Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make the Amazons and Greek pantheons aliens or being from an alternate universe that ancient earthlings worshipped as gods like Marvel did with Thor. The audience brought into that easily enough.

I don't think aping Marvel's take would be a good idea when it comes to bringing the Wonder Woman mythos onto the big screen. Would much prefer something distinct.

Just let the gods be actual gods. Not aliens, but a superior and divine race. Their powers should be almost unlimited , but only here on our planet (and in its atmosphere).

As for the rumoured plans for DC adaptions; I think JL should be put on hold for a while. After World's Finest, Flash shouldn't be the only solo film before the big team up. We need Wonder Woman. And probably a Trinity as well.

Just let the gods be actual gods. Not aliens, but a superior and divine race. Their powers should be almost unlimited , but only here on our planet (and in its atmosphere).

As for the rumoured plans for DC adaptions; I think JL should be put on hold for a while. After World's Finest, Flash shouldn't be the only solo film before the big team up. We need Wonder Woman. And probably a Trinity as well.

I don't know about a Trinity movie, but, yes, Wonder Woman should also have a solo movie before JL.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Wonder Woman movie alongside the Flash in 2016, it would tie in with the 75th anniversary of the character.

So now that World's Finest is confrimed will WW be the end credit surprise??

Hugely disappointing that yet again WB/DC have given the two fingers to the character. We will be getting Flash, Batman/Superman and JL. No announent for WW. It's a pity the rights are with them. If they were with any other studio it would have been made by now.

Yeah me too. There must be someone in Hollywood who wants to do this or at least get some of that hunger games/vampire diaries demographic before anyone else does?

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Wonder Woman movie alongside the Flash in 2016, it would tie in with the 75th anniversary of the character.

I have huge doubts about that. If WW had any traction I think they would've been happy to announce her movie as well.

Hugely disappointing that yet again WB/DC have given the two fingers to the character. We will be getting Flash, Batman/Superman and JL. No announent for WW. It's a pity the rights are with them. If they were with any other studio it would have been made by now.

You can clearly see where their heads are at. They want to compete with Avengers, with Star Wars etc. so they are using the sure bets, the male superheroes. All this good news is tempered by the lack of WW news. And the JL movie is a glimmer of hope for WW, while still not a sure thing as the success of Superman/Batman movie might hold off JL and they'll just want to concentrate on a sequel to Superman/Batman.

Diane Nelson said at SDCC that Wonder Woman was a "top 3 priority" for WB when it comes to DC IP's being brought to the big screen. I'm guessing JL and WF were the other 2. So I still have hope about this one happening sooner than later.

They have spend $190 million on the Pacific Rim flop but they won't risk $100 on a WW solo.

Diane Nelson said at SDCC that Wonder Woman was a "top 3 priority" for WB when it comes to DC IP's being brought to the big screen. I'm guessing JL and WF were the other 2. So I still have hope about this one happening sooner than later.

I think she stated Sandman was top priority.

I think she stated Sandman was top priority.

Sandman is one she'd love to see as a movie along with Aquaman and Fables not the top three priority at WB/DC, I think WW is still in contention for a movie after WF and Flash.

Do you guys remember when people were campaigning for Monica Dean as WW almost the same way people are routing for Arterton now? Hahaha.... fun times...

That's been their saying forever now. DC says the same thing. Yet nothing seems to change

Diane Nelson said that WW has been "one of the top three priorities for DC and for Warner Bros. We are still trying right now, but she's tricky." And that WW has been a priority since she started. But nothing has happened since Nelson started a few years ago. They hire writers, they change writers. Then they focus on TV etc. I think she just means WW is a top 3 priority as in Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, since they are the cornerstones of the DC Comics universe. It doesn't mean that anything will happen. There's not only the risk, but script issues, and finding a director who has his/her own vision yet doesn't clash with a version that WB and fans would be happy to see.

Do they honestly feel that GL or Flash would make more at the box office? MOS hardly light the box office alight.

Wb has more faith in just about any film that doesnt have a female lead as the main character

Pretty much. WW dtv doesn't sell instant big numbers like supes/bats and they ban all future female dtvs or female names in the title.

I really wished they had announced both Flash and WW for 2016. We need to get Gemma on board asap, she's not getting any younger. She's already 27 I believe.

Yep. $650+ million projected BO, +Blu Ray/VOD/Syndication + tie ins and merchandise... Yes, MOS is just not making any $ for WB.

I really wished they had announced both Flash and WW for 2016. We need to get Gemma on board asap, she's not getting any younger. She's already 27 I believe.

Elizabeth Debicki is only 22 :awesome:

b7tYkdN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95