Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
disagree jamie and gina look like WW a hell of alot more imo

especially jamie

emily imo just has a soft look for WW
Body wise for sure there's no doubt about it but facially, I don't think so. That being said though, I still think Jamie has a good look forWW regardless.

OgAAADzVhwjzx7P4kthrYSOd-VbN8IEkvPqQZzK9eA8zkWf8tt_2KVOaOyB0SfEsCM0S-_cf7h8e7rPxMVZ7aMGvKBgAm1T1UMdJOuO45K9P079xNSUn1v3oW1Zl.jpg

Looking at it now, Dodson drew Diana's eyes are too angular. Even Cobie Smulder's doesn't have eyes that angular.

Wha...? No she doesn't. Her looks fit fine. You aren't going to find someone who looks exactly like WW as she has many different styles. Emily has the standard light eyes, dark haired WW look. She's not perfect but she has a look that works just fine. I love this choices as well, but if I had to be completely honest, she looks more like the comic character than either jaimie Alexander and Gina Carano. It's not like Blunt is a brown eyed blonde or something.

I totally agree, I think Emily is more similar to Wonder Woman, I highlight the face, eyes, mouth and nose (this last, depending on version of Wonder Woman), for example an image of this version of Wonder Woman, for me, Emily is almost identical:

wonder-woman-live-action-movie.jpg

wonder-woman-nbc-pilot.jpg

Wonder-Woman-dc-comics-17997940-1024-768.jpg
wonder-woman602.jpg
Wonder-Woman-Allura.jpg
superman_wonder_woman_batman_by_sporedesigns.jpg
15_return_ww_web-517x800.jpg
]
vo0ok9.jpg

disagree jamie and gina look like WW a hell of alot more imo

especially jamie

emily imo just has a soft look for WW she has a very seductive look that fits perfect for cat woman tho

I really do not think she would be fine for Catwoman, talent is not the problem, that she has, if it is for her to be in a Batman movie, I want she plays one of these characters: Andrea Beaumont, Batwoman, Vesper Fairchild, Rachel Caspian and Silver St. Cloud.

I really do not think she would be fine for Catwoman, talent is not the problem, that she has, if it is for her to be in a Batman movie, I want she plays one of these characters: Andrea Beaumont, Batwoman, Vesper Fairchild, Rachel Caspian and Silver St. Cloud.

Naw, I think she'd rather play Anna Karenina. :cwink:

i guess emily can work she may be only 5'7 but Jamie is 5'8 1 inch shouldn't be too big of a deal

hell if superman went from 6'4 - to 6'1

WW can go from 5'11 - to 5'7

if she hits the gym very hard it could work

Oh for sure, Emily is a bit skinnier but I'm not too worried about thst because I know she would have to work out anyway.

I think the problem is that Wonder Woman's origin doesn't have a two-second kind of summary, so it's hard to latch onto. Batman, rich orphan. Superman, alien powerhouse. Wonder Woman - no one says magical demigod - because she's not. She's made from clay, so even her being alive is a power, of sorts, but then she's also got powers she was given later. And then there are attributes that do, or do not, come from her uniform.

Part of this is lack of exposure, part of it is because her origin has so many moving parts, there are a number of different emphases and understandings of it.

I think all superheroes have various moving parts.I mean, BB and B89 approach the beginnings of Bats differently but they stick to a couple of touchstones(even though the killer is changed) which informs the movies.

I think if writers would figure out the touchstones and how those are important to developing the character instead of ARES IS COOL so he must be the villain.

^Well she has a quick origin now, daughter of zeus.

That's not an origin story. It doesn't really matter who her father is/isn't. None of it matters to why she leaves the island or what she does off of it.

The Contest is more(or could be altered) to be more pronounced to what goes on off the island. Following from Caldwell's Wednesday Comics story.

I think all superheroes have various moving parts.I mean, BB and B89 approach the beginnings of Bats differently but they stick to a couple of touchstones(even though the killer is changed) which informs the movies.

I think if writers would figure out the touchstones and how those are important to developing the character instead of ARES IS COOL so he must be the villain.

Well that's just the thing... Batman only has two touchstones, the parent's death writes itself, you just pick the killer/vengeance touchstone. The training, there's only so many ways to go with it, and after that... you have Batman.

With Wondy, you have the history of the Amazons, her birth event, the tournament and her gaining her powers. Each of those, what those are and what those mean to the story is in flux. It's harder to figure out, because she's saddled with obscure Greek mythology (clay coming to life) as well as superhero expectations.

^Well she has a quick origin now, daughter of zeus.

That's true... but I don't really like it. It's too far from the original. I think it would have been better if Zeus or Ares or Hades or whoever, had given her life and her powers at birth. She'd still be a demigod functionally, and could even be described as such, but she wouldn't just be hercules, y'know?

Or at least make her a daughter of Hades or something, as we have popular versions of scions of the other big three of Greek Myth. Zeus just adds genericness to injury. Ugh.

