Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

I have a thought about this whole situation and I'd like to hear your opinion about it. What if they're canceling the movies from the theater only and releasing them later on stream service, dvd, etc? I think that since both movies needs reshoots and also to make visual effects for a movie like this is really expensive, so they don't want to have to spend more money with FX and reshoots. They just want to cut their losses and move on but the movie will be showed later the way it is and with some visual effects that for tv would be good enough but not for theater. For a home movie they don't have to do the reshoots and neither spend a lot of money on visuals. But for they to release on theater they'd have to spend millions of dollars on all that and since the studio knows that the movie sucks, they might just leave it as it is and see if they can get some money from it when releasing digitally later on.

There was only a very small part of the Fox-verse that was R rated.

And there will be zero in Disney.:o

I think the artistry will be diluted by Disney when it comes to X-Men's more mature themes.

I have a thought about this whole situation and I'd like to hear your opinion about it. What if they're canceling the movies from the theater only and releasing them later on stream service, dvd, etc? I think that since both movies needs reshoots and also to make visual effects for a movie like this is really expensive, so they don't want to have to spend more money with FX and reshoots. They just want to cut their losses and move on but the movie will be showed later the way it is and with some visual effects that for tv would be good enough but not for theater. For a home movie they don't have to do the reshoots and neither spend a lot of money on visuals. But for they to release on theater they'd have to spend millions of dollars on all that and since the studio knows that the movie sucks, they might just leave it as it is and see if they can get some money from it when releasing digitally later on.

No. The New Mutants maybe as it is relatively low budget but Dark Phoenix already cost far too much to simply put on a streaming service. Even if it did virtually identical to Apocalypse the film would still be too much of a success to turn away money anyway Disney has no power until the deal goes through. You all forget Disney will be hemorrhaging money by the end of all this. You really think that they will take a 150 million dollar loss? :funny:

All the people saying otherwise are Disneytised.

I like your style

No. The New Mutants maybe as it is relatively low budget but Dark Phoenix already cost far too much to simply put on a streaming service. Even if it did virtually identical to Apocalypse the film would still be too much of a success to turn away money anyway Disney has no power until the deal goes through. You all forget Disney will be hemorrhaging money by the end of all this. You really think that they will take a 150 million dollar loss? :funny:

All the people saying otherwise are Disneytised.

Disney are not going to be hemorrhaging money. They're going to be selling off their Regional Sports Networks that they've acquired through Fox. Reports say that this is likely to be the largest bidding war in 30 years with many potential buyers interested.

And they have to do this within 90 days of the deal, which puts it before the release of DP.

So I don't think Disney are ultimately going to be strapped for cash that they will absolutely need the money from Dark Phoenix.

Disney are not going to be hemorrhaging money. They're going to be selling off their Regional Sports Networks that they've acquired through Fox. Reports say that this is likely to be the largest bidding war in 30 years with many potential buyers interested.

And they have to do this within 90 days of the deal, which puts it before the release of DP.

So I don't think Disney are ultimately going to be strapped for cash that they will absolutely need the money from Dark Phoenix.

Dude I know they had to sell those RSN but i didn't really think about it.

In today's era Live Sports is like the only stuff people actually need cable for in today's times.

All those channels that have exclusive rights to local NBA & MLB teams will be worth a fortune.

162 nights of baseball per team per city. Those channels will sell for $$$

Yes they will Comcast would have been hemorrhaging money and they are a far bigger company monetarily. You're living in a delusion if you believe them selling regional sports is enough to offset the deficit. And also that would be after they acquire so again they would be hemorrhaging money. Not to mention they have zero control of the way that Fox conducts business until the deal is officially approved.

The Disneytisation continues.:whatever:

And there will be zero in Disney.:o

I think the artistry will be diluted by Disney when it comes to X-Men's more mature themes.

The X-Men films haven't been R-rated though. Just the comedy of Deadpool and the blood and guts of both Deadpool and Logan.

Most seem to think that Disney doesn't want these releases to tarnish what they have planned so I don't understand why they would release it at all. Even on a streaming service. Doesn't seem to make sense to release an alternate version of your vision even closer to when your vision is coming out. If it's going to be scrapped (which I doubt) it's going to be scrapped entirely. New Mutants is the only one I see this making sense for because all of those characters are new and Disney probably don't have any immediate plans use any of them anyway.

Fox & Disney Shareholders Approve $71.3 Billion Dollar Acquisition Deal

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/961065-fox-disney-shareholders-approve-acquisition-deal

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

They're saying they expect it to close first half of 2019. I think it's safe to say that it only makes sense to debate on whether New Mutants will see the light of day.

Hooray!

giphy.webp

Start calling the shots now Disney and release Dark Phoenix straight to DVD!

hopefully this gets closed around January or Feb at the latest.

Street Fighter isn't Disney though.

Would the trailer for Dark Phoenix be out then? Or the entire film already hit YouTube! Get that streaming coins! :gngl:

They're coming home, guys. The mutants are coming to the MCU

lol.

nah, XMen will be released. New mutants will depend on Bob Iger and co, I guess.
Maybe they'll watch a screening around March/April and depending on the quality they'll decide. who knows

Save the horror of Dark Phoenix (and New Mutants) in home media/streaming sites.

I'm telling you the anticipation for the X-Men reboot would be larger if the last X-Men film people saw in the cinemas before it, is Apocalypse and not Dark Phoenix.

Yes they will Comcast would have been hemorrhaging money and they are a far bigger company monetarily. You're living in a delusion if you believe them selling regional sports is enough to offset the deficit. And also that would be after they acquire so again they would be hemorrhaging money. Not to mention they have zero control of the way that Fox conducts business until the deal is officially approved.

The Disneytisation continues.:whatever:

This is only partly a cash deal, so there is not a lot of money to hemmorage. The $71B purchase price was split equally between cash and stock, so the Mouse will have to borrow about $35B. They should be getting $20B back with the sale of the RSNs, $2B with the sale of Endemol Shine and probably $12B more if they are outbid for Sky. So the cash piece will be paid back and the rest is stock. I wouldn't worry.

And you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think Disney doesn't have control over Fox licensed Marvel characters now that the two companies have signed off on the deal. Every move going forward will now be dictated by the Mouse.

lol.

nah, XMen will be released. New mutants will depend on Bob Iger and co, I guess.
Maybe they'll watch a screening around March/April and depending on the quality they'll decide. who knows

They may actually be in a good spot with New Mutants, if after the reshoots it ends up actually being good, they can just take over it and improve on the sequels. If it sucks they can just scrap it and no one will really care since we've never seen them on screen before and they can maybe do their own version from scratch a few years down the line.

There's no salvaging that film. Who delays a film 18 months just for reshoots? It doesn't look like New Mutants, nor a MCU film. If Marvel Stud10s wants a New Mutants film, they will do it from scratch!

Why wait til nXt year? When they can do it now! Anyway, it won't be long now! :drl:

This is only partly a cash deal, so there is not a lot of money to hemmorage. The $71B purchase price was split equally between cash and stock, so the Mouse will have to borrow about $35B. They should be getting $20B back with the sale of the RSNs, $2B with the sale of Endemol Shine and probably $12B more if they are outbid for Sky. So the cash piece will be paid back and the rest is stock. I wouldn't worry.

And you are absolutely kidding yourself if you think Disney doesn't have control over Fox licensed Marvel characters now that the two companies have signed off on the deal. Every move going forward will now be dictated by the Mouse.

As far as I'm concerned, Fantastic Four and the X-Men are now under Marvel Stud10s! What a present for their tenth year! :gngl:

Get those films moving for Phase X!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"