Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - - - Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it would reduce her to a satellite character of Superman. Everything that makes WW and the Amazons unique would be gone. They'd essentially be a subspecies of Kryptonians, which isn't fair to her character or mythology. You don't see people saying that they should do this for Batman, or GL, or Flash, etc. So why just WW? WW coming to Superman for answers is a terrible idea as it reduces her character in comparison to him even more.

She could still retain herself, just for her seekin answers doesn't make her any less a strong role model. Believe me if they went full DC and made it exactly like the comics id be in my elements, but it's against the ground works they've now laid. In someways they've shot them selfs in the foot, straight out of the gate.

That's ok, just putting it out there. But can I ask, would you prefer a baby made from clay ect in the MOS world? And could you please share your take on a better WW introduction?

Thanks
Let me be very clear I'm not trying to be rude but some are just not understanding the gravity of this unique situation. This is not just some random female hero. She's Wonder freakin-Woman! You must handle her with care and understanding of her impact and her iconography as a feminist icon.

This idea does exactly what the power strip Emma Peel outfit did. Your post really drove how terrible that idea is and how it "emasculates," for lack of a better word, not only WW but the Amazons and there legacy as women who did not need a man to win a battle.

I've already explained many times that I think the WW template should be the animated film. :)

Let me be very clear I'm not trying to be rude but some are just not understanding the gravity of this unique situation. This is not just some random female hero. She's Wonder freakin-Woman! You must handle her with care and understanding of her impact and her iconography as a feminist icon.

This idea does exactly what the power strip Emma Peel outfit did. Your post really drove how terrible that idea is and how it "emasculates," for lack of a better word, not only WW but the Amazons and there legacy as women who did not need a man to win a battle.

I've already explained many times that I think the WW template should be the animated film. :)

Wow now. I'm not reducing Wonder Woman, I read her. And did I say she'd be less powerful than superman? Words in my mouth your putting. Sorry for offending you if I did, I was trying to use Mos as the diving board.

Either one of her origins(new 52 or the classic clay origin) would be much better. :o

In terms of movies(if this was a solo WW series), I think her new 52 origin would work well because it lends itself to a bigger story involving family.

Also the designs for the gods are so cool.

More promising:
CosmicBookNews.com's DC Entertainment source has provided us with some possible information on Gal Gadot and Wonder Woman for Batman Vs. Superman.

We're told Gal Gadot will be put on a 3500 calorie-a-day diet training three hours a day possibly with trainer Mark Twight.

Some details we have been given on the Wonder Woman costume include it will be similar to 300 and Greek Mythology.

The Golden Eagle breast plate is still there as are the bracelets on her wrists as well as the crown with a red torso top, which is more like protective thick leather armor and red knee high boots.

Our DC Entertainment source then said things start to change as he looked at art with about 40 different versions designed all with different bottoms. Some of the designs had the classic pants look, trousers, skirts, everything.

Our DC Entertainment source believes the one chosen is a sort of dark blue skirt with a belt around the top where a sword and lasso hang from. The source also believes Wonder Woman will have a round gold and black shield and possibly a red cape that sits to the right hand side.

We are also told Wonder Woman is definitely not Kryptonian.

Some story elements for Batman Vs. Superman are said to include the fallout from the destruction in Metropolis and public opinion. These are things that people felt were missing from Man of Steel that were left out deliberately to be included in the sequel.

Read more at http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/co...dots-wonder-woman-costume#jsfdIldIrDbRbAuP.99

I hope that is legit and they're not just saying that because everything sounds amazing!

I liked the 52 re telling too. I also like one of the armors she wears early on, if I can find a pic will post, with the pouldron going down her arm and her hair up?

This is what your talking about right?
WonderWoman.jpg
Wow now. I'm not reducing Wonder Woman, I read her. And did I say she'd be less powerful than superman? Words in my mouth your putting. Sorry for offending you if I did, I was trying to use Mos as the diving board.
I feel I owe you an apology. I kind of took some frustrations out on you and it is probably all just rumours anyway. I was just shocked at how many people would be okay with something that, to me, was just really disrespectful to the source material and WW's legacy. So sorry for how I said what I said not necessarily what was said.

Yes! Love that! No worries, being pationate a outs something's cool. I was just trying to think from a perspective of what Hollywood tends to do. No need to feel bad. Personally a full blown origin with original origin would be crazy cool. And I do hope for it someday.

That armour I love because it's simple but powerful

I forsee that Zod's invasion and Kara's scoutship crash landing on Earth will somehow tie into each member of the JL's origins.

It's definately going to be interesting to see how they will eventually make connections. You can really feel how much they (zack/goyer)want supes to be the ripple in the dc pond. Let's just hope it's going to be good. I want the new films to get as far away from marvel as possible, and that's with no disrespect to what they got going.