And Hades being the father could then tie into the whole reincanration/slain soul part of her storyline, as he's the keeper of the dead. It had potential to be generic on the surface 'demigod' but still keep the classic origin more or less intact. Sigh.

Well it could easily be added that she's zeus's illegitimate daughter that Hera (not that big of a fan but thats zeus's wife right?) when she discovers this, wants her dead.

As much as most message board posters seem to dislike the new origin, something has caught on with the people who are purchasing the book. Whether it lasts or not is a different story, but if the praise and sales continue that will be the route they take with the character.

Well that's just the thing... Batman only has two touchstones, the parent's death writes itself, you just pick the killer/vengeance touchstone. The training, there's only so many ways to go with it, and after that... you have Batman.

With Wondy, you have the history of the Amazons, her birth event, the tournament and her gaining her powers. Each of those, what those are and what those mean to the story is in flux. It's harder to figure out, because she's saddled with obscure Greek mythology (clay coming to life) as well as superhero expectations.

Batman 89 never showed his training so I question how important that actually is.

Based on other cartoon versions of WW origins, the only part ever shown is the contest. The animated movie was the only one to show how the Amazons got to the island or the clay birth. Her powers as gifts can be explained in a sentence of dialogue to Trevor.

i guess emily can work she may be only 5'7 but Jamie is 5'8 1 inch shouldn't be too big of a deal

hell if superman went from 6'4 - to 6'1

WW can go from 5'11 - to 5'7

if she hits the gym very hard it could work

They can make her look taller if they want. They do it with Tom Cruise all the time.

Naw, I think she'd rather play Anna Karenina. :cwink:

I do not think she looks like the Catwoman, I think Emily would fit better in the characters I mentioned, but it is only my opinion. I also love this character that you quoted, it would be interesting to see Emily playing Anna Karenina. But who will play Anna Karenina in a new adaptation, will be the Keira Knightley.

i guess emily can work she may be only 5'7 but Jamie is 5'8 1 inch shouldn't be too big of a deal hell if superman went from 6'4 - to 6'1 WW can go from 5'11 - to 5'7 if she hits the gym very hard it could work

Oh for sure, Emily is a bit skinnier but I'm not too worried about thst because I know she would have to work out anyway.

Of course she will have to work on your body and fortify it, but its structure help accordingly.

He can make awkward facial expressions to the camera when Diana kicks ass. :awesome:

Emily Blunt will give the character depth, and her involement will give the production a boost, and the final film a special shine.
With her, WB will cross a new border in the superhero genre. Not only because of talent in a superhero actress, but there's also a posibility to get successful at the box office with a first-time comic book character.

The most depressing thing about this, is that about a year from now - Emily Blunt will be too old for WW in your eyes ("you" as in you people here at superherohype).

Last edited:
Batman 89 never showed his training so I question how important that actually is.

I'm pretty sure it's not important, it's so easily implied. I was saying it was flexible.

Based on other cartoon versions of WW origins, the only part ever shown is the contest. The animated movie was the only one to show how the Amazons got to the island or the clay birth. Her powers as gifts can be explained in a sentence of dialogue to Trevor.

I'm not a big fan of one-line exposition of fantastical elements. It's a bit cartoony, and removes the emotional and narrative impact of those abilities. In short, it doesn't make for as good a story if they're there just to be there. Speaking of cartoons, her other animated offerings weren't about her, her origin wasn't gone into because she, her thoughts, motivations, perspectives, abilities and presence, generally, were not important. She was just a body to fill space, aside from two focus eps. The animated movie was the only one that made anything about her matter at all, imho.

I'm pretty sure it's not important, it's so easily implied. I was saying it was flexible.

Oh, okay

I'm not a big fan of one-line exposition of fantastical elements. It's a bit cartoony, and removes the emotional and narrative impact of those abilities. In short, it doesn't make for as good a story if they're there just to be there. Speaking of cartoons, her other animated offerings weren't about her, her origin wasn't gone into because she, her thoughts, motivations, perspectives, abilities and presence, generally, were not important. She was just a body to fill space, aside from two focus eps. The animated movie was the only one that made anything about her matter at all, imho.

Well I wasn't going to bring up the pilot since it bypassed everything, but that shorthand knowledge even in her non-starring roles is my point. What info do you have to impart to get the info people need to get the character and start the story? The Superman cartoon intro shows the rocket flight and clips of Smallville then gets to Superman.

If you take the framework of B89 with WW already established and one information dump flashback what would it be? I think the Contest since it shows her power levels, her relationship to Hippolyta, why she left the island, and Steve Trevor are all tied into that scene.

The clay birth or Zeus birth doesn't establish anything ultra important.

But who will play Anna Karenina in a new adaptation, will be the Keira Knightley.

There can always be more than one adaption of Anna Karenina. We have two Snow White films coming out.

knightly is gonna like 23rd actress to play the role tho lol

and joe wright is directing cant get any better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi