Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Well okay, maybe Disney would gain something, but it's still not the same as WB giving up on Mowgli. Netflix paid them for the movie.

And honestly I can't imagine the Apocalypse sequel is what will convince people to subscribe to Disney's new streaming service. They'll probably do it for... literally everything else.

It is, absolutely. Believe me, at this point I couldn't care less about DP. I'm just trying to be realistic.

i'm pretty confident there's a few people in here alone who would joing a streaming service just to see these 2 movies

hell i joined hulu just to watch runaways

https://twitter.com/XMenFilms/status/1022946795045847040

FYI the sourcing on this is 100% legitimate. Dark Phoenix is still happening, despite what someone on a internet message board or YouTuber tries to tell you.

lol that's the cheapest looking twitter graphics i've ever seen i don't buy that more than i buy anything else.

lets wait for actual people involved to comment

plus.. even if the film finishes, doesn't mean it's getting a theatrical release and won't go directly to streaming services regardless

Last edited:
I think we can all agree this is a very difficult subject. There are pros and cons to both sides. I personally love all the X-Men films except for Origins (which has a few good things in it). Some are more flawed than others. A couple are some of the best comic book films in my opinion. There is so much good with the casting. It'd be a shame to do away with the legacy of Stewart and Mckellan, as well as Hugh Jackman, Fassbender and Mcavoy. The timeline is a bit jumbled.

I can see why you'd want a fresh start, but it will be hard to let some of this go.

why would "people involved" comment on such a nonsensical claim from a message board user named slugzilla?!?

because it's gone past that...

and just because someone apparently posted the info on here doesn't suddenly disprove anything either...

there's really no good reason this film would continue with a wide release

more importantly, none from these twitter reporters know Bob Iger personally (I highly doubt it, lol) so none of them know what Bob will decide, basically.

They seem so pissed when someone else gets an article, dont you guys notice? its like they get mad each time a site creates an article based on a rumor, like if they missed their chance or something, its quite childish imo. They are so shady with each other constantly, thats why I cant trust them 100% either.

didnt Shawn Madden work for Heroic hollywood but the site ended the relationship with him for "whatever reason"?

and Jeremy conrad has a friend or something who watched the Dark phoenix screening, he didnt watch it himself, so he's also talking from a "my friend told me" point of view lol. and lets not talk about Christopher something :funny:

I think we can all agree this is a very difficult subject. There are pros and cons to both sides. I personally love all the X-Men films except for Origins (which has a few good things in it). Some are more flawed than others. A couple are some of the best comic book films in my opinion. There is so much good with the casting. It'd be a shame to do away with the legacy of Stewart and Mckellan, as well as Hugh Jackman, Fassbender and Mcavoy. The timeline is a bit jumbled.

I can see why you'd want a fresh start, but it will be hard to let some of this go.
This is very true.

That’s the issue I find here. I’m ready for a fresh start but let’s not forget that this franchise has lasted 18 years. That’s most of people’s lives including mine. People still love the casts and what the X-Men movies have done. A fresh start is definitely needed but people will be ready for it eventually. I don’t know why people have to have a go at each other just because some people want Fox X-Men films to still be a thing or the original cast etc.

It is ironic that fans of the FC cast that years ago were telling fans of the OT cast, quite dismissively, to MOVE ON are now unable to in fact MOVE ON.

why would "people involved" comment on such a nonsensical claim from a message board user named slugzilla?!?

The oddly named user who has the DOA Foxverse loyalists in an uproar called the trouble behind the scenes on New Mutants long before it got its extended delay. That's a much better scoop than we've ever gotten from the other so called insiders on this thread.

But rather than just ignore info they don't want to hear, supporters of the soon to be cancelled series insulted him and attempted to dox him. Disgraceful.

Kinberg replied to a fan on ig a few hours ago and confirmed Dark Phoenix still comes out in February as planned.

Kinberg replied to a fan on ig a few hours ago and confirmed Dark Phoenix still comes out in February as planned.

Well that doesn't mean much because he still thinks he's doing a trilogy and that Fant4stic was a good film that deserves a sequel.

It is ironic that fans of the FC cast that years ago were telling fans of the OT cast, quite dismissively, to MOVE ON are now unable to in fact MOVE ON.

I doubt FOX fans will skip the movie

Haha all these idiotic pontificating just got destroyed in one foul swoop!
:lmao:

because it's gone past that...

Because ****** sites like Comic Book Movie and Cosmic Book News posted the bs for clicks. Their is a reason these sites have been banned here for a decade.

and just because someone apparently posted the info on here doesn't suddenly disprove anything either...
lol ok.

wtf does that mean? I personally do not want this film released. But why tf wouldn't it? it was given a 150+ million budget. It was given a release date. A **** ton of money (the most important thing in Hollywood) was spent on it and time has gone into it. Why would FOX choose not to release it, as opposed to the other 30 films on their release calendar? Why would they take such a massive loss, PLUS all the legalities and lawsuits that would arise?

"Cause Disney!"

Um. Disney does not have ANY say until the deal is finalized sometime in 2019. That's a fact. And guess what?

tenor.gif

It's "one fell swoop." If you're gonna make fun of people at least try to use the correct terminology :hehe:

If your going to believe someone about rumors don't start from a random guy in a comic book message board named Sluzilla...

Oh I'm dead. :lmao: Pathetic.

If your going to believe someone about rumors don't start from a random guy in a comic book message board named Sluzilla...

Oh I'm dead. :lmao: Pathetic.

Where did I say I believe or don’t believe slugzilla? As C. Lee has told us on the New Mutants thread, I’ve actually been ignoring “Sluzilla”’s posts. Imagine that, we don’t actually have to read every single post on here. You seem so bothered by his posts, if only there was a way for you to not read them...

Also the correct word is “you’re” not “your.” Come on that’s such a gimme. If “you’re” gonna be condescending to people at least do a spell check! Man, between this and the Disney/Fox deal, it just hasn’t been “your” day has it?

Last edited:

No, you just don't like the franchise and want to see MCU X-Men faster. Apocalypse, which was a bad film, made $500+ million. So there's your reason.

Where did I say I believe or don’t believe slugzilla? As C. Lee has posted on the New Mutants thread, I’ve actually been ignoring “Sluzilla”’s post. Imagine that, we don’t actually have to read every single post on here. You seem so bothered by his posts, if only there was a way for you to not read them...

Also the correct word is “you’re” not “your.” Come on that’s such a gimme. Man, between this and the Disney/Fox deal, it just hasn’t been “your” day has it?
I'm on my phone when posting so sometimes it completely changes my wording but talk about "bothered" who puts this much focus on two words in posts? Again sad and tragic. So desperate because your hope of having Dark Phoenix canceled are dashed. Trying to save face by saying you weren't egging the same dialogue on is pretty unfavorable also.

And what a cowardly thing to do to put someone on ignore. I never once even heard of this user until yesterday so not really "bothered" as much as just stating facts but you go ahead and stay pressed if you choose about two words.:up:

And weren't you just calling me juvenile?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"