "Ragnarok" left him, with the full force of the Odinpower and rune magic his to command, I'd say he was even more powerful than Odin ever was, and Odin was pretty much the most powerful deity in Marvel's pantheons. Even in the future of "The Reigning," when he hadn't quite mastered the Odinpower as well as he did in "Ragnarok," Dr. Strange needed a necklace with the magic of the entire Council Elite of the Pantheons of Earth to shut down the Odinpower. That's a council of literally every other ruling deity of every other pantheon on Earth, which was convened only a few times to deal with the biggest threats and issues the pantheons faced.
Genesis 1.0 said:
I agree with the statement, but having said that, do you think the Earth X scenario with Galactus and the host of Celestials is possible? He killed, what, 2 Celestials then? And then Franklin who turned into Galactus, trashed two more with his eye beams to drive them off.

Interesting to ask someone willing to think along an open minded corridor.:up:
Earth X is out of continuity, so it's possible that the power levels differed there. Or maybe Galactus had recently fed. I'm not sure how powerful Galactus is after a recent feeding, but I know it's way, way above being even remotely pestered by the likes of Thor. When the Exiles fought a Galactus who wasn't nearly dying of starvation (which is how we normally see him in the 616 universe), they turned the whole gladiator arena into an army of superhumans and still barely fazed the G-man. Thunderbird had to draw on more power from his Celestial enhancements than he ever had before (more even than he used to utterly demolish a mindless Hulk on another world) just to punch a hole and throw the special bomb Reed had prepared in. Assuming Galactus' power levels are similar in that reality, I'd say the height of his power would be among the uppermost tiers of the cosmic entities.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I'd agree with that. The way "Ragnarok" left him, with the full force of the Odinpower and rune magic his to command, I'd say he was even more powerful than Odin ever was, and Odin was pretty much the most powerful deity in Marvel's pantheons. Even in the future of "The Reigning," when he hadn't quite mastered the Odinpower as well as he did in "Ragnarok," Dr. Strange needed a necklace with the magic of the entire Council Elite of the Pantheons of Earth to shut down the Odinpower. That's a council of literally every other ruling deity of every other pantheon on Earth, which was convened only a few times to deal with the biggest threats and issues the pantheons faced.

Earth X is out of continuity, so it's possible that the power levels differed there. Or maybe Galactus had recently fed. I'm not sure how powerful Galactus is after a recent feeding, but I know it's way, way above being even remotely pestered by the likes of Thor. When the Exiles fought a Galactus who wasn't nearly dying of starvation (which is how we normally see him in the 616 universe), they turned the whole gladiator arena into an army of superhumans and still barely fazed the G-man. Thunderbird had to draw on more power from his Celestial enhancements than he ever had before (more even than he used to utterly demolish a mindless Hulk on another world) just to punch a hole and throw the special bomb Reed had prepared in. Assuming Galactus' power levels are similar in that reality, I'd say the height of his power would be among the uppermost tiers of the cosmic entities.

I would agree, the only Cosmic being I would personally put above Galactus would be the (yuck, I just threw up in the back of my throat and swallowed it, just thought I would share) the LT obviously, Eternity and I guess Infinity, possibly lord chaos and master order but only on equal terms with him, but even at full might I'm not sure about that, maybe the most powerful Celestials as well.

Galactus and the Celestials look remarkably similar. It's because Kirby designed both, I know, but I always thought it'd be cool if someone revealed a secret past that linked them somehow.

They kinda did, in Earth X, but yeah, yeah, it's out of continuity. But I liked it. Thought it was really freakin innovative.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Galactus and the Celestials look remarkably similar. It's because Kirby designed both, I know, but I always thought it'd be cool if someone revealed a secret past that linked them somehow.

Hmm one thought comes to mind that they are somehow linked from the last universe that existed before this one. But that wouldn't make sense since Galactus is supossedly the last survivor from that Universe but then again Marvel really doesn't care about being consistent or making sense :up:

Anubis said:
They kinda did, in Earth X, but yeah, yeah, it's out of continuity. But I liked it. Thought it was really freakin innovative.
I liked Earth X but that one had very little Celestial stuff. When Universe and Paradise started blaming basically everything that ever happened in the Marvel universe on the Celestials, I got bored with it. The core of Earth X, with Cap and the Skull, however, was really cool.

