Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Imagine if Iron Man wasn't in Black Panther. Might've bombed.

I feel like they knew going into X3 that they wanted to move on to making Origin movies since there wasn't much of a fight to decide what to do they just jumped directly onto planning several origin movies and who could have them.
Wasn't part of it that the actors' salaries had gone too high?

I hated the idea of Iron Man in Homecoming and thought the movie would suck because of it. I ended up loving the movie and Tony's inclusion made sense. Homecoming is actually the movie that turned me around on the MCU since I was pretty meh on it before.

I can't see the same situation happening with the X-men. If anything, relations between mutants and Avengers might be antagonistic a la House of M or Avengers vs X-men. I can't see Avengers crossing over into X-men movies, but I could see X-men crossing over into other MCU movies (Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-man, etc).

I'm annoyed that there's nothing to talk about with Dark Phoenix. I'm still not over pushing this movie back lol.

Wasn't part of it that the actors' salaries had gone too high?

Certainly could have been.

I dunno if thats ever been confirmed to be the reason but its certainly been speculated since we know they were only on contract for 2 movies and that meant payment negotiations.

Last edited:
I don't want to see Iron Man in an X-Men movie. I'd be more interested in seeing Spider-Man work with them like in the Animated Series.

We will have to see whether RDJ stays on as iron man past Infinity war. even though they have kinda made it sound like they could never recast him.

I don't want to see Iron Man in an X-Men movie. I'd be more interested in seeing Spider-Man work with them like in the Animated Series.

Iron man could create the Danger room tech and train the Xmen to be heroes and graduate to be Avengers ....:oldrazz:

But seriously, that Spiderman, Xmen team up in TAS was pretty great.

I’m pretty sure those are Magneto’s and Mystique’s jobs.

I actually thought about adding a whole list of things happening in FOX X-Men universe worse than Tony Stark having a cameo in the MCU X-Men movie. But nah. Your post is enough. :oldrazz:

Or, actual X-Men characters can create the Danger Room. They're more than capable of it. Lol.

Iron man could create the Danger room tech and train the Xmen to be heroes and graduate to be Avengers ....:oldrazz:

But seriously, that Spiderman, Xmen team up in TAS was pretty great.

He'll probably create the image inducer for them like he did in the early comics in 60's

He'll probably create the image inducer for them like he did in the early comics in 60's

I always had it in my head Hank was using a image inducer in X2 when you saw him in the background on TV.

I think an MCU character popping up in the first MCU X-Men movie is kinda inevitable.

Last edited:
Instead of Iron Man, I could see it being Spider-Man or Captain America showing up. (If the latter survives) Marvel will have to integrate them into the MCU and it needs to be made readily apparent to the GA that this X-Men is set in the world of the MCU similarly to Homecoming.

Well i suppose someone has to be there to be like WTF Mutants are a thing? after years of not being a thing.

And thats if they don't go with the X-Men are from a alternative universe idea.

Last edited:
Instead of Iron Man, I could see it being Spider-Man or Captain America showing up. (If the latter survives) Marvel will have to integrate them into the MCU and it needs to be made readily apparent to the GA that this X-Men is set in the world of the MCU similarly to Homecoming.

Exactly why I feel like it's too little too late for the X-Men to be anything more than a after the fact kind of arrangement. Cap could perish and Chris doesn't want to come back so never going to be a crossover there. Hulk and Spider-Man are the only other ones that stand out as options and Spidey is my least favorite of the good options.

Carol Danvers was a member of the X-Men at one point and she's good friends with many of them (especially Beast and Wolverine). There you go, I found your Avenger cameo.

connecting Carol to Rogue would be the smartest move, not to mention faithful.
and Im pretty sure Kevin and Marvel will do it, one way or another. they wont miss this chance, once Rogue is introduced.

Last edited:
latest

Alot of this generally depends on how they do reboot X-Men (if they do) because there are so many ways they could do it that it could take time before any MCU characters meet a fully assembled "X-Men" team or maybe the introduction of Mutants will be more complicated then that.

Last edited:
I think there should be only a handful of mutants in the MCU reboot, with Xavier just putting together his first X-Men.

Let's see it build over a longer time, not rush into an established team and a world full of mutants.

Storm could be introduced in a Black Panther movie, Wolverine in a Captain America movie, and heavens know what they'd do with Jean/Phoenix - maybe introduce her in a Captain Marvel or GoTG movie as having already left earth and existing as a cosmic entity. Maybe that's why Xavier is assembling a team, to go and look for her?

I think there should be only a handful of mutants in the MCU reboot, with Xavier just putting together his first X-Men.

Let's see it build over a longer time, not rush into an established team and a world full of mutants.

Storm could be introduced in a Black Panther movie, Wolverine in a Captain America movie, and heavens know what they'd do with Jean/Phoenix - maybe introduce her in a Captain Marvel or GoTG movie as having already left earth and existing as a cosmic entity. Maybe that's why Xavier is assembling a team, to go and look for her?
:up: This is the route I'm hoping they take. Start from the beginning of the X-Men in the MCU and start to weave the mutant web throughout the MCU. So you have different characters showing up in different movies. People becoming aware of mutants in other MCU films

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"