• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

But so much quality.

Absolutely.

But there are extremely talented POC actors too, who unfortunately don't get as many opportunity as white people get. Storm could (and should) easily be one of the faces of the X-Men, among other POC characters.

It could've been a talented and diverse cast. But they chose to focus on white characters instead.

BoxOfficeReport.com‏ @BORReport
Next weekend's estimated location count for Dark Phoenix is 3,500.

This is too low for a superhero movie.

on average these films usually get 4000-4100.
SLOP2 will have 4,400 even with a horrible pre-sale.
Simon Kinberg explains Dark Phoenix's release date
Simon told Collider: "We looked at that date versus the February 14 date, the studio did and we did, we felt like that June date was a bigger opportunity for us globally.

"More screens, more IMAX screens, a better chance to play in China where these movies have a massive following. What we found when we released the trailer was that 44, 45 million views of the trailer were in China alone ... Specific for us, it is an opportunity to be a bigger movie day-and-date globally."

And before someone shouts "Fake News!" watch the video to hear it directly from the horse's mouth:

Why do people still believe anything this guy says?

Last edited:
Diversity is the message of Kinberg and is the message of the X-men. In many ways Kinberg is synonymous with X-men. A powerful caretaker and gifted steward he remains. I can’t wait to see his transition to the MCU to oversee the array of projects they will want his expert and skilled focus on

Posted this before in another thread but still can't get over the fact that in Dark Phoenix(which is set in the 90's)Kinberg expects us to believe that James Mcavoy in a decade will turn into a 50-something year old Patrick Stewart in 2000. :funny:

Posted this before in another thread but still can't get over the fact that in Dark Phoenix(which is set in the 90's)Kinberg expects us to believe that James Mcavoy in a decade will turn into a 50-something year old Patrick Stewart in 2000. :funny:
Eh. All those Britishers look alike. :oldrazz:

Just a reminder to everyone.....you can disagree with what someone says all day long....just as long as you do it civilly and don't insult them.

Why do people still believe anything this guy says?
I don't. I played 1 interview of him posted here yesterday, and I stopped when he said, he always wanted the film to be the culmination of the series. I've been avoiding to read/watch his interviews because its gonna contain a lie and its just irritating, and that interview that I watched yesterday was another example.

I thought the delay was for post production. that china blah blah is obviously pr story. lol
they didn't want to admit the huge reshoot thing.

Here's a quote from Kinberg in this interview that I find...interesting to say the least.

I recommend the rest of you read the whole interview that I've linked. Nothing too earth-shattering in terms of revelations but its a good read nonetheless.

Well which is it? Was the ending changed because it was too similar to another film, or because certain arcs didn't come together clearly?

So he still thinks Gambit is coming out next year?
This is an older interview but this is the same guy that was doing interviews hoping F4 2 was still happening long after the first movie bombed.

Kinberg said he wanted to introduce more comic accurate elements but the film would need to be 4 hours per his interview recently. He obviously can’t make the film that long given the studio. If he were on his own obviously he would have done it, that’s how much respect and care he has for the source material. A devotion of intense desire

so I got confused bt the timeline of reshoot.
it's 3month including pre production(set building thing), but 3wks with cast. right?

it's 3month including pre production(set building thing), but 3wks with cast. right?

Precisely. Stretching to 4 weeks with the casts.

It sounds like mismanagement to me. Who destroys sets, when a lot of blockbusters do reshoots/additional shoots especially cb films? I remember Singer said they stored the Cerebro / subbasement sets in the Fox lot after X1 just incase they might need it for the sequel and they did. While the Disney deal wasn't even finalized when Dark Phoenix finished filming way back in 2017. Kinberg isn't new to film production, not to be aware that his 1st directorial film might need additional filming. Another problem for this film.
So he still thinks Gambit is coming out next year?
They have a great script that 3 directors abandoned the project.

I wonder what production budget for Dark PhoeniX would they give to box office mojo. According to Wikipedia its 200 million.
is Moira in this?
No.

Last edited:
Kinberg has been quoted in a video as saying "2 1/2 weeks reshoot with the first unit" but again this is Kinberg saying this, so up to you if you believe him. Can a first time director really reshoot 1/3rd of a big budget movie in 2 1/2 weeks? Can any director?

The number I've heard from my source was 40+ days.

It sounds like mismanagement to me. Who destroys sets, when a lot of blockbusters do reshoots/additional shoots especially cb films? I remember Singer said they stored the Cerebro / subbasement sets in the Fox lot after X1 just incase they might need it for the sequel and they did. While the Disney deal wasn't even finalized when Dark Phoenix finished filming way back in 2017. Kinberg isn't new to film production, not to be aware that his 1st directorial film might need additional filming. Another problem for this film.

They have a great script that 3 directors abandoned the project.

I wonder what production budget for Dark PhoeniX would they give to box office mojo. According to Wikipedia its 200 million.

No.

You can’t store a massive outdoor United Nations sets that required extensive permits to even get there in the first place....

It’s like Game of Thrones production saying “alright time to pack away King’s Landing until next time”. No they destroy it and remake what they need each time on a separate seasons budget.

Last edited:
Fassbender did an interview with Firstpost where he revealed what the final scene of the movie is. X.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"