• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Apocalypse X-Men Apocalypse News and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but then you would just exhaust any new deal McAvoy and Hoult sign once Jlaw and Fassebender are ready to return. So unless you can sign McAvoy for another six films post Apocalypse, there is really not point brining him back in a couple of years only to let him go once everyone else resumes interest in their previous roles. If he has Jackman level commitment then maybe, but how can you reasonably expect that from anyone?

But honestly, Magneto and Xavier aren't meant to be played by young men. These actors are still mid thirties, which is still young. We will have completed a kind of/sort of prequel trilogy along with the OT. How many stories can they possibly do before overextending these characters and franchise? To me it makes a lot more sense to scale it back down with 80-100 million dollar films which will extend rights just the same as a 250 million dollar project. I would build up an expanded universe. If 15-20 years from now, these actors want to gear up again, then we can get that Episode 7-9 trilogy. These event films shouldn't materialize every three years. The market cannot sustain that, and the new Spidey reboot is starting to show that. Look at ASM2's overseas returns thus far. Movies are costing well north of 200 million and are not pulling in profit at the box office anymore.

Last edited:
They ain't gonna sign any cast for 6 movies after apocalypse, this is different to the MCU

Yeah but then you would just exhaust any new deal McAvoy and Hoult sign once Jlaw and Fassebender are ready to return. So unless you can sign McAvoy for another six films post Apocalypse, there is really not point brining him back in a couple of years only to let him go once everyone else resumes interest in their previous roles. If he has Jackman level commitment then maybe, but how can you reasonably expect that from anyone?

Well if you are going to expect it from anyone, it's got to be him. He is playing Professor X. If he isn't willing to commit to this series, for a long haul/HJ level/15 years, then what's the point of all of it? They can't do these without the Xavier character. And just how challenging of a commitment would it be really? He wouldn't have to commit himself physically like HJ has had to. And he wouldn't, theoretically, have a large/time consuming role(compared to FC trilogy) because the younger X-Men will be front and center.

Umm... He hasn't even been willing to shave the head thus far. Until that happens, I can't take him seriously as that character. Just a groovy 60's Englishman and womanizer turned 70's hippie/cripple. It is what it is.

Patrick Stewart will have cemented himself in that role after DOFP if he hadn't already, even more so than Captain Picard. There is little point trying to replace him any time soon.

But again, we'd have gotten six films featuring that character in less than 20 years (plus cameo appearances in Wolverine films). Only a handful of Hollywood characters get that kind of treatment. So unless there is some unprecedented ground breaking story yet to be told, I'm gonna prefer they leave it at that for some time. Even if I were producer, do I really need James McAvoy as the face of my franchise the next ten years, shaven bald and in a wheel chair? He is a tremendous actor, but hardly the second coming.

From a business stand point, it would make MORE sense cutting the cord from McAvoy/Hoult and going forward with JLaw/Fassebender instead to do a Brotherhood centric X-film post Apocalypse. You could bring back Sabertooth and have a romance there, introduce Magneto's kids, and what not. Not sure who they'd face off against if not the X-Men, but that is a fresher, edgier story to tell IMO.

Of course if they are staying true to Age of Apocalypse and Xavier is assassinated in the new timeline, then you may have no choice but to go forward with Magneto as leader of the X-Men. But if Xavier is alive and present in the alternate future at the end of DOFP, then we wouldn't need to contemplate that scenario (unless Apocalypse is a brand new timeline that doesn't coincide with whatever we witness at the end of DOFP). In case they kill Xavier's character in this new timeline, then you can officially close the book on film versions for a while, and it would officially close the Magneto/Xavier arc for Fox's cinematic X-Film universe. I'd prefer they do something like this instead before the inevitable full reboot.

Last edited:
No thanks, I don't want another trilogy set in the past.

I agree, here's what I want

Original trilogy (2000 to 2006)
Wolverine trilogy (2009 to 2017)
First Class trilogy (2011 to 2016)
New trilogy with the OT cast (2014 to 2020)

But again, we'd have gotten six films featuring that character in less than 20 years (plus cameo appearances in Wolverine films). Only a handful of Hollywood characters get that kind of treatment. So unless there is some unprecedented ground breaking story yet to be told, I'm gonna prefer they leave it at that for some time.

How about an X-Men movie? Not a magneto origin. Not a Wolverine solo. And not Wolverine featuring X-men & Magneto(DOFP will be the FOURTH one of these). An X-Men movie about the team. "leave it at that"??? Like there aren't other stories and villains they can explore beyond Apocalypse?

Even if I were producer, do I really need James McAvoy as the face of my franchise the next ten years, shaven bald and in a wheel chair? He is a tremendous actor, but hardly the second coming.
The new young group of actors would become the face. If they go that route and introduce Scott, Jean, Storm etc etc. McAvoy wouldn't have to be front and center.

From a business stand point, it would make MORE sense cutting the cord from McAvoy/Hoult and going forward with JLaw/Fassebender instead to do a Brotherhood centric X-film post Apocalypse. You could bring back Sabertooth and have a romance there, introduce Magneto's kids, and what not. Not sure who they'd face off against if not the X-Men, but that is a fresher, edgier story to tell IMO.
More Magneto? How about an X-Men centric X-Men movie?

