Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a DP teaser from Fox any day now.. ya know, to upstage Avengers xD

I expect a DP teaser from Fox any day now.. ya know, to upstage Avengers xD
I hope not, at this stage any VFX are probably gonna look weak. Or, we don't get any VFX at all, and mostly dialogue scenes, which would be even less exciting.

They should take their sweet time.

What so you think marvel will pik and choose which films stay in their rebooted universe? What about the shows? Are they out? Its no less messy, infAct more so.

As for kinberg doing his own thing its no different to marvel and Dc

they aren't going to pick and choose everything will be out.and deadpool is part of x-men cinematic universe.it's in present while dark phoenix is in 90's.of course when rebooted by feige that will change.

legion and gifted ar ein seperate universes but both could be axed since marvel may want tv shows part of mcu.

If they are to move I wouldn't mind X-Men getting their own main series films or the likes of Beast and Wolverine joining an Avengers film. Even Magneto coming into the MCU would be great and Doctor Doom would be epic and probably fit right in.

I'm excited by the prospect. I don't hate the Fox films I think they are changing up the genre in a great way with Logan, New Mutants and Deadpool. If a Sony type deal were made that allowed Fox (or a Disney subsidiary) to keep making their R-rated films in a separate universe and merge a rebooted X-Men team into the MCU then even better. We'd also likely see much more X-Men related media appearing like video games, TV Shows and animated series.

I really like the build-up from the first part of the trailer, but I didn't like how it looked visually either. Thanos is about as jarring as Steppenwolf. Guess I was just expecting something different.

my intrest in infinity war is some of heroes especilly since this and followup film likely their last ones.even in comics i never cared about thanos.

Im not talking about users who speak with common sense, logic, respect and without an annoying attitude. It wasnt about you.

I'm not necessarily trying to be combative with you particular either. It's just frustrating how people are in this nebulous fog thinking all is rainbows and butterflies at Disney and every itch will be scratched for everyone when that is a huge fallacy.

They already have robbed connection between X-Men and Avengers by stripping Wanda and Pietro of their mutant heritage and Magnus' perternity. They tried to mak Inhumans happen and failed miserably. Excuse me if I'm not jumping for joy.

I hope not, at this stage any VFX are probably gonna look weak. Or, we don't get any VFX at all, and mostly dialogue scenes, which would be even less exciting.

They should take their sweet time.

Like IWs looked... my goodness.

As much as I like the xmen universe (I've watched all movies in theaters and own all movies), I am 100% ok with Disney taking over the franchise. The xmen films are in need of a better creative team and fresh eyes. Plus we will finally get merch, video games, and cartoons.

Says the person named MarvelU... no offense but I question your objectivity.

If they are to move I wouldn't mind X-Men getting their own main series films or the likes of Beast and Wolverine joining an Avengers film. Even Magneto coming into the MCU would be great and Doctor Doom would be epic and probably fit right in.

I'm excited by the prospect. I don't hate the Fox films I think they are changing up the genre in a great way with Logan, New Mutants and Deadpool. If a Sony type deal were made that allowed Fox (or a Disney subsidiary) to keep making their R-rated films in a separate universe and merge a rebooted X-Men team into the MCU then even better. We'd also likely see much more X-Men related media appearing like video games, TV Shows and animated series.

they aren't going to be seperate.everything will be rebooted.it's only matter now when they announce it not if.

magneto inless he is totaly reimaged won't be in mcu besides most are excited for this so magneto will never be used again.

magneto backstory is tied to wwII,Holocaust,and fearing mutants will suffer as his family did.way too dark for mcu.

It's just frustrating how people are in this nebulous fog thinking all is rainbows and butterflies at Disney and every itch will be scratched for everyone when that is a huge fallacy.
The pro FOX people are also under the idea there's nothing we could get from X-Men that these movies aren't giving us.

Sorry... I don't feel bad for wanting a Marvel Studios X-Men. Again: if it is a crime, sue me!

I hope you're beating the same tune if this movie doesn't respect the Dark Phoenix Saga at all and is instead something Kinberg made up.

Not that I don't already think that statement is wrong, I mean how much have they respected Claremont's work the last few years?

What i mean with respect Claremont is not to make the totally copy of his work.
But continues to bring life to that charaters the intense way Claremont did and at the same time have an authorial vision like he had.

As Claremont changed several things when He arrived, so the movies could make change.

