Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comics are a visual medium completely. I wouldn't mind if a live action version was some kind of calculating tactician. Like the scene in Downey's Sherlock where we hear how he's going to break and disable the other fighter.

I was thinking quick and brutal, something like Jason Bourne.

Dark Raven said:
Most people aren't done justice by just by a single photo or still. They tend to look better in moving film where you get a better sense of them, so it's always good to watch footage where possible.

:)

[YT]ggK6JmTraT8[/YT]

She looks nice there although I wish she looked a bit more like Diana facially. I think acting wise she's fine.

She is too porcelain for Wonder Woman. I'm not saying they should hire a butch actress but damn she is too fragile looking.

Christian Bale looked pretty fragile before Batman Begins ;)

Hemsworth looked pretty fragile before Thor

I was thinking quick and brutal, something like Jason Bourne.

Bourne style is kinda tired.

I'd imagine that WW would use economy of movement. She has super strength/speed but she wouldn't waste time fighting every person in a hallway fight.

Like that scene in X2 when Magneto simply pulls the pins out of the grenades of the soldiers instead of fighting or deflecting semi-automatic rounds.

They should hire Aaron Sorkin to write the script.

She has a chicken neck. waaay too long for her already long body. Shes a stork. Pretty face though.

Unless they do a Plastic Man movie, and they change "Man" to "Woman", shes not gonna be cast as a superhero. Not one that anyone has ever heard of anyway.

That's some hate you have for her being cast. We get it.

Oh i felt the same way (for different but equally valid and obvious reasons) about Lynn Collins, Gina Carano and the like. I dont have hate for her being cast, Im just pointing out that its never ever (ever) gonna happen. so why dont we discuss actors that have some possibility of being cast? It just might make for a more interesting discussion.

Crackpot "my personal fetish" casting deserves an appropriate response. That is my purpose here. When Emily Blunt (or equivalent A lister) is cast as WW I will happily retire.

edit: to be completely fair to Ms. Debicki (sp?), shes a good actress and therefore shed be superior to a hottie of the week or syndicated tv refugee or over-the-hill C-lister. Again, never gonna happen, but she deserves to get work elsewhere. If they ever need a hot alien - that actually looks like she might be an alien - she should get the nod.

Last edited:
she's 6'3. they need a step ladder to put her in a headlock, and by the time they get it, they'd have gotten the **** kicked out of them. :o

Last edited:
Oh i felt the same way (for different reasons) about Lynn Collins, Gina Carano and the like. I dont have hate for her being cast, Im just pointing out that its never every gonna happen. so why dont we discuss actors that have some possibility of being cast? It just might make for a more interesting discussion.

it wouldn't. what's there to discuss? arterton? blunt? they've been talked about ad nauseam. and putting lynn collins in the same breath as carano :hehe: we'd would be so lucky to have collins as ww. and what's there to discuss anyway? you already made wb's decision for them.

neither has a shot. Collins is meh and over-the-hill and riddled with bad plastic surgery (feel free to check out recent pics for confirmation)and starred in the debacle that is John Carter. One more bomb and shell be banished to the straight to dvd rack (if it hasnt happened already). Carano can't act and her fighting skills are irrelevant. They both have no shot but for different reasons.

WW needs an established A-lister or a supremely talented up and comer with a resume - and she cant be 7 feet tall. If WB wants to go all in with a tentpole big budget WW movie this is what theyll go with. If they want to cut corners, theyll settle for a super hot nobody who can memorize lines.

Last edited:
WB needs to get their heads out of the sand and look up.

Speaking of heads in the sand, Debicki does look a bit like an ostrich (a hot one). And speaking of tentpoles, she could actually be the tentpole. I'm here all week folks...

neither has a shot. Collins is meh and over-the-hill and riddled with bad plastic surgery (feel free to check out recent pics for confirmation)and starred in the debacle that is John Carter. One more bomb and shell be banished to the straight to dvd rack (if it hasnt happened already). Carano can't act and her fighting skills are irrelevant. They both have no shot but for different reasons.

WW needs an established A-lister or a supremely talented up and comer with a resume - and she cant be 7 feet tall. If WB wants to go all in with a tentpole big budget WW movie this is what theyll go with. If they want to cut corners, theyll settle for a super hot nobody who can memorize lines.

Except that she isn't 7 feet tall, unless all other people 6'3" and over are also 7 feet tall.

And then I'm reminded of how Lou Ferrigno, who was 6'5", simply didn't look 7 feet tall when he was supposed to be in The Incredible Hulk tv series.

You should be a casting director, with all your knowledge.

For me Emily Blunt would be more appropriate for Black Widow. For sure she an act and is attractive yet but not WW stature.

Last edited:

Collins so far seems the best choice as for John Carter... I'm sorry that was a decent movie just had bad advertising.

ЯɘvlveR;27078565 said:
she's 6'3. they need a step ladder to put her in a headlock, and by the time they get it, they'd have gotten the **** kicked out of them. :o

Another problem with her height is that tall people look really awkward fighting unless they are really beefy :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"