Will the Trailer/Teaser sneak up on us

Yeah, I was on the FF boards quite a bit when they were putting together that movie. The anticipation for pics was just as high for that movie as it is for Hulk now. We waited and waited, and that browless freak was what we finally got. :csad:

lol; browless. I always thought that was a sillier debate, but then again, I suppose if they would have given someone like Spidey circle eyes on his costume I'd be upset too.

I hope a Hulk teaser doesnt sneak up on me. :bh:

First off, I didn't attack anyone in my original post. I simply shared a link that I thought showed how TIH was not considered as a highly anticipated film and then went on to share my personal frustrations about why I think that is. I'm not the first poster to express my dissatisfaction with various things having to do with the film and I won't be the last. But overall, I'm very positive about the film from what we've seen and heard thus far.

And the reason I mentioned how many of these "Top 10" lists are actually marketing ploys was to state exactly why the list was an example of TIH's poor marketing up to this point. That's why I capatilized 'marketing.' So, sorry....you didn't get me there.

And I agree with you guys about people developing "keyboard muscles" on these forums. But I think in these past few posts, you guys may have shown some of the biggest keyboard muscles we've seen around here.

Well, attacking one's credibility - or in this case, the credibility of the Yahoo list that you affectionately cite as a basis for your disappointment - is the name of the game. You posted a link to a completely bogus list as justification for WHAT YOU PERCEIVE IS "POOR MARKETING" and a few of us took exception to it. If you can't take the heat, then get out, but I'll be damned if I just sit here and let you carry on with your "poor marketing" b.s. Unless you work for Marvel, then you have no freaking clue what they're doing. You're just whining like anyone else. So again, go back to my three points and address them for once. You have NO keyboard muscle until you do.

Well, attacking one's credibility - or in this case, the credibility of the Yahoo list that you affectionately cite as a basis for your disappointment - is the name of the game. You posted a link to a completely bogus list as justification for WHAT YOU PERCEIVE IS "POOR MARKETING" and a few of us took exception to it. If you can't take the heat, then get out, but I'll be damned if I just sit here and let you carry on with your "poor marketing" b.s. Unless you work for Marvel, then you have no freaking clue what they're doing. You're just whining like anyone else. So again, go back to my three points and address them for once. You have NO keyboard muscle until you do.

Temper, temper. :hehe:

I really lost interest in Hulk but Im hoping it will change my mind once I see their official trailer especially I like the cast.

I'm betting the trailer might show with Cloverfield.

The next two fridays are gonna own, Psych season premiere this friday, with Cloverfield the next :D

Buddy its beyong a a joke now.

Dont you agree?

This is completely nutts! Yet another day with nothing. Ya know, when I think about how much Avi lied to us after 2003 saying all the time "We are happy with Angs Hulk, Blah, Blah, Blah" and now, all this BS waiting. It makes me think somone has their head up the poop chute :cmad:

I just got my weekly Marvel news letter, and the headline item was the release of those first two pics from the movie.
As usual it had a survey at the bottom that asked respondents how excited they were to see the pictures. It had 3 options and the last one was something along the lines of "Great, but I want MORE!"...with "more" shown exactly as I did. This is giving me a sneaking suspiscion that this is just a tease for something coming VERY soon. I may be wrong on this, but I am going to hold firm that something big is coming in the next week and a half...like around the time Cloverfield is released. I may be reading too much into this, but I'm going to hold onto that thought until then.

I just got my weekly Marvel news letter, and the headline item was the release of those first two pics from the movie.
As usual it had a survey at the bottom that asked respondents how excited they were to see the pictures. It had 3 options and the last one was something along the lines of "Great, but I want MORE!"...with "more" shown exactly as I did. This is giving me a sneaking suspiscion that this is just a tease for something coming VERY soon. I may be wrong on this, but I am going to hold firm that something big is coming in the next week and a half...like around the time Cloverfield is released. I may be reading too much into this, but I'm going to hold onto that thought until then.

Well you hold on for all of us k. I hope you're right though

I am writing to reassure you that TIH will be a top notch production. As I speak with fellow contributors who actually worked on the production, I urge you to read the following excerpt from my conversation yesterday:

EB: What can you tell us about your experience on the set?

JT: I was a Trainee Assistant Editor on the movie in Toronto.
I have been doing this stuff for a couple of years, and have working with a lot of different people. But, this editorial crew was the most generous and experienced people I have ever worked with. I wish I was still on the show.

EB: Have you seen the CG Hulk?

JT: Let me tell you one of my first memories from childhood was watching Lou "HULK OUT" on the original series in about 1977 in England. I had the luxury of working on the Toronto shoot for The Incredible Hulk. A wonderful experience working with a spectacular crew, assisting in the making of what in my opinion will be a spectacular film. I can hardly wait for Friday the 13th!!

EB: What your opinion on what he looks like compared to the 2003 version?

DS: When we first started, I did not get to see what The Hulk looked like in his digitized entirety because we were in our prelim stages, but from the photos and the concept art work on set, he is far superior in keeping to his original comic book image. Much better than the 2003 version. You won't be disappointed.

EB: Thanks! Here's hoping TIH smashes his way into box office records on June 13, 2008!

^EB...
Like your message tag regarding the transformation. Reminded me of a description I love from one of three Hulk paperback novels published by Pocket Books in the late 70's to cash in on the popularity of the TV show. This 'Hulk-Out' interpretation comes from the 1979 novel "Cry of The Beast" by Richard S. Meyers. It maintained the adult drama and mannerisms of the TV Hulk while keeping the proportions and powers of the comic book Hulk. (Like a certain motion picture due out in five months.) :)

I always thought this condensed preface passage crystallized Banner's metamorphosis perfectly:

"Then his body exploded...