I prefer see a totally different Dark Phoenix Saga, but with the quality we see in Charles ed Erik, than a copy with characters like Disney ones.

(and, let's say that Civil War is far away to be a faithful adaptation...so we have the prove also Disney make different adaptations)

The pro FOX people are also under the idea there's nothing we could get from X-Men that these movies aren't giving us.

Sorry... I don't feel bad for wanting a Marvel Studios X-Men. Again: if it is a crime, sue me!

Who ever said or implied that? Most if not all the complaints I see are X-Men fans just wondering if the ends justify the means with this merger.

Also that last part is just team too much please calm yourself down it's not that serious...

Who ever said or implied that? Most if not all the complaints I see are X-Men fans just wondering if the ends justify the means with this merger.
I've seen posts on other forums from people saying X-Men at MCU would be the same but with jokes.
Also that last part is just team too much please calm yourself down it's not that serious...
LOL, I say that in absolute jest.

so i guess it's crime for those who spend money and time on x-men cinematic universe not to want all that destroyed for reboot.

I am sick to death of reboots so regardless this is my attitude towards any franchise is facing reboot.

funny how people without seeing a frame of footage of dark phoenix can declare it failure but god forbid others take a look at feige's track record and
conclude he would never make films like x-men,x2,dofp,and logan.

As much as I like the xmen universe (I've watched all movies in theaters and own all movies), I am 100% ok with Disney taking over the franchise. The xmen films are in need of a better creative team and fresh eyes. Plus we will finally get merch, video games, and cartoons.

totally agreed. Both studios have pros and cons, but Marvel getting the rights would have a lot of pros, not only the X-Men would be front and center and the real stars of the franchise, but Marvel would use the x-men in all entertainment mediums, as you mentioned. So sounds like a win-win situation.

I'd just be sad for the young cast, because I think they deserved another movie as the leads, and for New mutants, that wouldnt get their trilogy, but in the long term, its for the best, I think.

totally agreed. Both studios have pros and cons, but Marvel getting the rights would have a lot of pros, not only the X-Men would be front and center and the real stars of the franchise, but Marvel would use the x-men in all entertainment mediums, as you mentioned. So sounds like a win-win situation.

I'd just be sad for the young cast, because I think they deserved another movie as the leads, and for New mutants, that wouldnt get their trilogy, but in the long term, its for the best, I think.

What makes you so sure of that?

feige wouldn't make x-men front and center.they would just be another part of MCU.

it's win for mcu fans and lose for x-men cinematic universe fans.

What makes you so sure of that?

the facts.

who are the stars of the Netflix shows? the heroes or supporting characters from their comics?............ the heroes: Daredevil, Jessica, Luke and Iron Fist.

who are the stars of the avengers franchise?....... Fury and Loki or the heroes?............ the heroes: Ironman, Cap, Thor, Widow, Doc Strange, Antman and co.

so who will be the stars of the X-Men franchise at Marvel?................................... :cwink:

the facts.

who are the stars of the Netflix shows? the heroes or supporting characters from their comics?............ the heroes: Daredevil, Jessica, Luke and Iron Fist.

who are the stars of the avengers franchise?....... Fury and Loki or the heroes?............ the heroes: Ironman, Cap, Thor, Widow, Doc Strange, Antman and co.

so who will be the stars of the X-Men franchise at Marvel?................................... :cwink:

Oh I interpreted that wrong, though you meant that the X-Men would be the stars at Marvel. They way Iron man, Capt, etc. are now.

I think when it comes to marvel using X-Men i think Luke Skywalker said it best

luke.gif

Most people see it as disney just putting a full stop to the foxverse and then rebooting instantly because of money but lets be honest its not gonna be as simple as that as the FOXverse is too far in and going more strong then people would like to act and Disney will be handed this baggage and will have to make some really tough decisions with it.

Last edited:
Oh I interpreted that wrong, though you meant that the X-Men would be the stars at Marvel. They way Iron man, Capt, etc. are now.

They won't be btw. That's unless Wolverine gets as popular in the MCU as he used to be in the comics then he will overthrow the entire situation and be the main star. It will be Fox's X-Men all over again x100000.

They won't be btw. That's unless Wolverine gets as popular in the MCU as he used to be in the comics then he will overthrow the entire situation and be the main star. It will be Fox's X-Men all over again x100000.
Noooooooo :( Wolverine is finally getting a break. I don't care about Logan's WWII adventures with Captain America. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"