Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

No, he never did because he was always protected by been part of a team.

Kinberg reminds me of that kid in high school who used to do nothing on a team work project but gets the reward. when he (that kid) is forced or so proud to work on his own to prove a point he is exposed as a fraud.

He has been saying how he was so part of what made Logan,Deadpool and DOFP great entries to the series and it was never true. Reason he stayed unscratched. now he has no place to hide with dark phoenix and he is going to get scratched. To see how completely foolish Kinberg is, he is the sole writer of the film.

Logan had 3 writers

X2 had 2-3 writers

First class has 4 writers + bryan singer getting credit as the story teller. this worked to his favour as the director of X1 and X2. Vaughn, the director already directed Kingsman and kickass. That is real hardwork Kinberg never did.

Kinberg thinks he could write and direct dark phoenix all by himself? who does he think he is Tarantino? delusional.

Honestly am having fun posting here. I think its fun knowing at least it is getting rebooted in the MCU and I say this as not even the biggest MCU fan, which I am getting called in other forums because I always hated the idea of this movie long before it was released. I actually prefer the best xmen films to the MCU movies especially Logan and Deadpool but at least Kinberg's reign is over and this series can just die after 19 years.

If MCU wants to make their own Dark Phoenix a comedy in 7 years, I will say yes since the story has already been screwed up twice.
I'd rather no more dark phoenix rather than another tbh. Its quite a shame, because Sophie was really the highlight of this flim

I'd rather no more dark phoenix rather than another tbh. Its quite a shame, because Sophie was really the highlight of this flim

Was she really? All the scenes from the trailer her face always looked meh. for me she was always a miscast.

Back to her face from the trailer, it always looked bad. please compare both pictures. it is beyond shocking to think Dark Willow from Buffy that was greatly inspired by the dark phoenix saga comic does a superior job nailing the character.
dark-phoenix-1-2000.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

A TV Shows inspired by an xmen comic kills the actual movie. That is Kinberg

This movie won't have lasting damage on the brand. It will come, it will go, it will be forgotten. The only lasting impact it may have is Marvel Studios may just not use the Dark Phoenix storyline when they bring in the X-Men. Which honestly, is not the worst thing in the world to me. Can we have Jean just be a hero for a while? Must we always shoehorn her into being the Dark Phoenix so quickly? What happened to Jean Grey? Or Phoenix Jean Grey with the green outfit? Why don't we ever get that version? I can live a lifetime without the Dark Phoenix at this point.
If Marvel ever adapts Dark Phoenix, it won't be for long, long time. And should they ever decide to touch upon the story again, the X-Men will have a decade+ development and investment from the audience. Jean's character will be a fan favorite that audiences are invested and love. So the Dark Phoenix will have the impact, the grandiose and scale it's suppose to have. Much like Endgame was for the Avengers.

That's how I'd do it anyway

Even before this, I was sort of fatigued on this story. So for me, that is a good thing. We can actually explore Jean in more creative ways now.

I'm in agreement with this. A female superhero gains awesome powers and (unlike the fellas) can't control them is more than a tad outdated. There's lots and lots of great X-Men stories for Feige and his team to mine.

One of the few things I liked about Apocalypse was the "Release your power" scene. I was hoping that meant we were going to get Phoenix on the big screen instead of just the dark version. What a shame.

Wow, the best live action adaptation of the Phoenix saga really was Buffy.

Yes. Infact , in that episode of Buffy, Willlow is called Dark Phoenix.

Kinberg thinks we are fools and we don't watch other stuff to see his screw ups.

The reviews are disappointing, but I'm still going to see it to make up my own mind. It can't be worse than Last Stand and Origins for me I guess.

Also, if Marvel casts a younger X-Men team, which I suspect they will, don't expect another telling of this story for another 10 to 15 years.

I'm in agreement with this. A female superhero gains awesome powers and (unlike the fellas) can't control them is more than a tad outdated.
That I can't argue with. Aside from Buffy there are at least three other shows that come to mind which have used this trope.

They've already used up three of their major classic storylines in DOFP, Apoclypse and this. I think they may just go with another X-Men vs the Brotherhood thing for their first MCU outing.

Sad end to the Xmen saga, my friends. Im still going to see it but now my excitement level is zero. At this point im just hoping to turn off my brain for some cool action scenes to some epic Zimmer music.

Last edited:
That I can't argue with. Aside from Buffy there are at least three other shows that come to mind which have used this trope.

Marvel also pulled that same crap in the comics with Wanda.

They've already used up three of their major classic storylines in DOFP, Apoclypse and this. I think they may just go with another X-Men vs the Brotherhood thing for their first MCU outing.

Why do you think they have John Hickman rebooting the X-Men in the comics? Its for the movies. They'll most likely be pulling storylines from his upcoming run.

I do hope the 'Kinberg Cut' is on the Blu-ray, it would boost sales no end, otherwise who would want a stinker in their collection.

I will be seeing the movie, but I'm not sure when yet. I'm doing late duties at work and have plans for the weekend.

I think, from the sounds of it, that this film went through the motions (rehashing X3), made the mistake of putting bored JLaw central again, didn't give Tye and Alexandra enough to chew on, etc. Sounds like the reviewers didn't even like Fassbender this time.

The feminism idea is not good for this movie. Jean can't control her powers, Chastain's alien is a baddie. Not a good example of female representation really. A lot more of 'good Phoenix' would have been great. Singer's plan was to have Phoenix saving mutant prisoners on ships bound for Genosha and i like that. Also his proposed ending with her transcending humanity and heading into space was good. Singer seemed to have a better grasp on what would make this story work, though I do like that Kinberg attempted cosmic elements with the space shuttle, cosmic force and alien race led by Chastain.

Why do you think they have John Hickman rebooting the X-Men in the comics? Its for the movies. They'll most likely be pulling storylines from his upcoming run.

That wouldn't surprise me. Marvel Studios took a lot from Hickman's Infinity run for Infinity War.

That wouldn't surprise me. Marvel Studios took a lot from Hickman's Infinity run for Infinity War.

Yep, and his two books are focused on rewriting X-Men history and introducing an updated team.

I definitely don't want another Raven kind of trope.
I do hope the 'Kinberg Cut' is on the Blu-ray, it would boost sales no end, otherwise who would want a stinker in their collection..
I have Fant4stic, Elektra, Blade Trinity, Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance and Punisher: Warzone.

In fact, the only Marvel movies (from 1998 to 2019) that I don't have in physical format are the phase 3 films (eXcluding Civil War/Homecoming) because Disney stopped releasing them in physical format here in my country. And oh I also don't have Venom. DVDs and Blu-rays are dying here.

Just watched a screening of the movie. It is no Fant4stic but this is probably on par with Apocalypse or Last Stand for me.

The first 30 minutes of the movie felt incredibly rushed with no sense of built up at all. And even though the music was gorgeous and lush, it felt over "scored" to me. Some scenes did not require any music but Kinberg laid it on too thick. The music got tiring at some point.

On the positive side, Sophie was actually quite good and the action scenes were fairly creative. I also thought Jessica did well with the material she was handed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"