Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. With jlaw it gets made asap. With blunt you get interest from legit directors and the pitch is more likely to get a green light. Blunt brings seriousness (for lack of a better term), a sense that wb is applying the same standards to ww as they did to batman. She also helps with the general audience especially those who aren't particularly interested in cbms.

And not for nothing but she's also an excellent actress with range and presence and an extensive resume. She's a much smaller risk than some young b-lister with big eyes and big ****. More specifically shes proven that she can pull of the regal bearing while still being sympathetic. A rare quality.

just saw catching fire. thought it was better then the first. lawrence is the definitely the one this project needs. we'll see.

ЯɘvlveR;27270041 said:
just saw catching fire. thought it was better then the first. lawrence is the definitely the one this project needs. we'll see.
Lawrence can certainly handle it, both from an acting and physicality standpoint. I don't think there's much doubt about that at this point. She just isn't what some of us imagined for the character from an aesthetic standpoint, but I for one would be willing to overlook that if it finally got this character the movie she deserved.

Lawrence can certainly handle it, both from an acting and physicality standpoint. I don't think there's much doubt about that at this point. She just isn't what some of us imagined for the character from an aesthetic standpoint, but I for one would be willing to overlook that if it finally got this character the movie she deserved.

she's young enough though. she's 23. she definitely looked older this time around as you would imagine. i figure, if she's put on any sort of weight training program to tighten her up a bit she'll lose some of that baby fat on her face. couple that with her getting older, she'll look the part. she's got the bone structure for it.

Yeah at age 23 she has this huge window to play the character for 15 years. Its possible of course that she has no interest in being tied down to another franchise/character for the next decade when she basically gets first crack at every script in Hollywood. And wb may not want someone who will demand a significant piece of the action - in the front and back end.

My personal guess is that it probably wont happen given the timing and the studio.

And if they are casting ww for a cameo in supes v bats, that rules out blunt probably. Unless they recast her for jl or a solo movie? Hmmm...

Last edited:
it would rule out blunt, she'll be very pregnant by then. of course, if all she has is a cameo, they can just show her from the back. she'd have to have a solo on the way since it wouldn't make sense when all we've heard so far are rumors of flash in 2016.

Right. With jlaw it gets made asap. With blunt you get interest from legit directors and the pitch is more likely to get a green light. Blunt brings seriousness (for lack of a better term), a sense that wb is applying the same standards to ww as they did to batman. She also helps with the general audience especially those who aren't particularly interested in cbms.

And not for nothing but she's also an excellent actress with range and presence and an extensive resume. She's a much smaller risk than some young b-lister with big eyes and big ****. More specifically shes proven that she can pull of the regal bearing while still being sympathetic. A rare quality.

Emily Blunt looks the part. I think she'd be great. Let's see how she is as the world's best soldier or warrior in Edge of Tomorrow. Supposedly, she plays a sympathetic yet tough character who kicks ass.

Emily Blunt looks the part. I think she'd be great. Let's see how she is as the world's best soldier or warrior in Edge of Tomorrow. Supposedly, she plays a sympathetic yet tough character who kicks ass.
I like Blunt and think she'd do a good job in the WW role. I don't even need to see that film.

This is one of my favorite promotional images of Jennifer Lawrence. It has such a great feel and tone that would translate effortlessly into a perfect Wonder Woman poster. Can anyone manip it?

4pld.jpg

We all know whoever they choose is gonna be someone we never expected and half of the people are gonna hate it, but when they start seeing images and setpieces will eventually get over it.

ЯɘvlveR;27270201 said:
she's young enough though. she's 23. she definitely looked older this time around as you would imagine. i figure, if she's put on any sort of weight training program to tighten her up a bit she'll lose some of that baby fat on her face. couple that with her getting older, she'll look the part. she's got the bone structure for it.
I don't necessarily disagree with anything you're saying. In fact, I think I agree with all of it. I'm just saying her look is completely different from what I envision as Wonder Woman. BUT I don't doubt that she would be great in the role and I would therefore be more than happy to overlook my own preconceived notions of what the character should look like if it meant Lawrence could spearhead a blockbuster film that was given the same attention and care from WB that they give to, say, Batman.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you're saying. In fact, I think I agree with all of it. I'm just saying her look is completely different from what I envision as Wonder Woman. BUT I don't doubt that she would be great in the role and I would therefore be more than happy to overlook my own preconceived notions of what the character should look like if it meant Lawrence could spearhead a blockbuster film that was given the same attention and care from WB that they give to, say, Batman.

J Law should be at the top of WB's list as WW. If not than I still think Gemma should be considered along with Jaimie Alexander. After seeing that Tonight Show segment with Jaimie and by the way she has been dressing lately, and also by what she told that guy off air at Comikaze.......saying what she told him after was more interesting than what she told him during, than something seems up that Jaimie may already have the role in the bag? Weird stuff.

Oh I think it's possible that WB/Snyder have their own list and that Jaime is on it. Could just be she has an ambitious agent

If WB want a WW actress that could bring something more to the table than just popularity, something that will be part of popular culture for decades after (similar to what Reeve did), then they cast Blunt.
If WB want to make WW into something that will be extremely popular right now but maybe will not last as long, then Lawrence will get the role.
She has talents, but one cannot deny there's a "flavor of the month" element to her.

With blunt you get interest from legit directors and the pitch is more likely to get a green light.
What if there isn't any pitch that WB approve. Would they change their mind and re-consider a rejected pitch then, just for the sake of getting Blunt?

Blunt brings seriousness (for lack of a better term), a sense that wb is applying the same standards to ww as they did to batman. She also helps with the general audience especially those who aren't particularly interested in cbms.

She's the one that will work best next to the two actors that already are cast. Lawrence will appear to be Bruce Wayne's daughter, sorry to say..

Until studios increase the frequency of big budget films lead by a female and/or minority actress, WW probably won't be made from the get-go. Probably more likely her film will be a spin-off.

I could see Jennifer Lawrence pulling off Wonder Woman, but I think people tend to forget about her contract with FOX. Isn't she signed for multiple X-Men films?

Probably. I don't think the chances of her getting cast are very high.

I think people are just dreaming because they like her as an actress, which is fine. She has X-Men and I just don't see her being interested unless the script was amazing and David O. Russell was doing it...I'm joking about the David O. Russell thing.

Yeah i already said its probably not happening. JLaw or Blunt.

Shame that the current crop is so thin. 10-20 years ago wb would have had a TON of options. Now its JLaw, Blunt and a whole lot of meh.

Maybe its best that she exist strictly as part of an ensemble a la Hulk or Black Widow. They can hire a competent hottie with the right look for SvB and JL and when a JLaw level star emerges they can just recast.

Im a HUGE David Russell fan. His WW movie would be bat**** crazy but Id still be there opening night. Make the call Ms. Lawrence!

Right. With jlaw it gets made asap. With blunt you get interest from legit directors and the pitch is more likely to get a green light.
Jennifer Lawrence, if she wanted to play this part (which I tend to doubt), would attract "legitimate directors" quite easily, as she is probably the biggest female star in Hollywood at the moment and also a critical favourite.
She also helps with the general audience especially those who aren't particularly interested in cbms.
Did I miss when Emily Blunt became a box office draw? Because I'm pretty sure that never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"