Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I think what Warner is doing is smart, After the success of The Dark Knight trilogy, they reintroduced Superman back, now rather than do a reboot of Batman, right away we just into a World's Finest team-up story. I think afterwards instead of Flash it should've been a Wonder Woman, followed by a trinity movie with (Bats, Sups and Wondy) then do a Justice League. But perhaps if they can get Flash right and appealing to the audience it could generate enough support to do other characters like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow etc...

I agree with this....there is no need to redo Batman's origin...look at how many people complained about Amazing Spider-man retreading the same material that Spiderman covered.

I agree with this....there is no need to redo Batman's origin...look at how many people complained about Amazing Spider-man retreading the same material that Spiderman covered.

Exactly. Plus this is the smartest money making strategy Warner Bros. has going for them to go up against Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, and Star Wars : Episode VII in Summer 2015. Batman is a cash cow entity to the public at large he is recognized as being in the top ranks of the Superhero community, he got over a billion dollar movie franchise, highest comic sales, Top ranks in the videogame industry thanks to the Arkhamverse which is now getting an animated film series as well. He's been multiple animated series over the years. and then you add him with Superman who just gotten back in the public eye in a good way. Recipe for huge Success

Last edited:
has flash and jl been confirmed? and hasn't some wb producer let it known that they want a wondy film for 2016?

Yep, the last thing we need is another Batman origin story. Bruce Wayne's parents were killed and he's Batman we know! lol

C'mon... You aren't thinking about Henry's age a little? Don't you want him to be in prime breeding condition for as long as possible?
:lmao: You talk about him as if he isn't Kryptonian raised by humans.:o

Glad I could tickle your funny bone.

Earlier today something suddenly hit me: If we had a Wonder Woman trilogy (that runs ties in with the JL movies, natch), at what point would Donna and/or Cassie come into the picture?

Peter Jackson to direct? He could do it if the film comes out 2016/17, bc The Hobbit is finished and out by then.

Earlier today something suddenly hit me: If we had a Wonder Woman trilogy (that runs ties in with the JL movies, natch), at what point would Donna and/or Cassie come into the picture?

They probably wouldn't. WW having sidekicks seems to be a no no in DC for the past few years and I doubt any of the writers would feel the need to adapt either to the big screen.

I'd put Donna in the second film. They've only had one character, Batman, who even had a sidekick to include, and he showed up, albeit, in a heavily altered form, in the third film. In a more dramatic and stylized take I could see something similar happening in a second film for a hero, assuming they were actually a part of the story and not just a tagalong silver age homage.

ЯɘvlveR;26416783 said:
has flash and jl been confirmed? and hasn't some wb producer let it known that they want a wondy film for 2016?

There were rumors to that effect flying around before the DC panel at Comicon, but neither was announced, so we don't know whether there's any truth to them or not. But if they really wanted a WW movie for 2016, assuming they have no script in hand, they'd need to be starting right now to make the deadline.

it isn't a bad movie from what i hear from a script,performance,narrative structure are all well done and it is a technically profound shot movie but the movie is very violent and extremely malicious ,very unapologetic and mean spirited

Only God Forgives was pretty awful. I'm all for making the audience think and making them come to their own conclusions, but not to the point where the audience has to basically make up their own story.

I like Refn but I think he's the wrong director for a Wonder Woman movie. Bigelow would be my choice but I'm not sure if she would want to handle such a film plus she has turned down the opportunity to do many blockbuster, I think of she were to do it, she'd bring in Mark Boal who wrote The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty to write or rewrite the script.

Baz Luhrmann has been suggested for The Flash but I think he'd be another good choice for Wonder Woman, I know he's not done an action film but I think he could deliver.

Last edited:
Last edited:
but maybe not for WW every refn film is really dark and violent

he makes nolan and snyder look like woody allen

Well, so much for Nicholas Refn as a possible director of a WW movie. His latest just got trashed as "one of the five worst movies ever made." I'd be surprised if WB/DC would touch him with a ten-foot pole after reviews like this one--

http://observer.com/2013/07/unforgivable-only-god-forgives-is-one-of-the-worst-movies-ever-made/
I loved the movie. I saw it last night. Refn is too risky. Too violent. Too sexually explicit. Too artistic to do a superhero movie that's monitored by the studio. His films like OGF don't make much money. They get mixed reviews because he's an experimental filmmaker. It's trashed because people in North America aren't used to these kind of movies. They think Drive was weird, but that doesn't even scratch the surface.

Only God Forgives was pretty awful. I'm all for making the audience think and making them come to their own conclusions, but not to the point where the audience has to basically make up their own story.
It's awful if it's not your cup of tea. If you're looking for something accessible or mainly about a story. Refn is a visual filmmaker. He's a lot like David Lynch. The story gets tossed out a lot of times because he's exercising his visual fetishes. For me it's a visual masterpiece. I love films like that. But Refn isn't the guy for WW even if I would freak out over the announcement. It's just not going to happen.

People were also expecting Drive because of Gosling, but it has a lot more in common with his Valhalla Rising.

Is Refn on peoples list because of RISING? I own DRIVE on BLU RAY and really like it (I'm not crazy about it or Gosling the way some are). At no point watching it did I get the sense "This is the guy for WW." I have not seen RISING so maybe I don't have the right point of reference.

I loved the movie. I saw it last night. Refn is too risky. Too violent. Too sexually explicit. Too artistic to do a superhero movie that's monitored by the studio. His films like OGF don't make much money. They get mixed reviews because he's an experimental filmmaker. It's trashed because people in North America aren't used to these kind of movies. They think Drive was weird, but that doesn't even scratch the surface.

It's awful if it's not your cup of tea. If you're looking for something accessible or mainly about a story. Refn is a visual filmmaker. He's a lot like David Lynch. The story gets tossed out a lot of times because he's exercising his visual fetishes. For me it's a visual masterpiece. I love films like that. But Refn isn't the guy for WW even if I would freak out over the announcement. It's just not going to happen.

People were also expecting Drive because of Gosling, but it has a lot more in common with his Valhalla Rising.

I wouldnt call it a visual masterpiece, but it was visually appealing, for sure.

Is Refn on peoples list because of RISING? I own DRIVE on BLU RAY and really like it (I'm not crazy about it or Gosling the way some are). At no point watching it did I get the sense "This is the guy for WW." I have not seen RISING so maybe I don't have the right point of reference.

He's on the list because he's expressed interest in making a WW film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"