Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Francis Lawrence as a possible director for the Wonder Woman or Flash film?

Seems like he is definitely improving as a big movie director after Hunger Games 2 and he has worked with WB's before in Constantine and I Am Legend.

What about Francis Lawrence as a possible director for the Wonder Woman or Flash film?

Seems like he is definitely improving as a big movie director after Hunger Games 2 and he has worked with WB's before in Constantine and I Am Legend.

I could dig it. Constantine and Catching Fire were great.

I Am Legend was ok, but that's mostly because of WB interfering with the ending.

If Catching Fire is as big a hit as everybody thinks it's going to be you better believe that WB is going to want to work with him again. CF already has reviews on it's side, it's far and away his best reviewed film. I can't wait to see it.

Last edited:
ЯɘvlveR;27259351 said:
which would make things interesting with j law.

I like Jennifer Lawrence, but watching Catching Fire last night I just couldn't see her ever playing Diana. Her voice and look just don't suit the character.

I like Jennifer Lawrence, but watching Catching Fire last night I just couldn't see her ever playing Diana. Her voice and look just don't suit the character.

Yes, that's what we were all saying back in 2013. Now here it is 2016 and we're gearing up for a JL movie with Lawrence in the role.

If Catching Fire is as big a hit as everybody thinks it's going to be you better believe that WB is going to want to work with him again. CF already has reviews on it's side, it's far and away his best reviewed film. I can't wait to see it.
Yes. I really enjoyed Constantine actually, and I Am Legend wasn't bad at all IMO. Catching Fire is going to be a hit and yes it is already Lawrence best reviewed film. Since he has worked with a strong female action lead in CF and he has big time tent pole and action/ CGI/SVX experience, I hope WB's looks at him as a possible Wonder Woman solo film director.

Last edited:
As I was watching MOS and all the Blu Ray extras on it, I am starting to think that Snyder and his team are going to have a larger role in the production of WW than we all may think.

Yes. I really enjoyed Constantine actually, and I Am Legend wasn't bad at all IMO. Catching Fire is going to be a hit and yes it is already Lawrence best reviewed film. Since he has worked with a strong female action lead in CF and he has big time tent pole and action and effects experience, I hope WB's looks at him as a possible Wonder Woman solo film director.

Their more likely to give him Justice League than WW. JL is there Avengers. They'd love to put "from the director Catching Fire" in from of JL. Let Snyder stay on Superman.

As I was watching MOS and all the Blu Ray extras on it, I am starting to think that Snyder and his team are going to have a larger role in the production of WW than we all may think.

MOS Blu-Ray is on my Christmas list, why do u say that?

MOS Blu-Ray is on my Christmas list, why do u say that?

Oh, no concrete reasoning per se, more of an appreciation to how much thought and skill and time went into MOS. It's so textured as a CBM both in visuals and in the narrative. I think WW needs that even more than Superman does, to be frank. I think after seeing him bring 300 to the big screen he'd be great as an aide to any director for WW as a hands on Producer/Executive producer and I don't think WB would mind him in that role. He knows how to get the right people to do these kinds of films.

I agree completely! Imagine Gym Jones training all the actresses as the Amazons, like the all female 300.

Their more likely to give him Justice League than WW. JL is there Avengers. They'd love to put "from the director Catching Fire" in from of JL. Let Snyder stay on Superman.

Yeah, I would like to see Francis Lawrence direct a WW or Justice League movie.

Or Alfonso Cuaron directing a Justice League movie would be a dream.

Then hire Neil Bloomkamp or Rian Johnson for The Flash or Rian Johnson on a Nightwing movie.

I agree completely! Imagine Gym Jones training all the actresses as the Amazons, like the all female 300.

This is why I'd be ecstatic if Snyder is on board as a producer for a WW film; it'd be more likely that we'd get amazing looking Amazons courtesy of Gym Jones.

I just came back from watching it. It's a great sequel but that is not how Wonder Woman acts. She's far more level headed and courageous than that.

Well, that is why they call it acting. You could just be blunt and say you don't want her for the role as opposed to all the skirting.

Well, that is why they call it acting. You could just be blunt and say you don't want her for the role as opposed to all the skirting.

tumblr_inline_mk336us10d1qz4rgp.gif

precisely.

Lawrence's potential for WW actually comes from SLPB imo.

I just came back from watching it. It's a great sequel but that is not how Wonder Woman acts. She's far more level headed and courageous than that.
Well Wonder Woman and Katniss are two completely different characters. You do know that Lawrence is an actress who is nothing like Katniss, right? Man, she is so good that she fooled you, that's a real credit to her talent as an actress.

I don't even want her for the role but I had to respond to this ridiculous post.

And I know it's the cool hipster nerd thing to say awards and box office don't matter, but the girl does have an Oscar so...just saying.

ben and jen have oscars to their name, "who cares! they're overrated!" HAHAHAHAHA MAN OF STEEL HAS *fart noises* ON ROTTEN TOMATOES HAHAHAHA!"

Hypocrisy is cheap so it's convenient, unfortunately.

She still doesn't resemble her enough to wear the costume.

BTW: I didn't bring her up for a casting suggestion. But I had to respond to it too.

And I know it's the cool hipster nerd thing to say awards and box office don't matter, but the girl does have an Oscar so...just saying.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with going with the flow. It's all part of the hype.

If we do have Francis Lawrence as the director, should the story be more like that of Spartacus, where Diana is fighting to free her fellow Amazons from slavery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"