Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see Daddario being WW, it would be too similar to her role in PJ.

WB will most likely look further afield for this reason.

But would Daddario audition for the role? Probably.

I agree Rodrigo. I just don't see it working personally.

even if it is a similar role, what's she gonna do? hall pass 2?

she would not be a very smart young woman if she passed on a wondy flick.

i just think that, by the time the ball gets rolling she'll be the safest pick given that she'll have been in those percy films and (if the 2nd is as successful as the first) while the likes of blunt or cornish might not be young enough to extend the role into solo features.

ЯɘvlveR;24649895 said:
even if it is a similar role, what's she gonna do? hall pass 2?

she would not be a very smart young woman if she passed on a wondy flick.

i just think that, by the time the ball gets rolling she'll be the safest pick given that she'll have been in those percy films and (if the 2nd is as successful as the first) while the likes of blunt or cornish might not be young enough to extend the role into solo features.
Are we soul twins?

I don't see Daddario passing on being cast as WW, I see WB passing on Daddario.

I don't see Daddario passing on being cast as WW, I see WB passing on Daddario.
Agreed.

Daddario's becoming the new Regan around here, which fits - I think they're both equally underwhelming candidates.

Well, I do think WB might actually look at Daddario, but in the same way they looked at Knightley, Lively, and Portman before they cast Hathaway as Catwoman.

I just don't see them casting her at all for WW. Again, maybe Wonder Girl/Troia, but not Diana. She just looks way too young and not womanly.

are either of you taking into account the timeline?

we're getting a jl film first and that's set to come out in 2015. she's not Benjamin button. the young lady will age. you'd both have a point if the film was set to come out next year, but its not. the only other viable candidate i see at the moment is arterton, maybe even jen lawrence.

other then that, cornish (my fav if where being made today) atwell don't really have much of a chance. this is a role i expect them to reprise for another ten years from 2015.

Agreed.

Daddario's becoming the new Regan around here, which fits - I think they're both equally underwhelming candidates.

Um. I was here for the Regan wars and this is nothing like that. There aren't 10 manips of Daddario per page.lol

So many tears. Dark Days.

ЯɘvlveR;24651147 said:
are either of you taking into account the timeline?
Yes.
we're getting a jl film first and that's set to come out in 2015. she's not Benjamin button. the young lady will age. you'd both have a point if the film was set to come out next year, but its not. the only other viable candidate i see at the moment is arterton, maybe even jen lawrence.
She will age yes, but does not mean she will look old enough; for all you know she may have Elijah Wood syndrome.
While I support Arterton, she is not the only other viable candidate.
Lawrence will already be tied up with the Hunger Games series and the X-Men series, she's not getting WW or even going to be looked at.
other then that, cornish (my fav if where being made today) atwell don't really have much of a chance. this is a role i expect them to reprise for another ten years from 2015.
I'd say they have as much of a chance as the rest of the good suggestions.

Um. I was here for the Regan wars and this is nothing like that. There aren't 10 manips of Daddario per page.lol

lol Sooooo dark :oldrazz:

I will say this Daddario love isn't similar to Regan love, but it has the potential to get to that point. :csad:

I'm not talking about the "Regan wars" (I wasn't following these casting threads when LotS was on the air, so I wasn't here for that), I'm talking about the extremely recent Regan push.

Who's that girl from that Percy Jackson movie? She'd be pretty good. Either her or whoever's in that LOTS show.

Who's that girl from that Percy Jackson movie? She'd be pretty good. Either her or whoever's in that LOTS show.
adangrylucille1zeb0ci.gif

:hehe:

To be fair to Regan, I totally could see her as Lara to Crowe's Jor-El. :o

Alexandra Daddario can't be Wonder Woman because she doesn't even look 'woman' enough to be Wonder Woman. She is far too 'pretty sweet young american' looking to be a fierce, Amazonian warrior woman in her 30's.

I'm not talking about the "Regan wars" (I wasn't following these casting threads when LotS was on the air, so I wasn't here for that), I'm talking about the extremely recent Regan push.

I was here for both. Let me assure you, the recent Regan push pales in comparison to the early days of the thread.

The blood that was shed between the Reganites and the Cobie Smulders worshippers...one massacre after another, gory vengeance wreaked upon both sides in an endless cycle. The Missy Peregrym faction was constantly coming in on the flanks, preying on the old and the weak. The Palicki-ans would stalk the field after a skirmish, killing the wounded. A few men went insane from the post-traumatic stress and began saying that Beyonce should get the role. The horror was unspeakable. Death would have been a sweet, sweet release.

I shudder at the memories. We lost many a good man in those days.

This will cause another war...why do these things have to happen in the world? :(

I haven't really been following the thread. What is the current state of a Wonder Woman TV show/film? (pls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"