How about an X-Men movie? Not a magneto origin. Not a Wolverine solo. And not Wolverine featuring X-men & Magneto(DOFP will be the FOURTH one of these). An X-Men movie about the team. "leave it at that"??? Like there aren't other stories and villains they can explore beyond Apocalypse?

The new young group of actors would become the face. If they go that route and introduce Scott, Jean, Storm etc etc. McAvoy wouldn't have to be front and center.

More Magneto? How about an X-Men centric X-Men movie?

Because the idea is to make that vintage X-Film with Apocalypse and call it a day. They will not be looking to spin a Twilight or Hunger Games sort of time table and green light 4/5 films with the new cast they bring in for Apocalypse along with with the established cast for FC/OT.

So I get the fanboy frustration of not getting X-Films that don't feature Wolverine, but Apocalypse should provide that film fans have wanted.

I can be like the former X-Men Forums poster Nell in this instance. I am a proponent of less is more. But its not that I find a lot of X-Men stories cheesy or the remaining villains ridiculous, I don't. But sometimes you just have to end things on a high note and leave a franchise at that instead of overexposing your brand. X-Men is about racism, bigotry, and injustices. They've covered all that nicely in what will be six films, plus a Wolverine trilogy.

Not to say I don't want more X-Men films, but after Apocalypse, it's time to focus on different characters for a while.

Last edited:
Umm... He hasn't even been willing to shave the head thus far. Until that happens,

thats a stupid thing to say, james actually said he would shave his head for the film if needed, infact there are reports that he actually did shave his head before starting first class before being told they wanted him to have hair, he tried to grow it out quick but they had to give him extensions

To prepare for his role as Charles Xavier, James McAvoy shaved his head... and learned that the filmmakers wanted Xavier to have a full head of hair in the prequel. Throughout the first month of filming McAvoy had to wear hair extensions.

McAvoy actually had shaved his head previously and was completely comfortable in doing that for this film if necessary, but Vaughn and co. wanted him to sport long locks for First Class and during the beginning of filming, he wore hair extensions.

Last edited:
Guess my subtle humor is beyond some folks. But with all due respect, he is never going to be Xavier while Patrick is still with us. In 15-20 years should he revisit the role, we can have that discussion and compare and contrast the two portrayals.

Because the idea is to make that vintage X-Film with Apocalypse and call it a day.

Whose idea? It would be weird, IMO, to cast a young Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler(maybe) and then "call it a day".

They will not be looking to spin a Twilight or Hunger Games sort of time table and green light 4/5 films with the new cast they bring in for Apocalypse along with with the established cast for FC/OT.
Don't know about green lighting or time tables, but I highly doubt that they are gonna sit on this X-Men series post XMA.

I can be like the former X-Men Forums poster Nell in this instance. I am a proponent of less is more. But its not that I find a lot of X-Men stories cheesy or the remaining villains ridiculous, I don't. But sometimes you just have to end things on a high note and leave a franchise at that instead of overexposing your brand. X-Men is about racism, bigotry, and injustices. They've covered all that nicely in what will be six films, plus a Wolverine trilogy.

Not to say I don't want more X-Men films, but after Apocalypse, it's time to focus on different characters for a while.
To each his own then. Personally, I don't think they've reached that "overexposing" limit. Certain characters for sure, but not the series. Wolverine has been overexposed. You can argue Magneto has been overexposed. The actual X-Men?

Apocalypse could be last full X-Men film In eather FC or OT contunity and a X-Men reboot
will follow third wolverine film which may be seen as conclusion of X-Men series that
beguin back In 2000.

Fox isn't going to reboot at this point. DOFP is their reboot.

But in terms of the X-Men, of course the fans want more, but is the general audience really going to press for more? They simply aren't going to care about the screen time Cyclops probably deserved, or Gambit, or even the fact that Rogue wasn't flying and tossing Sentinels. I'm not saying they won't make more X-Films. Frankly if the box office is ridiculous, they will extend the FC crew another two films post Apocalypse. But it's going to have to be a billion dollar type BO for that to happen.

Also, this is Singer's baby. Who knows what his future is, or who may replace him?

Still, I would expect the next true X-Film in the 2020's. Look for Cable and Deadpool films that are tied into the X-Men saga, as well as other spinoffs. Think that is the safer bet after Apocalypse, building up to the next event X-Men film.

Could you do an X-film without Magneto and Xavier and such a young cast taking over? That's why I feel this way, and I wouldn't be looking for the quick recast as a solution.

Apocalypse could be last full X-Men film In eather FC or OT contunity and a X-Men reboot
will follow third wolverine film which may be seen as conclusion of X-Men series that
beguin back In 2000.

Reboot talk again? With the interesting for these X-Men movies rising up again, reboot would be Fox's last resort. Like hello, they are gonna end 14 year old series (17 years old in 2017) with a Wolverine solo movie.

