Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wished they had announced both Flash and WW for 2016. We need to get Gemma on board asap, she's not getting any younger. She's already 27 I believe.

Heaven forbid its takes them another 5 years (making her 32) Gemma would still be perfect for the role!!!
x4s2.jpg

Last edited:
Check the part of this clip after 50 seconds. She's a dead ringer for Donna Troy in that red dress. :woot:

[YT]xF-YDdbRYmA[/YT]

Fixed it for you.

Isn't the character usually depicted as being younger than Diana?

It pisses me off that Wonder Woman wasn't announced today. This is the perfect time for a female Superhero. It's 2013, nobody thinks women have cooties anymore, give us a damn Wonder Woman movie!

Diana could be the next Katniss Everdeen, Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor if they play their cards right.

It pisses me off that Wonder Woman wasn't announced today. This is the perfect time for a female Superhero. It's 2013, nobody thinks women have cooties anymore, give us a damn Wonder Woman movie!

Diana could be the next Katniss Everdeen, Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor if they play their cards right.

Diana is much better than all those characters combined :woot:

I have the feeling WW and Flash will be announced soon.
I want you to be right but I don't trust Warners. I hate to get all pouty about this but I want to see a female Superhero movie before I die. Wonder Woman is the female Superhero, she deserves her own big budget Superhero film not another dinky T.V show.

Last edited:
I have the feeling WW and Flash will be announced soon.

I think the WF announcement was big enough that it would have overshadowed announcements of the Flash and WW so I hope WB announces the solo films at a later date.

DC will probably wait till Marvel gets a Ms. Marvel film off the ground before they launch WW.

Yeah but if they can't still move forward doing a Wonder Woman movie. Why not do a Flash movie first.

ww needs a solo movie far more than flash does
Yeah, I want to see Flash get a movie but I'd perfer Wondy get one first.
DC will probably wait till Marvel gets a Ms. Marvel film off the ground before they launch WW.
I barely know what a Ms. Marvel is but I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel beat DC to the punch, they always do.

A WW that is a BIG (CLASH OF THE TITANS/300) BUDGET epic adventure set in the modern world but with all the majesty, magic and mythic creations that is the history of the character will make bank and establish her even more as a world wide symbol of female empowerment. Changing all the myth and magic inherent in the character would just be a mistake. Especially if it's sacrificed on the altar of "the audience just won't understand magic" argument that gets bandied about so much.

In THOR they had a perfunctory line about "magic and science". Now imagine that line gets cut for what ever reason. Is the film now in some creative/narrative tailspin because of this? Does it undermine anything? Does AVENGERS now flop at the box office because this little band aid of an explanation is not there anymore? I also ask this: Is this science/magic explanation ever brought up again?

Superman is the science fiction Hercules. Batman is the swashbuckling gritty crime fighter. Wonder Woman is the protecting angel from Myth and Magic. Superman had his origin told well with little alteration (that mattered all that much.). Ditto for Batman, even if it's not the Batman we will be seeing in the near future. Wonder Woman deserves no less.

Basing WW off a kyrptonian origin is completely ignoring what Marston created.

Basing WW off a kyrptonian origin is completely ignoring what Marston created.

Don't bother. Audiences that made XENA a multi season international hit and which went to the theatres in droves to see LOTR and made a mediocre story about a girl and her Vampire boyfriend a box office force just can't wrap their heads around Wonder Woman's world, much less accept that her magic and the sci fi world of Superman coexist. That would be like, I don't know, having some mystical quasi religious, umm... FORCE, yes that's the word, in the STAR WARS films, with their space ships and aliens and what not. It wouldn't work. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Relax people...let WB take their time with this.

Relax people...let WB take their time with this.

It's all cool my sewer scurrying beetle brother. :woot:
I just don't think for a second that the people involved with bringing a DCCU to life give 2 defecations about whether WW's mythical/magical origin will or will not mesh with MOS' world.

WB is new to this. I want them to take their time with it and not rush it because they think they have to compete with Marvel.

See I think what Warner is doing is smart, After the success of The Dark Knight trilogy, they reintroduced Superman back, now rather than do a reboot of Batman, right away we just into a World's Finest team-up story. I think afterwards instead of Flash it should've been a Wonder Woman, followed by a trinity movie with (Bats, Sups and Wondy) then do a Justice League. But perhaps if they can get Flash right and appealing to the audience it could generate enough support to do other characters like Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow etc...

WB is new to this. I want them to take their time with it and not rush it because they think they have to compete with Marvel.

I agree, but from factoring in the age of Henry C. to wondering how sustainable the current trend of superhero films is, the clock is ticking.

Last edited:
I'll let Warners and Hollywood obsess over Cavill's age. He is Superman to me, he can play the role for 15 years for all I care. It's a movie, I'll make believe that he hasn't aged that much. Superhero movies won't do as well forever but they have been surviving well so far. I would like a Wonder Woman movie before they start making less of them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"