The buttons on his shirt blew off as if shot from a gun. The shirt itself shattered into streamers of cloth, small bits leaping up into the air. His shoes tore off his feet as if dynamited and his double-knit slacks rended like a peel ripped from a banana, its waistband just managing to stay intact.

Dark silver-green eyes stared up from a coarse face deeply etched with lines of rage. The hair was a matted mop that looked like it was ripped out against its will from inside the huge skull. The arms, the legs, the torso, all of this new creature was almost five times the size of the young man who had rushed to a victim's aid. And all of the huge muscles, each strand of hair, and every inch of skin was a dark and deep green.

They were evil. They had hurt him. They would have to pay!":bh:

I am writing to reassure you that TIH will be a top notch production. As I speak with fellow contributors who actually worked on the production, I urge you to read the following excerpt from my conversation yesterday:

EB: What can you tell us about your experience on the set?

JT: I was a Trainee Assistant Editor on the movie in Toronto.
I have been doing this stuff for a couple of years, and have working with a lot of different people. But, this editorial crew was the most generous and experienced people I have ever worked with. I wish I was still on the show.

EB: Have you seen the CG Hulk?

JT: Let me tell you one of my first memories from childhood was watching Lou "HULK OUT" on the original series in about 1977 in England. I had the luxury of working on the Toronto shoot for The Incredible Hulk. A wonderful experience working with a spectacular crew, assisting in the making of what in my opinion will be a spectacular film. I can hardly wait for Friday the 13th!!

EB: What your opinion on what he looks like compared to the 2003 version?

DS: When we first started, I did not get to see what The Hulk looked like in his digitized entirety because we were in our prelim stages, but from the photos and the concept art work on set, he is far superior in keeping to his original comic book image. Much better than the 2003 version. You won't be disappointed.

EB: Thanks! Here's hoping TIH smashes his way into box office records on June 13, 2008!

Thanks for the info EB but at the end of the day this is just some guys opinion and it may be an opinion we all completely disagree with.

Nah, I'll hold on for me..I think everyone else can make a decision to be either hopeful or negative for themselves.
Bottom line, it may take longer than some want, but marketing materials WILL be forthcoming, guess what...evnentually the movie will come out too..no matter what.

It's gonna be like with POTC: AWE...

"Next movie!"

....nope

"SUPERBOWL!"

...nope

"SPECIAL EDITION OF THE PREVIOUS ONE!!!!"
...nope

It's gonna either hit with Iron man or it'll hit in April. Earliest we'll see it is March.

It's gonna be like with POTC: AWE...

"Next movie!"

....nope

"SUPERBOWL!"

...nope

"SPECIAL EDITION OF THE PREVIOUS ONE!!!!"
...nope

It's gonna either hit with Iron man or it'll hit in April. Earliest we'll see it is March.

nah.... merchandise with imagery is now coming out

I am willing to bet something big drops with Cloverfield. Makes sense to target that audience for the surprise drop...but I bet we get word like say Wednesday or Thursday of next week that it is about to debue..

some one will leek it.

This teaser should have been out a long time ago now! Hulk needs PR like no other movie has ever needed it! If Universal thinks that things are looking bright for the big green fella, than they should get their heads out of their asses!... This movie needs a cool teaser, like RIGHT NOW!!! It's one of the first blockbusters to come out this year, so they are reaaaaally late in the advertising-department!

This is sorta like the reverse of Cloverfield. Instead of getting a trailer and saying what does the monster look like we get no trailer and wonder if we’ll get one. Hang in there true believer we’ll get one before June 13..............................I think. :oldrazz: :woot:

This thread has grown tiresome.
First, let me say Obi, this has nothing to do with you personally. I just used your quote to address an on going trend here on the boards.
What also has grown tiresome is the fact that everyone knows how much work goes into the CGI portion of the movie. Like I stated before in a previous post, Iron Man is still working out the kinks for the CGI from their movie. Just because they put out a trailer doesnt mean squat. Creating CGI for a machine is far less complicated than a creature and it's two creatures were talking about here. This whining about a teaser makes the thread non-productive and downright annoying. As you may already notice, the merchandise is started to surface, but it is not satisfying because it is art and not the movie Hulk per se. Should they put out an unfinished CGI Hulk so that they open up the doors to your criticism? Or should they just cut back the schedule to appease the SHH fan boys? I can see it now, a rush trailer comes out and bam! "AHH man, this sucks!"
I don't think all writing actually knows what goes into this and if you wanna sit there and tell me you do, you are either don't know what you are talking about or just plain ignorant. Give it a rest. Your posts, although you are free to write whatever are now boring. I'm a not telling you what you can or cannot write, its a free world. Holy ****! Lets give them a chance!

Emerald, I am not complaining, I did not make this thread to complain. ALl I am doing is speculating, and for the most part until a movie comes out all we have is speculation....mixed with anticipation. It is what drives us to post in here.

Now if nothing comes out with Cloverfield am I gonna put or freak out or lash out...

nope..not me I aint that type of guy ask Cracker...ask Sava... I have been a regular on here for quite some time, I love the Hulk, and patiently wait for a trailer

but the thought that I shared with you all was just that a spur of the moment thought... that the add campaign for Colverfield sparked interest..that the unanounced surprise trailer drop worked, partialy because it was paired with a movie about giants...giant robot I know but the scale is there

So on that same note... we have the Hulk with a director with a clear flair for....thinking differently about alot of things...and thats a good thing. So maybe he has told everyone to be tight lipped about the trailer..maybe he doesn't want it to be on 5 different TV channels in one day like Iron Man with heavy anticipation. Maybe he wants it to be a surprise

maybe again/.... just speculation not trying to get anyones hopes up...if it so happen we get an awsome trailer in March or April fine...I ant gonna flip and start bad mouthing this movie just because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"