Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Yep, and his two books are focused on rewriting X-Men history and introducing an updated team.
Word? I've been so busy with work, I haven't had the time. But I know next to nothing about what Hickman is doing. Had no idea it was full-on reboot

Also, Marvel will probably want to use a new villain for their first outing. Proteus seems like a good choice as a singular antagonist allows them to devote most of the movie to developing the X-Men

The fight in Civil War was about on the level of what I always wanted to see regarding the X-Men fighting the Brotherhood. If they ever decide to use them again.

Word? I've been so busy with work, I haven't had the time. But I know next to nothing about what Hickman is doing. Had no idea it was full-on reboot

Also, Marvel will probably want to use a new villain for their first outing. Proteus seems like a good choice as a singular antagonist allows them to devote most of the movie to developing the X-Men
Its not a reboot, but the usual Marvel comics yearly relaunch.

Also anew character will debut in the comics, but she's not a straight up clone of an eXisting character but ten characters! Marvel Comics and their love for their legacy characters/clones...

Just watched a screening of the movie. It is no Fant4stic but this is probably on par with Apocalypse or Last Stand for me.

The first 30 minutes of the movie felt incredibly rushed with no sense of built up at all. And even though the music was gorgeous and lush, it felt over "scored" to me. Some scenes did not require any music but Kinberg laid it on too thick. The music got tiring at some point.

On the positive side, Sophie was actually quite good and the action scenes were fairly creative. I also thought Jessica did well with the material she was handed.
Feel free to eXpand your review in the user reviews and rate thread! x

X-Men: Dark PhoeniX Rate and Review Thread (spoilers in spoiler tags)

Grand total of 5 lines for both Selene and Red Lotus combined. No lines for Dazzler apart from a musical scene where she was singing.
Thats close to Psylocke's four lines in Apocalypse.

They'll most likely make Sinister the main X-Men vilian in the MCU since he has not been used and his strong internal relationship with the team.

Thankfully, Fox never got the chance to explore that.

Can't wait! x
They'll most likely make Sinister the main X-Men vilian in the MCU since he has not been used and his strong internal relationship with the team.

Imagine if Kinberg didn't ignore Apocalypse and used Sinister as the neXt villain.... that would have been another character in the long list of characters that he screwed up in the films. At least I'm not familiar with the aliens appearing in Dark PhoeniX.

I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but I just can't get over the fact that Kinberg has ruined yet another X-Men film for us.

I was a supporter since Day 1 after hearing Kinberg would be directing/writing. I figured okay he deserves a second chance to redeem himself. Same way Mangold redeemed himself with Logan, maybe Kinberg will wow us. (not trying to compare the two at all, just a poor example).

I hate to say I can't wait to see what the MCU will bring to table with the X-Men because Fox has given us some great films I will always cherish. Reality is the franchise should have ended with DOFP & Logan.

It may be 5 years until we see another X film but I seriously doubt it will be 5 years until we get mutants in the MCU whether its on Film, TV (Disney+/Hulu), or Animation. I'm sure we will get mutants sometime over the next year or so.

I'll still catch this Thursday night. After that...let's see what the new chapter for mutants will be!

My fear is the MCU trying to differentiate by not using certain core characters. Kind of like how Peter and May are the only characters from the Sony movies who carried over to Homecoming.

My fear is the MCU trying to differentiate by not using certain core characters. Kind of like how Peter and May are the only characters from the Sony movies who carried over to Homecoming.

I wouldn't be worried about that. The Fox movies barely used the core characters outside of Magneto, Charles, and Wolverine anyway :o I just hope the MCU actually decides to put some effort into characters like Cyclops for a change.

Its not a reboot, but the usual Marvel comics yearly relaunch.

Also anew character will debut in the comics, but she's not a straight up clone of an eXisting character but ten characters! Marvel Comics and their love for their legacy characters/clones...
Well, that's what tends to happen when Marvel wants to retain a popular template but illustrate new ideas. Not saying I agree with it but that's the way it is.

Definitely picking up the House of X next month. Hopefully it's the "New beginning" that Hickman and Marvel have been teasing

I'd be very happy if they went this route. And making Sinister the primary antagonist also allows Marvel to reintroduce Apocalypse in a fresh way. Fox barely scratched the surface with En Sabah Nur.

