X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lip Registered

Check out what he said he learned from XMA then check out what he said he was trying to do in XMA before the movie was released.

He is full of ****. lol

2. Charzhin0 Registered

Dammit I really want to see a trailer or teaser soon as possible!!

3. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

He learned to make more excuses and make up words to sell the movie.

4. jignat Registered

Get ready to wait 7 months.

Fox generally releases the first trailer for Xmen films 5 months before the movie releases, which means June 2018 when Deadpool 2 comes out.

DOFP 1st trailer came out 7 months before which was unusual.

Given Kinberg's novice status as a director, Im assuming Fox will want to polish the heck out of any promotional material.
    Thats why this movie has 1 year of post production time as opposed to 6 months or so for most Hollywood blockbusters.

5. squeekness The mighty squeek!

Going to be a long wait. :(

6. Phoenix_Flare Registered

The only thing that has me down about this movie is that it’s set in the 90s and thus franchise was its peak back then and it’s sad to know we’re not getting 1/2 of the team. I’d do anything to see Gambit, Rogue, and Jubilee alongside Scott Storm and Jean. Yes Psylocke is rumored to return but she was written as a villain so she might not be a team member. One of the things this franchise has gotten wrong is the whole team in general. Like none of them have their personalities or interact with each other.

7. psyonic X-Man

He really is. If DP gets poor reviews I will not be watching it in theatres, that's for sure.

8. psyonic X-Man

They really sold Psylocke in the trailers, don't be fooled lol.. XMA sucked hard. Funnily the X3 trailer and XMA was pretty good and I would say better than the movies itself.

9. psyonic X-Man

Eh.. I really doubt this. X3 and XMA was pure trash dumpster material. FC was a solid 8/10 to me so I'm still gonna believe Goldman/Vaughan's stuff was used more so than Kinberg's in DoFP.

10. jaymes_e06 Registered

I'm talking about reviews and clips too. Don't worry once bitten twice shy when it comes to amazing trailered movies that has trash films.

11. DACrowe Registered

I actually think he is a pretty smart guy (Harvard and all that). He has produced good movies not related to comics like The Martian, and he also was a producer on Logan and Deadpool. He was on set for those. So I do believe he can legitimately see where those movies worked and X-Men: Apocalypse did not. It's not like, ahem, you need a degree to figure out what is wrong with XMA or X3 before it. HOWEVER, him being able to apply that experience and knowledge into an actual quality movie? I am skeptical, of course. He did co-write X-Men: Days of Future Past to be fair... but I don't think he gets credit for a lot of what worked in that movie, since everyone he has flown solo on... well was XMA.

Point is, I am expecting the worst. But I do believe he did try to learn from Apocalypse. These movies aren't made in a vacuum. Will it still be hack-y? Probably, but I do not think he is the oblivious fool fans paint him to be.

#136 DACrowe, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  12. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Point me to the part of my post where I said he was "left alone with X3 or apocalypse?"

I clearly stated he had sole SCREENPLAY credits on one (apocalypse) and lied to fans on a message board on another (X3).

You've been here long enough to know the actual facts of the goings-on in the franchise, and to know which movies I meant by which statement.

I also clearly stated "unlike DOFP" he's left alone with DaPh. In layman's terms he wasn't left alone with DOFP...Probably a direct correlation to why the movie was good.

That's giving me bad visuals, sorry. Her line delivery and actual lines were bad enough in her scenes in Act 3 of Apocalypse, what's more trying to act/sound like a soldier. It has always been said even by her biggest industry supporters that directors seem to cast JLaw older than she actually is in movies like American Hustle and Silver Linings (which is somewhat related to older actresses being squeezed out of roles in Hollywood). I think it would be funny if she acted all authoritarian towards Michael Fassbender's Magneto and him just ignoring her.

The right call was made by Singer.

So you're trying to prove that Kinberg is a good writer right? On paper (or internet ink) these examples are terrible!

Who here actually thinks JLaw "talking like a soldier" and Quicksilver singing are good and not laugh-out-loud funny? I've never heard Evan Peters sing but this has disaster written all over it. (1) It takes the audience out of the scene (2) It sounds Hela ;) awkward.

Thank god this didn't happen.

Again, good call, IMO. I think hints are good enough for now. Confirming Magneto as Quicksilver's dad to end the trilogy is not necessary, I don't think.

I don't think it would've mattered much tbh.

#137 EnDz0n3, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  13. psylockolussus Disco Mutant

Its easier to look like a "good" producer when you are surrounded by people with more superior talent.

14. GuestStar2004 Registered

And yet it wasn't even changed for the reason you just said.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

At least Psylocke was pretty cool in her unfortunately very limited screen time. :csad:

Step up from the X3 version lol. Some progress!

16. marvelrobbins Registered

when did they ever try to sell psylocke as key character.the haters have selective memory.

apoclaypse was always called conclusion of first class trilogy and culmination of 6 films.they keep saying time and time again while xavier was focal character of dofp magneto would be in apocalypse.on rogue cut dvd it was said mystique key character.

fairly obvious from horseman magneto would be only one with devolpment.storm was here to be re-introduced in new timeline and to join school at end of film.angel and psylocke were clearly in film as henchman/woman for apocalypse.

the film give somewhat focus on cyclops and jean.which haters convently ignore.i still argie jean is real female lead of apocalypse.

i like apocalypse while others don't but some are trying to act like filmmakers mislead them when they really didn't.

17. jaymes_e06 Registered

^^^ You're right. This makes no sense.
    What does Psylocke being in a trailer have to do with Kinberg misleading people? Some of you aren't acting rational with your hate of the guy.

18. marvelrobbins Registered

kinberg mislead people in 2006 on a now defuct message board on last stand.he didn't on apocalypse.
    i have plenty of skeptism on kinberg myself but some go too far in their hate for him.

19. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

No one's arguing that Magneto should've had an epiphany right there and then (especially with those bad lines from Mystique). He was also probably distracted by Mystique's stray hairs blowing in the wind...

And why should Magneto listen to Mystique? LOL

Singer has messed up a lot of 1st tier characters but he arguably knows these characters (especially Xavier and Magneto) better than Kinberg.

psyonic clearly stated "They" and not just Kinberg. Don't be so paranoid and protective of Kinberg.

20. hurrikane2 Registered

So this forum has become the SIMON KINBERG hate forum!!!!
    Did yall know his died died a couple of weeks ago?? do you even care??

21. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

condolences...he died last year though

22. squeekness The mighty squeek!

I didn't know he died at all. :( ...or I forgot.

23. Ene Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

His father died a year ago, doubt that should matter much to the conversation now. I would definitely enjoy if we had something to discuss about the film beyond ****ting on Kinberg.

24. psyonic X-Man

:whatever:

25. fobi Registered

Guess the Disney but out talks have dried up. Back to business as usual! Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.