• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

So is it really true that the production budget for this ballooned up to already $200 million?

So is it really true that the production budget for this ballooned up to already $200 million?

Nearing it but not quite there. It’s just a few million north of Apocalypse. it went up from its original by about 35million

I'm getting a vibe from reading about magneto's story arc is similar to the freedom force in uncanny x-men books. The cult leader hes been addressing in interviews and being given genosha and wanting to put a stop to jean going against the x-men. basically what mystique did in the comics going against magneto..

In an interview Kinberg said Fassbender also used to read the X-men comic books and was an X-men fan? News to me? Did anyone else know that?

Also doesn't help that Fassy pronounces Genosha the same way Kinberg does...

Not feeling that clip. This is Xavier's arc in this? Being wrong for having the X-Men doing what superheroes should be doing and liking it? Ok. And that last line....oh boy.
Xavier's arc that came out of nowhere. He didn't even form the X-men in this universe. Mystique and Beast did. Someone should tell Kinberg to watch the movies he's been writing since 2006.

The dialogue was utterly cringeworthy in that clip. It's like I am watching a superhero film from the 00's. This is not how two human beings talk at all. Marvel has a racoon talking to a big green man and that sounds more naturalistic compared to this.

I can see why people who have english as a second language like these films a little more.

In an interview Kinberg said Fassbender also used to read the X-men comic books and was an X-men fan? News to me? Did anyone else know that?

Also doesn't help that Fassy pronounces Genosha the same way Kinberg does...

Xavier's arc that came out of nowhere. He didn't even form the X-men in this universe. Mystique and Beast did. Someone should tell Kinberg to watch the movies he's been writing since 2006.

It clear (regardless if he formed the team or not) that Xavier has took on the political face of the X-men/mutants kind On the world stage. And he lets that get to his head.

It clear (regardless if he formed the team or not) that Xavier has took on the political face of the X-men/mutants kind On the world stage. And he lets that get to his head.
Yea because of the 10 year gap...

JLaw also said “We called ourselves X-men” (they didn’t) but I guess now she’s got a problem with the name.

Again, 10 year gap, the perfect catch-all for creatives like Kinberg and Singer who can’t follow their own continuity.

Last edited:
Not feeling that clip. This is Xavier's arc in this? Being wrong for having the X-Men doing what superheroes should be doing and liking it? Ok. And that last line....oh boy.

I already hate this. Xavier is being gradually destroyed by each successive prequel. He's always falling short, and every new dilemma makes him look more incompetent. It wasn't an issue for me until Apocalypse. That film had him chastised by Raven for being naive and unprepared for conflict, something I didn't buy after his experiences in First Class and DOFP. It felt manufactured to give Charles something to learn and Raven some wisdom to impart.

But this scene? Oh boy. They've just switched places, and now Charles is so invested in heroism that he's putting his kids at risk? I'm not sure it would grate on me so much if it wasn't framed as though Charles is being a petulant prick. I haven't seen him written so unpleasently since The Last Stand.

What the hell? They really deleted Jean's class scene? That's a shame. That looked very good.

It’s been on the cutting room floor for ages now. From when the UN was still a thing.

I already hate this. Xavier is being gradually destroyed by each successive prequel. He's always falling short, and every new dilemma makes him look more incompetent. It wasn't an issue for me until Apocalypse. That film had him chastised by Raven for being naive and unprepared for conflict, something I didn't buy after his experiences in First Class and DOFP. It felt manufactured to give Charles something to learn and Raven some wisdom to impart.

But this scene? Oh boy. They've just switched places, and now Charles is so invested in heroism that he's putting his kids at risk? I'm not sure it would grate on me so much if it wasn't framed as though Charles is being a petulant prick. I haven't seen him written so unpleasently since The Last Stand.

I actually don't mind a-hole Charles, and his dismissal of Logan was one of the few things I liked about TLS. But with "Release your power" in Apocalypse it certainly seemed as though Writer/Director/Producer Simon Kinberg was going in a different direction with Chuck.

In any case, I'm totally Team Charles. All of these "kids" are at least in their mid twenties. Well past the time to suit up and start world saving.

What's gonna happen to that Simon Kinberg spy film with Jessica Chastain and Sebastian Stan if this bombs and gets terrible reviews?

Wasn't Mystique the one saying "You're not kids anymore, you're X-Men" ten years ago in this story? Now they're freakin' kids again to you? They should have never made her an X-Men member, let alone the damn leader.

Yea because of the 10 year gap...

JLaw also said “We called ourselves X-men” (they didn’t) but I guess now she’s got a problem with the name.

Again, 10 year gap, the perfect catch-all for creatives like Kinberg and Singer who can’t follow their own continuity.

After 10 more years she has decided the team should call themselves X-Women :o

It’s been on the cutting room floor for ages now. From when the UN was still a thing.
Yikes. I actually liked that little moment from the tv spot as we only saw Cyclops and Storm teaching in X1.

So why bother adding it to the tv spot then?

Wasn't Mystique the one saying "You're not kids anymore, you're X-Men" ten years ago in this story? Now they're freakin' kids again to you?

Yeah. The same who said "mutant and proud". Remember?

So why did Raven need to shape shift for that scene? Especially she already entered the X-mansion in her true form. Geez.

Yikes. I actually liked that little moment from the tv spot as we only saw Cyclops and Storm teaching in X1.

So why bother adding it to the tv spot then?
I liked it too, it was just a disconnect from the title to the space mission scene that took too long. I personally love the idea of the scene of them teaching and in various places around the school at work being called to duty.

It’s there the same reason why the mall brain freeze scene was in Apocalypse’s tv spots, ect. That reason is anyone’s guess but I would assume it’s the same lol.

I'm not going to take joy in this movie underperforming (which will happen) rather, I will feel pity for the creatives of this franchise. Because it didn't HAVE to be this way. Nobody forced Kinberg to make the decisions he's made that will conclude next week.

It's a shame that as a lifelong X-Men fan of 25 years, I'm not excited at all for this movie. I'm seeing it out of a courtesy to the franchise I grew up with but I feel almost embarrassed for this franchise at this point. Embarrassed for Kinberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"