I'm thankful that they weren't able to use Sinister in New Mutants. I pray that those Lockheed rumors are false because I want that character saved for the MCU too

Please watch the spoilers in here! I've already read two things I would rather not have known until I saw the movie, like who Chastain is playing. Have some respect for other users.

We do have a review thread.

I saw a few meltdowns on Twitter from FoX-stans that are something to read. Basically blaming Disney for the “death of the superhero movie” by them “making nothing but comedies”...it’s old untrue argument that straight up just shows how deep their denial is.

This movie’s problem was not it’s cast or story concept, but it’s writer, director and execution, it failed on its own, just as Deadpool, Logan and Days of Future Past succeeded on their own.

Kinberg really, really messed up picking Dark Phoenix as the last story and retreading something he already had a hand in messing up. Mr Sinister could have been done great (as long as Kinberg was not directing) and would have been different.

Received good response from my viewing. From the casual movie goers of course. The movie is no where near a disaster like they are making it to be. Better than Apocalypse & Last Stand from my opinion.

I hope they don'tmake drastic changes to the core X-Men characters/ members. Like I don't want to see a hot Wolverine (though we already have that in foXverse) or a dorky Rogue for example.

I'm fine not seeing Magneto and Mystique for the first few films. X-Men in the comics have like 20 core members, that the MCU don't need to make Magneto/Mystique anti heroes and include them in the team, while the Wolverine can take the backseat so Cyclops, Rogue, Storm can shine in proper lead roles. Jean also need redemption since Kinberg screwed up Dark Phoenix twice and Marvel should be careful not to put her in that phoeniX trap again. Also Gambit, Iceman, Kitty, Psylocke, Dazzler, Polaris, Emma Frost, Bishop, the Nightcrawler, the Beast, Angel, Havok, Banshee, Jubilee even Forge... these characters are a lot more intriguing imo than the Guardians, the Eternals, and the other characters that already appeared in the mcu.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be worried about that. The Fox movies barely used the core characters outside of Magneto, Charles, and Wolverine anyway :o I just hope the MCU actually decides to put some effort into characters like Cyclops for a change.

I would have both Charles and Erik missing and presumed dead for the Marvel Studios reboot. There's no need to go over that well-trodded ground again. Put Jean and Scott in Charge of Xavier's School with Emma and the residents of Massachusetts Academy as the baddies.

This is why Fox doesn't deserve this franchise anymore frankly. The Last Stand is arguably the worst X-Men movie ever made... and what do they do? They hire the guy who wrote it to rewrite it and direct a new version. Like... flipping A, man. They've had a decade... and they've given us 3 really good movies...maybe. The rest are mediocre to bad. Fox obviously doesn't appreciate the appeal of the source material in the way that they should.

This thing was awesome, big step up from Apocalypse. Don't listen to the usual-suspect Negative Nancies, oh-Over-20s. It's not X1/X2/DoFP/Logan good, but it tops any of the others. Worth a theater viewing, no question. Kinberg's pretty much second only to Singer & Magold as far as the post-2000 superhero flick, it's above average. Raimi/Nolan sequel level stuff.

I expect a “new” announcement for New Mutants in the summer.
That’s my fear too. Mostly that Feige won’t use Jean.

Storm and Cyclops are safe.

Received good response from my viewing. From the casual movie goers of course. The movie is no where near a disaster like they are making it to be. Better than Apocalypse & Last Stand from my opinion.

People are gonna look at that RT score and assume this is Fox’s Jonah Hex though. Lol

I would have both Charles and Erik missing and presumed dead for the Marvel Studios reboot. There's no need to go over that well-trodded ground again. Put Jean and Scott in Charge of Xavier's School with Emma and the residents of Massachusetts Academy as the baddies.
Charles being dead before the X-Men are even introduced? That sounds like something Fox would do (no offense). Charles needs to be in the first movie. Unlike Erik, he's basically the foundation of the franchise. They just don't have to focus on him. Thats like dropping Aunt May from Spider-Man or Alfred from Batman.

And there are actually a dozen Charles-essential stories from the comics that Marvel can explore in this version that Fox never used

Storm and Cyclops are safe.
I hope Psylocke, Rogue, Angel, Gambit, Polaris, Dazzler, Jubilee, Emma Frost and Iceman are safe too.

Though I don't know what they'll do with Colossus especially if they are keeping the Deadpool films under the foX banner. I couldn't care less about Cable and Domino, but Colossus is a core X-Men member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"