Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is there still is no Wonder Woman production from the company that does own the rights. That's nothing new.

I think more fans should make their own fan films because it help further refine the official film. Rainfall's short doesn't have a story or any speaking roles. If fans made a film where Diana does have a foreign accent it would further resolve the superficial details we've argued here for years.

Fans films aren't going to influence WB's mind. They know they need to make this movie based on the new CEO's words. I don't understand the impatience over this. Yes she should have had a movie a long time ago but I don't want them to rush something out that will flop...like Green Lantern. If they want to take their time to get it right I say go on then.

ЯɘvlveR;26802957 said:
even if she had difficulty gaining weight, she wouldn't have to gain that much since she's already somewhat imposing. she should look fit.

1075296_545979025437867_320372508_n.jpg

she's got a similar dimensions as former professional volleyball player gabriele reece, i think getting to that level physically would be ideal for her.
7f8zoy8cgoknf7zo.jpg

I would be happy to meet her :) :woot::woot::woot:

again it muddles the story...so a pilot crash lands on the Amazon island and knows where the thingie is that they are looking for.
Making Steve a pilot you limit his use in the story. He's a pilot why is he still in the story once he gets back?
By having him be part of the US team investigating the crazy phenomenon he know has a reason to be in the story other than he likes WW.

When did I ever say Steve was a pilot???

The plot I mention could just as easily work with Steve being a Field Agent posted outside the States being airlifted back to headline the investigation into the chaos and lead the counter attack initiative.

That plane could be the one getting crashed.

The upside of him giving the Amazons info is that now he is a valuable asset to them who helped them and thus they decide to help him get back and not just leave him at the next inhabited island!

Fans films aren't going to influence WB's mind.

It's not for their benefit. It's for ours since we spend so much time discussing her portrayal on film. If fans are willing to experiment on ideas of costume and behavior we'd have something more substantial to base it on.

Stan Lee's Just Imagine Wonder Woman would make a great film although it's not the traditional Wonder Woman. If somebody make a short of that it would shake things up.

G'day.

I like Themyscira being a safehouse for mythological artifacts and the Amazons being their guardians . But theres no need to remove the Steve Trevor as downed pilot plot line. In fact it makes the story dramatically stronger.

How was the artifact stolen? Outsiders have no idea of the mysterious island.

Heres my take:

Its because the villain has some device that temporarily removed the islands veil. That would lead to planes being sent over to investigate. The Amazons are in a panic as their island has been revealed and the artifact stolen. They think the planes are part of an attack. They take defensive action and bring down the planes (whether is shoot by magic rays, stones from giants birds etc doesn't matter) . Steve is caught by Diana and taken to the Amazons. The lasso of truth finds him innocent but the gals are in an uproar. According to their law no man can enter the island and live. Despite Hippolyta wishes, poor Steve is a goner in the morning. Diana objects saying this would be a betrayal of the Amazon code but there is nothing she can do at that stage, the other Amazons are just too shocked and angry to listen to reason.

That evening, Diana decides to help Steve escape and organises a break out. She succeeds but runs into her mother. Instead of stopping her, the Queen gives her the tiara and lasso and a special little gadget. telling her "take these they are your birth right and gifts from our gods" ." Take the outsider to safety and found who stole the (whatever) " Let me bring order and reason to the Amazons we can then help you"

Diana (wearing her warrior princess outfit which looks a lot like Rainfall's costume) take Steve to an open field. She take the little gadget out, presses the button and the invisible plane appears. Only its not an invisible plane its an alien shuttlecraft with stealth technology. It also clearly has alien insignias on it that tie it directly into the DC universe, maybe Kryptonian or Green lantern or some such. When Steve asks about it her simple reply could be "thats a long story that occurred a long time ago" or simply "spoils or war"

the board the shuttlecraft set off for America and so it begins...

Now "bullets and braces" are gone. I really like that part of the legend so I was sad to let it go. But the test its still really there. This is really a story about virtue. By helping Steve escapes she passes a moral test., she saves the life of an innocent man. In fact the whole movie would be a series of tests. At the end the Gods would reveal themselves. They would have been ordinary people who she has saved by as much her acts of compassion and love as well as courage and martial strength.

Ralph

I think the problem with the pitches I have head about so far people are pitching their takes on the character...she should be this or she should be that instead of pitching Wonder Woman.
She's not Ally McBeal or Angelina Jolie. She is her own character.

My pitch is this: Themyscira is home to the amazons and the final resting place of Pandora's Box (or some other mythological macguffin). The amazon's job is to guard it but it is stolen and brought to man's world. The Amazon's are tasked with retrieving it and have tryouts to see who will be the champion to go bring back the thingamabob. Diana sneaks in and wins and against her mother's wishes she becomes the champion. They discover the watchamacallit is in America so they make her an outfit that would prove to the American's that she isn't a threat (costume problem solved). In America the cult of Hades or Ares is using the box to either create Hades on Earth or World War 4. Wonder Woman comes to America, defeats the cultists, teams up with Steve Trevor, learns about the outside world and manages to stop a mystical annihilation on Man Of Steel levels. Steve convinces her to stay in man's world.
After credit scene one of the cultists sacrifices her self to the deity WW beat and get transformed into Cheetah.

