8. Wonder Woman’s Wrath
9. The God Of War
10. We Are All To Blame
11. Hell Hath No Fury
12. Lightning Strikes
13. Trafalgar Celebration
14. Action Reaction
15. To Be Human – Sia (feat. Labrinth)

Seems that the new WW single and music video drops today, according to Tina Guo. It's meant to be at 12pm ET, 9 am PT.

The film score sounds fantastic.

Bless our chinese brehs for the leak.

When will they release it ?

Usually, the soundtrack is released two weeks before movie's release date ?

Last edited:
No, usually the soundtracks come out like the week of, at least for most movies.

I'm liking what bits of the score I can hear in the several promo clips.

I think it's worth posting this again:

[YT]tI2ASp0f7GU[/YT]

Tina Guo's own rock cover of her Wonder Woman theme.

Angel on the wing is going around the web. It has a Zimmer and a small taste of the WW theme but the toned down version (The one used when Wayne sees Diana at Lex's party)

DCEU Wonder Woman has the best theme. It never gets old.

It's alright. I would have preferred a traditional theme but I cannot dispute that it does work.

What do you mean by traditional? Traditional instruments? Or are you wanting a completely different melody?

Tina Guo has just put a distortion pedal on her electric cello. If she took it off, it would sound more traditional.

Angel on the wing is going around the web. It has a Zimmer and a small taste of the WW theme but the toned down version (The one used when Wayne sees Diana at Lex's party)

That mysterious introduction notes to the theme... Just heard the track. The crescendo of the theme as the movie progress will be terrific.

Last edited:
I wonder if they were trying to evoke the Xena: Warrior Princess theme. It has that same kind of feel.

What do you mean by traditional? Traditional instruments? Or are you wanting a completely different melody?

Tina Guo has just put a distortion pedal on her electric cello. If she took it off, it would sound more traditional.

Something more traditional in the orchestration. I think this motif works because of the distortion but when I think of superheroes my mind goes to Shirleys walker Batman and Superman. More defined melodies with romantic instrumentation.

But hey thats just the back of my brain. On the other hand the theme works fine in context and it is a different era for comic films. Maybe I am just an old fart. :oldrazz:

I wonder if they were trying to evoke the Xena: Warrior Princess theme. It has that same kind of feel.

It has a tribal feel, yeah. The whole theme seems to be inspired by Bulgarian folklore music. The rhythm, choir and bagpipes.

[YT]SVsrX3LiXNY[/YT]

Something more traditional in the orchestration. I think this motif works because of the distortion but when I think of superheroes my mind goes to Shirleys walker Batman and Superman. More defined melodies with romantic instrumentation.

But hey thats just the back of my brain. On the other hand the theme works fine in context and it is a different era for comic films. Maybe I am just an old fart. :oldrazz:

As mentioned above, I think the theme is slightly evoking Xena, both the title theme song and the Xena fight song (particularly the latter). At times the electric cello seems to echo the screaming/ wailing vocals of the female choir in Xena, which itself is based on the Bulgarian folk song Kaval sviri.

This is the fight song (not title song) from Xena. Have a listen to the similarity between that and Wonder Woman's theme:

[YT]PVEU7sBXNH4[/YT]

And the original version of WW's theme is a bit more traditional than the rock version that Tina Guo released:

[YT]8aVzhFQxnzA[/YT]

I think the electric cello was as close to the sound of the female choir they could get without actually having one, which would've then sounded like it was lifted straight out of Xena.

Last edited:
It has a tribal feel, yeah. The whole theme seems to be inspired by Bulgarian folklore music. The rhythm, choir and bagpipes.

[YT]SVsrX3LiXNY[/YT]

Yeah exactly. Have a listen to the Xena fight song in my post above. It's even more similar to WW than this one.

Yeah exactly. Have a listen to the Xena fight song in my post above. It's even more similar to WW than this one.

Xena. Joseph LoDuca man... many memories :)
It is the orchestration and "minimalistic" aproach that brakes the superhero scores these days for me.
The distorted cello is alright but Diana is not only a warrior that is badass. She is also kind, innocent and conflicted. And for that reason even though the motif is badass it is not in the same level as let's say the Elfman Spidey theme or hell even Affleck's Batman theme that can accommodate all different aspect of the character.
Don't get me wrong, it get me pumped as hell. I would just prefer something more.

Xena. Joseph LoDuca man... many memories :)
It is the orchestration and "minimalistic" aproach that brakes the superhero scores these days for me.
The distorted cello is alright but Diana is not only a warrior that is badass. She is also kind, innocent and conflicted. And for that reason even though the motif is badass it is not in the same level as let's say the Elfman Spidey theme or hell even Affleck's Batman theme that can accommodate all different aspect of the character.
Don't get me wrong, it get me pumped as hell. I would just prefer something more.

I don't think this is the only WW theme, especially not just for her own movie. They're obviously including this one because it's become the iconic theme that everyone loves, so not including it would be madness. But I'm sure there are other parts to the score that showcase her compassion or kindness. The Tina Guo one (which is also Hans Zimmer/ Junkie XL) is really more of WW's battle theme just like Xena had her fight song.

By traditional, he's referring to just straight orchestra. Can't say I disagree with him honestly. I don't like the electric guitar used for Wonder Woman specifically if I'm being honest.

Just listened to the track Angel On The Wing on spotify, not bad, but it does turn into the RC sound by the end. Hard to base the entire score off one track though.

Last edited:
How iconic do people think the WW theme will become in years following? Will it be as instantly recognisable as the Superman theme or the 89 Batman theme?

Is it something guitarists will also be trying to play all the time, thus elevating it to one of the most covered themes?

How would it stack up against the WW TV series theme which is pretty iconic itself?

Or will it be forgotten like a lot of other superhero themes of late?

I'm glad folks are liking the score. DCEU's (minus Skwad) good run with soundtracks continues. :D :D

How iconic do people think the WW theme will become in years following? Will it be as instantly recognisable as the Superman theme or the 89 Batman theme?

It is already instantly recognizable and I believe it'll stay the same and further establish itself as an iconic theme in the years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"