Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or maybe we do. We don't know if we've seen her at her best... not enough data. But assuming that she can do better, that's close to Reganite defense methods there...
That is true.

Before Chris Hemsworth got the role of Thor, his first major US film was Star Trek and I think it was what got him noticed although I believe that he was recommended to audition for Thor by Joss Whedon who was producer of Cabin in the Woods. Debicki has got Gatsby under her belt and is going to start shooting The Man from UNCLE so she is starting to be noticed and I would imagine she is on WBs radar.

...or maybe we do. We don't know if we've seen her at her best... not enough data. But assuming that she can do better, that's close to Reganite defense methods there...

Yeah, there's really only a small sample size of her work to go off of right now. Depending on how she fares in The Man from UNCLE, I could see her swaying a few people into thinking she just might be right person for the job. That goes without saying her performances in The Great Gatsby and The Maids have been highly praised both by the people she's worked with on those projects and by critics alike. There's also dozens of articles out there calling her a breakout star, and that she's tracking to have a very illustrious career based on the merit of her colleagues and peers from the Victorian College of the Arts.

that's not fair at all. regan is older been around longer, and still hasn't had the kinda career that debecki has. debecki's been on stage, been in a big wb production, and might possibly be in another with the man from uncle. at no point was Bridget regan ever in a place like that. she's a tv show actor at 31. debecki's career already has a better trajectory.

The flimsiest excuses for one person not to be a character I've EVER seen here :whatever:

Doubting her range this early?
Small breast bean pole?
Hasn't got Blunt's ass...

Please people, give us a solid reason why she shouldn't audition for Wonder Woman...excluding
"She may not want to" or "WB many not want a giant WW"

Emmm..no. We are discussing a superhero movie not something from the History Channel. The standard has been set, and its not a small breasted bean pole.

Wonder-Woman-lynda-carter-34325163-389-500.jpg

**** this post :barf:

This height thing - is it based solely on how Darwin Cooke drew her?

Yeah, pretty much :o

But more than that, to me. The height, while not completely necessary, is a nice touch. It could represent, that she's an image of power, strength and authority.

But apparently, **** and ass are more important than that image.

This height thing - is it based solely on how Darwin Cooke drew her?

Not for me. I've always imagined Wonder Woman to be around the same height as Superman and Batman. Though, I've only recently thought that making ALL Amazons taller than your average human would be a great idea.

[edit] Seems back in 2005, several individuals on another forum pegged Wonder Woman at around 5'11 to 6'3" - http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14401 - which coincidentally is the height range Debicki is listed at on Wikipedia :)

Last edited:
I think WW should be the tallest. Giving how she's born out of clay, molded to fit an image of an Amazon Goddess. Being the daughter of Zeus also makes you big and tall :D

I think WW should be the tallest. Giving how she's born out of clay, molded to fit an image of an Amazon Goddess. Being the daughter of Zeus also makes you big and tall :D

everyone should be in awe of her. from those on screen to those watching the film. i think I've already established that I'm smitten with debecki, so... :funny:

If both Batman and Wonder Woman are taller than Superman, I think more people would come to regard Cavill as "a short Superman", even though his height is actually above average. Sure, you can use movie magic to make him look taller onscreen, but the difference in height among "the big three" would still be noticeable when they're doing promo work and such. I know it's nitpicking, but I just don't think Superman should be the shortest person on the team -- even in its formative stages.

Another thing is that the average height of an American white female (just using this demographic as an example) is 5'5", so, if you're looking for an actress well over 6'0", a lot of talented people will be overlooked; and talent should always come first.

I hope they go with a natural brunette as well. If not, it isn't a deal-breaker, but fans of the character (especially small children) would appreciate having an actress who looks the part all the time without having to throw on a wig or whatever. I think it was Henry Cavill who said that when you take on an iconic role like Superman, in the eyes of young fans, that's who you are; they don't see you as an actor -- to them, you're Superman 24/7. And I think the same kind of mentality should apply to WW. Although she isn't a favorite character of mine, I'm pretty sure that her motion picture debut will be a big deal for a lot of people; so producers, casting directors and the like should be mindful of that.

I hope they go with a natural brunette as well. If not, it isn't a deal-breaker, but fans of the character (especially small children) would appreciate having an actress who looks the part all the time without having to throw on a wig or whatever.

The hair color issue is just as pedantic as the eye color issue. Wonder Woman has blue eyes, so naturally I'd assume you'd prefer they cast a blue-eyed actress right?

The hair color issue is just as pedantic as the eye color issue. Wonder Woman has blue eyes, so naturally I'd assume you'd prefer they cast a blue-eyed actress right?

Sure. Nothing wrong with having preferences. It's only a problem if people freak out when someone doesn't conform to their ideal.

So now Debecki can't be WW cause she's taller than Cavill and blonde?

Even though this can all be sorted out to appease people. ..the children would cry if they ever saw Debecki and Cavill together outside of filming?

WB would care about that?
I guess we're supposed to never even tell them that Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real and that they're not in anyway just Holiday marketing ploys designed to get their parents money? :whatever:

Not surprising but lets not jump the gun, Marvel hasn't put a female film into production yet, they just want to do one in the future.

ЯɘvlveR;26800233 said:
that's not fair at all. regan is older been around longer, and still hasn't had the kinda career that debecki has. debecki's been on stage, been in a big wb production, and might possibly be in another with the man from uncle. at no point was Bridget regan ever in a place like that. she's a tv show actor at 31. debecki's career already has a better trajectory.

That's funny that I actually feel bad. You're right, that's not fair. The actress has actual promise, that's very true. Her career will likely increase.

Not surprising but lets not jump the gun, Marvel hasn't put a female film into production yet, they just want to do one in the future.
I would be hilarious if Marvel won YET ANOTHER race. They're at least TALKING about a female led move, WB has been mum on that front recently. You would think that WW would be next on their list after Superman and Batman, being the third member of the trinity and most recognizable female hero ever. But no, we keep hearing about Flash, I guess having a penis gives him an advantage.

So now Debecki can't be WW cause she's taller than Cavill and blonde?

Even though this can all be sorted out to appease people. ..the children would cry if they ever saw Debecki and Cavill together outside of filming?

WB would care about that?
I guess we're supposed to never even tell them that Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real and that they're not in anyway just Holiday marketing ploys designed to get their parents money? :whatever:

Wow. I never said she "can't" be WW. :funny:

tumblr_m141jal8Bj1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Did another quick, small manip of Debicki as Wonder Woman.

uNHnypq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back