Thats how I would do it.

Last edited:
G'day.

I like Themyscira being a safehouse for mythological artifacts and the Amazons being their guardians . But theres no need to remove the Steve Trevor as downed pilot plot line. In fact it makes the story dramatically stronger.

How was the artifact stolen? Outsiders have no idea of the mysterious island.

in my idea the outsiders are led to the island by either Ares or Hades.

Heres my take:

Its because the villain has some device that temporarily removed the islands veil. That would lead to planes being sent over to investigate. The Amazons are in a panic as their island has been revealed and the artifact stolen. They think the planes are part of an attack. They take defensive action and bring down the planes (whether is shoot by magic rays, stones from giants birds etc doesn't matter) . Steve is caught by Diana and taken to the Amazons. The lasso of truth finds him innocent but the gals are in an uproar. According to their law no man can enter the island and live. Despite Hippolyta wishes, poor Steve is a goner in the morning. Diana objects saying this would be a betrayal of the Amazon code but there is nothing she can do at that stage, the other Amazons are just too shocked and angry to listen to reason.

That evening, Diana decides to help Steve escape and organises a break out. She succeeds but runs into her mother. Instead of stopping her, the Queen gives her the tiara and lasso and a special little gadget. telling her "take these they are your birth right and gifts from our gods" ." Take the outsider to safety and found who stole the (whatever) " Let me bring order and reason to the Amazons we can then help you"

Diana (wearing her warrior princess outfit which looks a lot like Rainfall's costume) take Steve to an open field. She take the little gadget out, presses the button and the invisible plane appears. Only its not an invisible plane its an alien shuttlecraft with stealth technology. It also clearly has alien insignias on it that tie it directly into the DC universe, maybe Kryptonian or Green lantern or some such. When Steve asks about it her simple reply could be "thats a long story that occurred a long time ago" or simply "spoils or war"

the board the shuttlecraft set off for America and so it begins...

Now "bullets and braces" are gone. I really like that part of the legend so I was sad to let it go. But the test its still really there. This is really a story about virtue. By helping Steve escapes she passes a moral test., she saves the life of an innocent man. In fact the whole movie would be a series of tests. At the end the Gods would reveal themselves. They would have been ordinary people who she has saved by as much her acts of compassion and love as well as courage and martial strength.

Ralph

A lot of good ideas. I think it would be a mistake to get rid of the bracelets as it's one of her most recognizable pieces of equipment. I'd lose the invisible jet before the bracelets.
Also with your take it seems the reason Diana leaves the island is to save Steve's life and I wanted to avoid a situation like that. When you are doing a macguffin chase movie the chase for the macguffin must be the driving force of the story.
In my take the item causes mythological creatures to manifest and attack. Steve is investigating in America. Diana comes to America and their paths cross. Steve now has a purpose in being part of the story other than he likes her and she likes him.

G'day,

Sorry if I wasn't clear, the bracelets absolutely stay! What I was referring too
is the "bullets & bracelets" scene from the original comics and various screen adaptations. One of the competitive test is she and a competitor are shot at and they must deflect the bullets. Remember? There was a version in the animated movie with arrows. The one who falls first loses. I always liked that scene.

In my take Diana would leave the island to both recover the item and save Steve's life. It would be clear the item is very dangerous. I like your idea of monster popping up in Metropolis. Extra drama is good. I just feel the classic story is fine and the real writers need to work with it.

A lot of good ideas. I think it would be a mistake to get rid of the bracelets as it's one of her most recognizable pieces of equipment. I'd lose the invisible jet before the bracelets.
Also with your take it seems the reason Diana leaves the island is to save Steve's life and I wanted to avoid a situation like that. When you are doing a macguffin chase movie the chase for the macguffin must be the driving force of the story.
In my take the item causes mythological creatures to manifest and attack. Steve is investigating in America. Diana comes to America and their paths cross. Steve now has a purpose in being part of the story other than he likes her and she likes him.

ЯɘvlveR;26990723 said:
it's like weight rooms and training regimes don't exist in this thread.:o
I think you could roid her and she still wouldnt come off as a credible WW. She doesnt have "it" for that role, pure and simple. There are alot of guys that can physically fill the role of Superman but only a handful that could actually "be" Superman.

This Debiniki girl just aint fitting the role, sorry.

With the recent rumor that Wonder Woman might appear or be mentioned in the Batman vs Superman movie, I was curious as to what people would like to see if she did or what they think WB might do?

I think if she did, I think it'd be something like a mention of Diana Prince on TV or maybe something like Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man.

I still think the best course of action if they go this way is having Diana already be in the world in some capacity, I'd have her as a politician, and then you can go back and do her origin in a movie later.

I think you could roid her and she still wouldnt come off as a credible WW. She doesnt have "it" for that role, pure and simple. There are alot of guys that can physically fill the role of Superman but only a handful that could actually "be" Superman.

And you know this how exactly? Are you psychic?

