Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no interest in Man of Steel. But it still made money.

We've had many news stories of women escaping modern enslavement in western countries this year. I think it's become relevant as an issue and it could refocus what Wonder Woman is about.

I'm sure it could. I'm sure it'd be good. But out of all the ideas I've heard about what this film could be about, that is one of the least appealing.

We're all free to post ideas about the Wonder Woman film, not collaborate in actually making it. Unless somebody here is actually producing the Wonder Woman film - and should speak up - feel free to throw any ideas. It's not going to change anything for Warner Bros. But we can all discuss what we like and don't like about her.

How is freeing one's people from bondage not a compelling idea?

If I look at my own wishes for WW, I guess Emily Blunt will look the best next to Cavill and Affleck. Well, perhaps Lynn Collins to some degree as well.

Jennifer Lawrence? If they cast her it will only be because of her popularity, not because she is any "Wonder Woman material".
If people complain at Daddario for looking too young, then take a look at Jennifer :whatever:

This thread is not about you.

Calm down. :funny: I never say it was. EDIT: You asked a question and I answered it. You don't need to get sassy.

We're all free to post ideas about the Wonder Woman film, not collaborate in actually making it. Unless somebody here is actually producing the Wonder Woman film - and should speak up - feel free to throw any ideas. It's not going to change anything for Warner Bros. But we can all discuss what we like and don't like about her.

Wow. Is that what we're doing? Guess I've been doing this all wrong. :o

How is freeing one's people from bondage not a compelling idea?

Huh. That's funny. I don't remember saying it wasn't.

Last edited:
I think the Spartacus ideas would be great....for Hippolyta !! Just like the WW DTV and the first 20 minutes of MOS actually. A beginning montage of when the Olympians are, where the Amazons came from and why they had to leave Nan's world and go to Paradise island. I would also like to see some of the split of the Amazon nation and that there were those who did not follow Hippolyta and maybe hid themselves elsewhere in the world. Just an idea.

If I look at my own wishes for WW, I guess Emily Blunt will look the best next to Cavill and Affleck. Well, perhaps Lynn Collins to some degree as well.

Jennifer Lawrence? If they cast her it will only be because of her popularity, not because she is any "Wonder Woman material".
If people complain at Daddario for looking too young, then take a look at Jennifer :whatever:
I think less people would complain because Lawrence is a critically acclaimed Oscar winning actress...two things that Daddario isn't. They would over look her age because of her talent. Again I love Lawrence but I haven't ever fancast her for the role. I'm just speaking on behalf of the people who have.

Have to say it was quite depressing reading the DC Animations producer stating they maybe making a WW animated movie but not include her name in the title as the previous movie did not sell well. In fact it's the fourth highest on the list. So he is either not aware of this fact and he is incompetent or he is lying to suit his agenda and is sexist. It goes to the heart of DC and WB attitude towards their female super heros.

Jennifer Lawrence's potential casting as Wonder Woman:

The job of a lead actress is to make the role that she has been cast in highly credible...delivering a performance that should set her apart from the rest of the cast. I would be the first person to say that when I look at Jennifer Lawrence I do not automatically think of her as Wonder Woman...however that does not mean she would not own the role if she was cast in it.

In my opinion Jennifer's talent is undeniable. Not simply because she has an oscar (which she rightfully deserves) but because when she is on screen she is 100% committed to whatever role she has been casted in. I do not look at her and think she is being 'type-casted' nor would I ever describe her performances as formulaic or 'cookie-cutter'. She is an exceptionally dedicated actress who delves deep into her character portrayals thus bringing out the best in her performances. There is such conviction in her eyes as well as compassion in her lines that I for one would be elated to see what she could offer in terms of being cast as Wonder Woman and making that character, that role uniquely hers and charismatically believable.

Yes I would agree that there are a few other actresses out there who may 'resemble' Wonder Woman more closely to her comic book appearance or who can possibly deliver a performance equal to the caliber of Jennifer's (that has to be dramatic in terms of tone, action by default of the genre and a healthy dose of comedic timing), but let's all be realistic...can any other young actress bring to the role the notable critical praise, strong reviews, financial success and huge numbers we all so desperately want a Wonder Woman film to have? Spawning a number of sequels is the game. Not to mention that the portrayal of the character undoubtably must be recognized and remembered for being a positive role model for women both young and old. Jennifer Lawrence's views on her body image and how Hollywood can be such a 'slippery slope' in terms of how they define what a woman should look like is not only admirable but has an ambassadorship feel to it that truly makes her a wonder woman in her own rights.

As fans of Wonder Woman I feel we tend to have our blinders on when it comes to stepping out of our 'comfort zone' and looking at the any facets that are needed to make the character work and appeal across many demographics (and not solely to the comic book fanatics). Despite how negatively we want to view it, this is a Hollywood film and unfortunately their goals in bringing a character to 'life' are not always in synch with how we may feel a character should look or be fully portrayed. In point of fact, 'we' can't even agree on what truly defines the character of Wonder Woman in order to find the right actress to embody her as it's all open to interpretation to some degree.

With an impressive body of work under her belt, Jennifer Lawrence has earned an Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Satellite Award and the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actress, amongst other accolades. Her performances thus far have prompted 'Rolling Stone' to call her "the most talented young actress in America." In 2013, 'Time' named her one of the 100 most influential people in the world and 'Elle' magazine named her the most powerful woman in the entertainment business. To all the nay-sayers...we should be so lucky to have DC Entertainment and Warner Brothers make such a smart and lucrative decision as casting her in the role.

When it's all said and done and Hollywood has finally chosen their Wonder Woman, we as fans of the character have to decide how to accept her and make her credible.

Last edited:
After seeing Catching Fire last night (good movie), I'd be comfortable if Lawrence were cast as WW.

Blunt is not WW material either JMO.

No she's just a much much much better and more accomplished and more versatile and more well-known actress than Daddario (and the like). Other than that...

For the millionth time: looking like the generic illustrations from the comics or looking like the Wondie from your dreams is IRRELEVANT. The time for fan casting is now officially over. Start thinking about what's best for the project/ property as a whole not what's best for your personal fantasies.

If JLaw decides she wants to be Wondie, a ww movie gets fast tracked yesterday. With a massive budget and (likely) stud director. This is what a world class tentpole prestige ww movie needs - Along with a good script of course. 125 mil and some b/c list hottie doesn't even come close. Hell, that's a sub-gl level of commitment. EFF that.

Last edited:
Sure if Jlaw wanted to be Wonder Woman, it probably would be made. Doesn't mean it would be good. It's also possible to have Jaime Alexander as WW and say Johnny Depp as Dr. Psycho. or Phoebe Tonkin play Diana as a special guest on Arrow. Wonder Woman's not getting made without another name behind it. that is just the way Warner's thinks.

Oh definitely, if J-Law said she had an interest in playing this role WB would be scrambling to get this **** started. Like tonight. That's pretty much guaranteeing all your money back right there with the star power.

Oh definitely, if J-Law said she had an interest in playing this role WB would be scrambling to get this **** started. Like tonight. That's pretty much guaranteeing all your money back right there with the star power.
What if Emily Blunt told WB she has interest in playing WW?
How would her "star power" affect the outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"