WW is a tough cooky to crack, more so than aquaman. If they nail WW in the coming films then I can relax about anything else. Make sense? Or am I rambling like a rare one :)

oh look news...Cosmicbooknews...oh crap

my we are quick to believe anything

Last edited:
We don't know the full range of this universe so people are basing things on the first movie...If Thor was the first MCU movie and they changed Iron Man into a magic armor and Hulk being a troll...would people be ok with it since it makes them work better?

I don't like this idea because it changes what makes WW unique. We have seen science superheroes...people born with powers...powers from science accidents...alien superheroes from distant planets or different universes...what we haven't seen is a superhero powered by the Gods.

No matter what WB does they will be compared to Marvel...so do things differently.

I always thought Hulk was some overgrown green/grey troll anyway. Funny you say that! :woot:

True. I respect your thinking, for sure.

I just don't like the idea. It doesn't sit well with me, personally.
Me neither and I'm not a huge WW or DC fan.

Marvel did something similar with Princess Zarda in the Supreme Power series, it made sense there and I liked that twsit and where JMS was going with his story. That said I think Wonder Woman IP, being infinitely more significant that it's ersatz Princess Zarda, it deserves more than that, it deserves to maintain its distinctiveness.

besides like I said Marvel already did that and the Ancient Spacemen(MCU Thor) trope

Everything from the CosmicBookNews.com's DC Entertainment "source" sounds awesome. Possibly too awesome to be true!

The only things I'm not too keen on are Wonder Woman carrying a sword and shield and the cape. I personally prefer Wonder Woman not to be permanently armed with an "offensive" weapon as I think that supports her image and intentions as a "peace maker" rather than a killer (i.e. Wonder Woman would try to "talk down" a villain instead of immediately challenging them to battle). And I'm personally not a fan of a permanent cape, especially in red. I wouldn't mind a white and gold or possibly white and blue cape or cloak for Wonder Woman to wear with her "standard" battle costume for formal occassions, but I'd prefer no cape when in battle.

Unfortunately the website is known for making up BS.

Cosmic Book News once tried to pass off one of my Batman fan artworks as being a legitimate concept design for the Dark Knight Rises, they even had they audacity to claim WB asked them to take it down. That website is scum.

the one ting unanimously agreed on...Cosmic Book News is crap.

That is the one thing that brings us all together... our hate for CBN. Poetic isn't it?

Was it the jmc's Catwoman manip?

Was it the jmc's Catwoman manip?

Yes.

Essentially, the FEMALE superhero needs to have her origin combined with the MALE superhero in order to have her POWERS and to FIT in the DCCU.

The origin hasn't changed, just interpreted differently. Ancient Kryptonians arrive thousands of year ago and maybe crossbred with ancient humans, they become the inspiration for the Greek Gods, one of them, a woman, creates the Amazon race using tech similar to Krypton births, she later becomes known as 'Athena' who they have worshiped for thousands of years. There's no combining of origins, it's not even a shared history between the two characters, just a different way to look at the concept and giving both characters a shared link.

I kind of hope that this "news" is true because I really like the description of the armor/costume. As for WW's origins, I'd go with the new 52 origin where she's the daughter of Zeus, or maybe even some other god. As another poster has said, that opens up interesting stories/plots and adds a family dynamic to her.

The origin hasn't changed, just interpreted differently. Ancient Kryptonians arrive thousands of year ago and maybe crossbred with ancient humans, they become the inspiration for the Greek Gods, one of them, a woman, creates the Amazon race using tech similar to Krypton births, she later becomes known as 'Athena' who they have worshiped for thousands of years. There's no combining of origins, it's not even a shared history between the two characters, just a different way to look at the concept and giving both characters a shared link.

The combination of Superman's origin and Wonder Woman's origin is the different interpretation. And that's terrible. I've been saying ad nauseam that this reinterpretation of Wonder Woman's origin is completely unnecessary given that the MoS universe has its foundation set in pure sci-fi fantasy; her Greek myth origin would work fine in the DC Snyderverse. Sure, it's sort logical to have her be a product of Superman's heritage, but that doesn't mean it's a good approach (it's actually horrible on multiple levels). The issue is paramount because this will be the Wonder Woman introduced to the masses. Why make such a significant modification to the character's backstory? Doing so would undermine Wonder Woman's rich history by essentially making her a Kryptonian half-breed instead of someone birthed as a demigod (or born from clay because MAGIC).

Last edited:
Yes.

It's a terrible idea and it is very different origin. No one would read the comics and be like "Yeah this could be the interpreted as Kara's ship crash landing thousands of years ago and creating the Greek Gods by cross breading and then spawning the Amazons. It's so obvious!":o

Who said it was combining origins? What it is doing is saying that the only way that WW can have power is by being an offshoot of a more popular male hero. How do you not get why people are offended or why it is something people are against?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"