Wonder Woman Thread Reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suit reminds me of those bad shiny "sexy" costume versions of everything that are always advertised around Halloween.
That's exactly what it looks like. I almost did a double take.

My quick manip.
Adrianne-Palicki-Wonder-Woman_338.jpg

That looks a lot better than the real thing...nice work.

Design isn't the worst. Just a very boring plain first picture and it looks a bit like a Halloween costume in it. Hopefully it looks better on the screen. I would have preferred darker pants like some of you have suggested.

Yeah that manip looks great. They should definitely give her the red boots, and darker pants. It'd look tons better, IMO. Still, I don't think it looks that bad.

JAK®;19887103 said:
That's exactly what it looks like. I almost did a double take.

It's the reason I laughed.

Reaction from this on both Twitter and Facebook isn't great.

they should have gone with a darker version of the character, definetly.

the previous manip is an improvement, but I would have gone even darker:

My 4-year old saw the picture and immediately said, "why is Wonder Woman so shiny?" But the good news is that he immediately recognized her and, as a general rule, superhero costumes tend not to look as good in official publicity shots as they end up looking on film. A lot of people weren't real happy about the first pictures of Chris Hemsworth as Thor, but he ended up looking pretty good in the trailers.

I'm still much more worried about the writing in the script. Tweaking (or even replacing) the costume will be trivial, and maybe inevitable. But it will be very hard, if not impossible, for the series to recover if the script is as flawed as the reviews have said. So don't sweat this so much. They can alter the costume relatively quickly without much hoopla if it ends up not looking so good on the screen. The show's premise, characterizations, etc...not so much.

Isn't that what fanboys hated about Supes costume in Returns?

I think this will look better outside of artificial white backdrops and photoshopping to death.

But I guess the problem is the same. There already is such fan animosity towards this project, even if it were about as comics-accurate as Lynda Carter, there´d be anger towards it.

This suit looks TERRIBLE...

I've seen better looking Wonder Woman's at Halloween and at comic conventions. And that is not a joke.

Palicki's face looks wrong...

She is wearing cheap plastic for some reason...

The colours and too bright and just makes it look ridiculous.

Mercy me... Poor Wonder Woman :doh:

JAK®;19887069 said:
Her physique isn't ideal but no, the costume is definitely the worst part about it...

At least design-wise, it´s a lot closer to the comics than a lot of movie/TV costumes out there, it may not look so shiny and plastic in the actual show, with proper lighting and cinematography. The first look at the BB´s Batman costume against a white background looked pretty different to how it looked in the movie.

WW shouldn´t look "butch", but she´s an amazon, she should look like she can kick some ass.

Ugh. Lois Smallville costume was leagues better. As for the pants in general I dont mind pants on :ww: I just dont think this looks good. Looks more like a Halloween costume.

Lois-Lane-as-Wonder-Woman-in-Smallville.jpg

I have to disagree. That one was trash.

Stargirl_Smallville-1.jpg

Now a costume that looked belivable was Stargirl's (except for the mask).

That's far more stylish! Why didn't they go with something like that? The actual one looks horrible. It's like they want it to fail.

And the chance of a Wonder Woman movie within the next decade just flushed right down the drain.

Wow :lmao:.

this is better. Just needs a better tiara. Now I really want to know what the budget is for this project.

WW shouldn´t look "butch", but she´s an amazon, she should look like she can kick some ass.

And she doesn't. The costume can be fixed on short order. Her physique can't. They screwed up the casting big time.

That is a vast improvement. Still not great, but 100 times better.

I'm actually pretty happy with the costume although I'd make a few changes like darker colors, red boots and ditch the tramp lipstick. I guess I'm just happy because I instantly know its WW when I see it and to be honest thats a big surprise considering all the leaked details about this pilot.

Looking forward to seeing it in action.

I'll tell you who the big winners are out of this, the Halloween costume makers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"