They also already set the July 2018 release date. And I doubt thats going to Fantastic Four since its 2nd film will be released in 2017.

Last edited:
Apocalypse will bring a bunch of new actors, including new Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Gambit and co. So how on earth Fox will drop them all right after signing? :funny:
That doesnt make any sense, lol. Any studio signs a new cast or a decent number of new actors to expand the franchise, not to drop them all, and sign a new cast 2 years later. Thats stupid

Last edited:
Reboot talk again? With the interesting for these X-Men movies rising up again, reboot would be Fox's last resort. Like hello, they are gonna end 14 year old series (17 years old in 2017) with a Wolverine solo movie.

They also already set the July 2018 release date. And I doubt thats going to Fantastic Four since its 2nd film will be released in 2017.

The FC cast contract expires with APocalypse and who knows If they will resign
Rumors say Jennifer lawrence,who will be biggest star In AAPocalypse with no OT cast In film,and Nicholas Hoult are ready to leave.

If Hugh Jackman Is ready to make third wolverine his last film that means goodbye to OT cast.

So what would make more money a reboot which uses characters familar to GA or X-force which has characters unknown to GA.

Apocalypse will bring a bunch of new actors, including new Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Gambit and co. So how on earth Fox will drop them all right after signing? :funny:
That doesnt make any sense, lol. Any studio signs a new cast or a decent number of new actors to expand the franchise, not to drop them all, and sign a new cast 2 years later. Thats stupid

Your counting your chickens before they hatch. We have no idea which characters will be brought Into Apocalypse.SOme think APocalypse Is going to
be the cyclops,Jean,and Storm origin story. That's a bad assunimation.

It's nightcrawler and Gambit who have been name dropped by them.

Xavier,magneto,and Mystique are going to get a lot of focus In film with this
being last film James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,and Jennifer Lawrence
under contract.

Channing Tantum has met with producers about playing Gambit. That opens door that Gambit will be major new X-Man.

Some are ignoring that X-Men:APocalypse will have some focus on Apocalypse

First class key roles were Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,Beast,and Shaw.

DOFP key roles from sources are both versions of Xavier and Magneto,wolverine,Kitty,and Mystique.

If the time travel of DOFP erases most of OT and wolverine solo films or creates split timeline where they can Ignore everything That went down In OT then all bets are off with who could appear In Apocalypse.

And Stewart hinted at something..

Thank you. Fox is not going to go through the trouble of searching, casting, and signing actors to play Scott, Jean and Ororo plus any others only to drop them after one movie. That makes absolutely zero sense would be incredibly stupid on Fox's part and just illustrate more the fact that they have no idea what they're doing with this X-Universe.

If those characters/actors are in Apocalypse, I'm probably 90% sure they'll be in more than one movie.

And Stewart hinted at something..

If Hugh Jackman Is bailing with series with third wolverine,and that might not
be happening but let's take his word on it for now,that leaves 2 possibiltys

1:There will be a bit of use of OT actors In APocalypse but they are trying to
keep this under wraps for now
2:other OT actors will join Jackman In third wolverine

As of right now i would say 2 Is more likely although the mostly First class sequel and inbetweenequel comments open a small door for Apocalypse.

Thank you. Fox is not going to go through the trouble of searching, casting, and signing actors to play Scott, Jean and Ororo plus any others only to drop them after one movie. That makes absolutely zero sense would be incredibly stupid on Fox's part and just illustrate more the fact that they have no idea what they're doing with this X-Universe.

If those characters/actors are in Apocalypse, I'm probably 90% sure they'll be in more than one movie.

Your counting your chickens before they hatch.

Apocalypse Is conclusion of First Class trilogy. It won't be as some think it will be the Cyclops,Jean,and Storm origin story.

If time travel wipes out or splits off from earlier films there would be no
gurantee all 3 Cyclops,Jean,and storm would be In Apocalypse especilly If Bryan Singer doesn't direct.

Apocalypse may very well using the FC model focus on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,Gambit,Beast,and Apocalypse.

The stars of franchise may be done after Apocalypse and Third wolverine.
And if online reaction Is indication people would hate Channing Tantum as much as they do halle Berry

You keep saying X-Men: Apocalypse is the end of the First Class trilogy, specifically the actors, when there's been no indication that it's done after that. The main four signed on for three movies back in First Class but that doesn't mean they can't be resigned.

Additionally, the only two people they absolutely need to resign back are McAvoy and Hoult. You're making a lot of assumptions based on very minimal information and none of it is really logical.

They're not going to just up and stop after X:A.

definetly. We'll see all the new actors at least in two movies. Dofp is the fourth movie of original actors, so who really thinks Fox will drop all those young actors right after Apocalypse, when they want to expand the universe?

If a good part of original actors has done four movies to date, Fox wont do less with the younger and fresh cast.

Your counting your chickens before they hatch. We have no idea which characters will be brought Into Apocalypse.SOme think APocalypse Is going to
be the cyclops,Jean,and Storm origin story. That's a bad assunimation.

It's nightcrawler and Gambit who have been name dropped by them.

Unfortunately. :csad:

And what about the rest of the FC cast? :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back