The only way this thing is going to get made is if somebody kickstarts the ****ing thing.

this is just your opinion. you need to go into more detail as to why you think so. otherwise why should i agree with your opinion? because you say so?

The fancasting in here gets weirder and weirder. Im sorry but Ms. Debicki will NEVER be a lead actor in a major hollywood movie. She is freakishly tall and no one is going to bother trying to compensate for the fact that she literally towers over most of the leading men in hollywood. And that wouldnt even work because the poor girl is freaking STORK.

I have absolutely no inside info or esp and yet i can predict with 100% certainty that the woman they pick for a WW tentpole feature will be under 6 feet tall. Ill give 100 to 1 odds to anyone who wants to take my action on this.

Oh and my guess is shes actually a bit taller than 6 3. Lol she wishes she was only 6 3. Anyway, try harder guys. Something in the realm of possibility would be a nice change of pace.

Last edited:
Filmmaking presents the impossible. Her height is not a problem. It's obviously the short men who are the problem.

Im sorry but Ms. Debicki will NEVER be a lead actor in a major hollywood movie.

Fact.

Haha. Like anyone can predict that with such certainty.

[edit]

Oh and my guess is shes actually a bit taller than 6 3. Lol she wishes she was only 6 3. Anyway, try harder guys. Something in the realm of possibility would be a nice change of pace.

It's been reported she's more around 5'11" or 6 feet, but I'm more inclined to believe she's about 6'1"-6'2" with no shoes on.

Last edited:
wiki has her at 5-11 to 6'2 which is hollywood speak, her height could be what you want it to be. I'd bet that she is every bit that 6'2 maybe more.

so she'll have trouble finding leading roles in hollywood, (WB doesn't seem to have a problem giving her roles) she probably won't get some of those lame ass romantic comedies blunt is in every 5 minutes, luckily, this is just the kind of role that'll suit her. she's the lady version of hemsworth.

Height is not a problem in Hollywood. It can be fixed with movie magic or do you guys believe Elijah Woods is 2 foot tall.

I highly doubt WB will cast Debicki as Wonder Woman.

If I had to make a guess at who WB would cast at this very moment, my guess would be someone like Olga Kurylenko.

If I had to make a guess at who WB would cast at this very moment, my guess would be someone like Olga Kurylenko.

I see no compelling reason as to why Olga Kurylenko could be Wonder Woman. I'm not convinced.

Height is not a problem in Hollywood. It can be fixed with movie magic or do you guys believe Elijah Woods is 2 foot tall.

You mean he's not? :argh:

Debicki may be 6'3", but there are other actors who are around the same height.

Daniel Craig is under 6', but they still cast women who were about the same height as him or possibly taller. Same with RDJ. Gwyneth Paltrow would normally stand taller than him, especially in heels. Of course, they had her standing about in her bare feet and short shorts in Avengers, which probably wasn't just for aesthetic reasons but also so that she would appear shorter.

If Debicki has an actor who is around the same height or even 6'4" then that isn't really any different to having an actress around the same height as or taller than an actor who is only about 5'10" or under. Therefore I don't really see such a problem in Debicki getting more leading roles.

You mean he's not? :argh:

Debicki may be 6'3", but there are other actors who are around the same height.

Daniel Craig is under 6', but they still cast women who were about the same height as him or possibly taller. Same with RDJ. Gwyneth Paltrow would normally stand taller than him, especially in heels. Of course, they had her standing about in her bare feet and short shorts in Avengers, which probably wasn't just for aesthetic reasons but also so that she would appear shorter.

If Debicki has an actor who is around the same height or even 6'4" then that isn't really any different to having an actress around the same height as or taller than an actor who is only about 5'10" or under. Therefore I don't really see such a problem in Debicki getting more leading roles.

Height can easily be cheated, Tom Cruise is the obvious example since he's pretty short and his leading ladies who are taller than him can be manipulated to either the same height or shorter with camera angles.

As long as Steve Trevor is of a similar height then I think Debicki would have no problems. I imagine they'll likely cast the Amazons to be a similar height or just manipulate it with CG,

The fancasting in here gets weirder and weirder. Im sorry but Ms. Debicki will NEVER be a lead actor in a major hollywood movie. She is freakishly tall and no one is going to bother trying to compensate for the fact that she literally towers over most of the leading men in hollywood. And that wouldnt even work because the poor girl is freaking STORK.

I have absolutely no inside info or esp and yet i can predict with 100% certainty that the woman they pick for a WW tentpole feature will be under 6 feet tall. Ill give 100 to 1 odds to anyone who wants to take my action on this.

She's the female lead in The Man from UNCLE.

Height can easily be cheated, Tom Cruise is the obvious example since he's pretty short and his leading ladies who are taller than him can be manipulated to either the same height or shorter with camera angles.

As long as Steve Trevor is of a similar height then I think Debicki would have no problems. I imagine they'll likely cast the Amazons to be a similar height or just manipulate it with CG,
Hugh Jackman as Wolverine is another example. He's well over six foot, but they make him look smaller by using camera tricks. They make RDJ look like he's Gwyneth Paltrow's height, when he's actually several inches shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"