Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Yes. They're already established and would fit in perfectly with Infinity War Part 2.

Fake news. FOX already spent a fortune on the film. No way it's getting cancelled.

this really doesn't hold up... if Marvel/Disney thinks for a moment (which is fairly obvious they would) that this film getting released would hurt or damage their newly acquire property.. they most certainly would.. and FOX has absolutely no stake in it now.. if the film is released.. DISNEY would be making the money off of it.. so it wouldn't be all that hard for Disney to persuade anyone still pushing for it at FOX and any legal issues could and would likely easily be compensated.

There are only two users which we all know who they are negative about this. Just one thought?

When was the las time this forum WAS THIS POSITIVE AND HAD SO MUCH HOPE? Some of you Kinberg/Fox X-men defenders should ponder on that.

90% positivity versus controversy and divide. What does that tell you?

It's a non issue.

Majority of SHH never comes down here anyways. It's only like maybe 20 of us if that that post down here.

Once Dark Phoenix is over with the rest of the hype will start to migrate here. I can see alot of the old guard going the way of Harry Oscorp after he cracked over the MCU Spider-Man

Welcome to bland obvious storytelling and corporate mandation. Yeah sounds amazing.:whatever:

And the country would be America as they tend to frown upon hostile takeovers.

well not under the current political atmosphere for sure.

Feige will now adjust his plans, no doubt about it.
what movie will come before the rest? we have no idea.

could be f4, could be x-men, could be silver surfer introduced first.... or Storm introduced before anyone else. anything can happen now.

Ironman was the first avenger introduced, then Hulk, then Black Widow.
Lets see what Feige plans for our dear X-Men and if he follows a similar pattern

It will likely be F4/Surfer id wager

but i do think they will "build and grow" the X-men side of things... we will probably see a few pop up in other films and venues.

I really want this joke in MCU X-MEN

X-MEN on the "BLACKBIRD" not X-JET

Somebody doesn't matter who maybe Rogue for example

*Looks at her costume made of UNSTABLE MOLECULES*

Rogue: You all actually go outside like this sugar?

Cyclops: What would you prefer..... Black Leather?

hah! id love this

so to keep with the theme of the topic... and while the film would be a ways away story wise (at least 1 film prior too) what would you guys like to see in an MCU Dark Phoenix story?

Hellfire Club and the Shi'ar please!

A black leather call back joke would be great. Especially with mcu X-men costumes.

Why don't you give some warning that it's Grace Randolph on the end of that? Instead we have to suffer her grating voice right at the start!

Hater. I like Grace. She's very smart and has pretty good taste if you ask me.

I'd be entirely unsurprised if Disney ****-canned Dark Phoenix and New Mutants. It's a 71 billion dollar deal, they won't give a damn about a couple of hundred spent on two movies.

If Big Kev Feige wants to stick a fresh bunch of X-Men into the MCU then this series is utterly dead.

^Yup, WB just shelved their big budget Jungle Book movie to Netflix. DP will get delayed and get moved to streaming as well.

^Yup, WB just shelved their big budget Jungle Book movie to Netflix. DP will get delayed and get moved to streaming as well.

Excellent point. Big budget flicks being released on streaming services is becoming more and more common. And Disney now has control of two streaming services - Hulu and Disneyflix in 2019 - that need content to compete with Netflix, Amazon, Apple, YouTube, WalMart, etc.

They can put the film on the streaming service as a double bill: "X-Men Dark Phoenix" and the low-budget sci-fi channel "Man Thing". :o

Not the same. WB still made some money out of Mowgli; Disney on the other would gain nothing by scrapping DP.

Not the same. WB still made some money out of Mowgli; Disney on the other would gain nothing by scrapping DP.

they really don't gain anything period...

pros:
-they possibly make some money off a film the public knows they are rebooting, and a movie they themselves have no interest in.

cons:
-they still lose money on a under-performing film

- they spend money to promote the film, still creating a loss

- the movie is great, well recieved, and Disney has to delay an X-men reboot to not alienate fans

- the movie is awful and the public has no interest in a rebooted x-men franchise

the best option they have is to not spend more money on the film with re-shoots, promotions, and advertising. Cut the costs, pay off investors if they lost any money, and sell it to netflix/hulu/direct to DVD and make some money off of it that way. without risking hurting the brand or expanding the debt

Excellent point. Big budget flicks being released on streaming services is becoming more and more common. And Disney now has control of two streaming services - Hulu and Disneyflix in 2019 - that need content to compete with Netflix, Amazon, Apple, YouTube, WalMart, etc.

I want to believe it's possible. Just dump Dark Phoenix and New Mutants to their streaming service.

My disposal and expectations for DP was so low... now after this deal is non existent. I just want this movie to disappear and get a fresh and quick start at Marvel.

Except content for their streaming service that could bring in subscriptions and a possible bugger return on their investment than had they released two possibly bad X-men movies just prior to making their own.

Edit: Basically what everyone else said. lol

I think losing some money is better than ruining the public’s perception of X-Men which will make Marvel Studios’ plan to integrate the mutants to the MCU much harder. Do you think after bidding 77 billion for Fox, Disney would take that chance?

Well okay, maybe Disney would gain something, but it's still not the same as WB giving up on Mowgli. Netflix paid them for the movie.

And honestly I can't imagine the Apocalypse sequel is what will convince people to subscribe to Disney's new streaming service. They'll probably do it for... literally everything else.

I think losing some money is better than ruining the public’s perception of X-Men which will make Marvel Studios’ plan to integrate the mutants to the MCU much harder.
It is, absolutely. Believe me, at this point I couldn't care less about DP. I'm just trying to be realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"