I meant Universe. where the whole reason Galactis went around devouring planets was because the Celestials were using them as incubators for they're offspring and empowering the inhabitants to act as antibodies. So Galactis would drain the planets of it's resources and basically kill the baby while keeping the planet intact to keep the cosmic order balanced. That rocked. That was a cool explanation.

MajinShenron said:
To start off if anyone has anything to say to change my opinion go ahead. I am open minded.

Sentry was able to defeat Carnage easily, no more than one page. When Superman fought Venom, who is supposedly weaker than Carnage, gave Superman a pretty hard time even with Spiderman helping.

So not only that but when Thor fought Superman he lost so that means he is weaker than Superman and if he fought Venom he would have a challenge (and be being a Venom fanboy I think he would lose :p).

Also lets compare Venom in the Marvel universe. He beat Spiderman up easily who was able to defeat Firelord (Venom obviously cant beat Firelord but I am referring to physical strength), he was able to withstand Juggernauts punches and saying "it tickles", Venom was able to beat Wolverine, and there are others.

So how strong is Sentry? I dont think we saw the limit yet but we know he is stronger than Thor or Superman.

Here is a page from the comic since I doubt everyone read it:

venomowning1iy.jpg

1)The Hulk beat Onslaught (in the slugfest)
2)The Hulk beat the Galaxy Master.
3)A snake beat the hulk

a snake >>>> Galaxy Master and Onslaught :up:

Anubis said:
I meant Universe. where the whole reason Galactis went around devouring planets was because the Celestials were using them as incubators for they're offspring and empowering the inhabitants to act as antibodies. So Galactis would drain the planets of it's resources and basically kill the baby while keeping the planet intact to keep the cosmic order balanced. That rocked. That was a cool explanation.
Yeah, I hated that explanation. I continue to be glad that the X trilogy isn't in continuity.

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
I would agree, the only Cosmic being I would personally put above Galactus would be the (yuck, I just threw up in the back of my throat and swallowed it, just thought I would share) the LT obviously, Eternity and I guess Infinity, possibly lord chaos and master order but only on equal terms with him, but even at full might I'm not sure about that, maybe the most powerful Celestials as well.

A being wielding the Infinity Gauntlet is also above Galactus level. Even when he shed his physical form (along with Chaos and Order I think it was) and attacked as a being of energy they still couldn't beat Thanos because of the Gauntlet.:up:

TheCorpulent1 said:
I liked Earth X but that one had very little Celestial stuff. When Universe and Paradise started blaming basically everything that ever happened in the Marvel universe on the Celestials, I got bored with it. The core of Earth X, with Cap and the Skull, however, was really cool.

Yeah, I knew it was out of continuity, I was just wondering if you thought that was at all plausible in a well fed scenario. As to the explanation to which Galactus feeds, that was explained in Earth X before they expounded on it in Universe X. I just thought the scene where Galactus pulls out that big ass gun and blows the Celestials in half was pure badass. Then they killed the original Galactus and here comes Franklin, who transforms into Galactus and forgets he was ever Franklin, and blows two of them apart with his eye lasers and they turn tail and run.

Galactus Badassery at it's best.:up:

Not to mention Loki telling everyone on Asgard to stop talking like idiots with all of the 'Nay' and Thou' crap. Priceless to see Loki of all people speaking near slang and cursing properly. Yeah, Earth X was by far the best of that triology, they even found a way to make the Watcher cool. I was hoping they might keep that Punisher/Red Skull isigna for another arc but they never did.

To the post far above.

Professor X will beat Flash in a foot race before Venom manhandles Superman.

Tropico said:
A being wielding the Infinity Gauntlet is also above Galactus level. Even when he shed his physical form (along with Chaos and Order I think it was) and attacked as a being of energy they still couldn't beat Thanos because of the Gauntlet.:up:

Well anyone weilding the Guantlet is second only to The LT, but that doesn't really count since the IG isn't really part of the being. :up:

Warhammer said:
To the post far above.

Professor X will beat Flash in a foot race before Venom manhandles Superman.

Actually, all Prof X has to do is switch Flash's brain off and crawl across the finish line.

And Venom did manhandle Superman, as you can see :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"