Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't have to worry about that. No Way BVS delivers.
It might make a lot of money
might have some nice action quips.
but you can take it to the bank that it'll critically fall on its face.

Don't see it.

Let's not get into bashing other films due out this year. Hopefully they'll all be good.

That line clearly says "A God", not "The God".

It's not a perfect trailer, but its a darn entertaining one, and it does its job. The scale looks massive, including Apocalypse himself in that sequence with Xavier. Powers and effects look great.

This trailer would suggest that Mystique will, in fact, be her blue self. Quicksilver's sequence looks really cool. He's going to be in the middle of an explosion, it seems.

Those new outfits are individualized suits. Blue and white elements. Mystique's is a nod to her classic comic costume right down to the collar, as is Quicksilver's. They're clearly keeping the core X-Men under wraps if they have new suits.

Oh wait nope, the trailer is out. I feel so dumb right now. XD

A few dodgy special effects aside, it's great. The best one so far imho.

Hmm, I wish the 2nd costume for Mystique/Quicksilver looks better. They don't slick enough for me. And I wish they didn't cover up Mystique's arms.

Hope we'll see another Maximoff or Dane beside Quicksilver's mother :D

I'm intrigued by that shot of Stryker. Seems to infer that he plays a major part in the movie despite being a bit player in DOFP.

Nice to see quicksilvers mother back, might get abit about her backstory with magneto there

Let's not get into bashing other films due out this year. Hopefully they'll all be good.

Agreed. I come here to discuss X-Men Apocalypse, if I want to talk about Civil War or BvS I'll go to those boards.

This movie looks so bland and boring I can't take it. The X-Men were my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe and Bryan Singer has seemingly taken it to the big screen in the form of an allegory for the gay man's struggle to be accepted.

I have no problem whatsoever with gay people, as most in 2016 but jeez leave you personal BS out of the X-Men. Now with Apocalypse its like Gays vs the Church and God pretty much.

The appeal of the X-Men were the awesome costumes, the powers, and the personality clashes within the group. So Singer strips half that away and we're left with cosplayers running around saving the world every 3 years with no real semblance of the X-Men.

Please Fox (I know you're not listening) wipe the slate clean and let the X-Men build out of Deadpools world, they got it right. You guys let Singer but****k my childhood for like 10 years now, make the pain stop already.

I think the shot of Mystique and the Xkids is of them running through Alkali lake to go save someone from there. Which would make sense as to why Stryker is there. Looks like Quicksilver has been captured and then Cyclops blasts the door to save him.

Loved it. Some of the green screen stuff still needs work, but the movie looks really, really good. The scale looks massive and I'm loving it.

This movie looks so bland and boring I can't take it. The X-Men were my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe and Bryan Singer has seemingly taken it to the big screen in the form of an allegory for the gay man's struggle to be accepted.

I have no problem whatsoever with gay people, as most in 2016 but jeez leave you personal BS out of the X-Men. Now with Apocalypse its like Gays vs the Church and God pretty much.

The appeal of the X-Men were the awesome costumes, the powers, and the personality clashes within the group. So Singer strips half that away and we're left with cosplayers running around saving the world every 3 years with no real semblance of the X-Men.

Please Fox (I know you're not listening) wipe the slate clean and let the X-Men build out of Deadpools world, they got it right. You guys let Singer but****k my childhood for like 10 years now, make the pain stop already.

:whatever: Okay.

So nice of you to drop in.

LOL

The X-Men have ALWAYS been an allegory for discriminated minorities - whether that's racial or sexual.

IMO, Psylocke will be big after XA.

tumblr_o46rnqK5JE1tyc7rko3_500.gif

This guy...
iaza14050119258000.gif

Singer only really used the idea of being gay in X2 in the coming out scene. There have been religious, ethinic and sexuality derived stories for years in the comics. Shoo

The cinematography looks beautiful, Mystique's costume is based on a comic outfit she wore it had a similar design and was also white and blue. Can't remember when she wore it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"