X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X-Maniac High Evolutionary

We've had 10 films featuring the 'Fox dark' formula, and there are more to come. And yet the key X-Men themselves have often been poorly characterised in favour of a 'chosen few'...

People are ready for change.

I'm not saying that because I love everything in the MCU. I don't. I have hardly any of the MCU stuff on Blu-ray. But many people - me included - are bored and tired of the Fox formula and believe Disney/Marvel would showcase the key X-Men, teamwork, action and SFX much better.

I'm willing to sacrifice sadistic action scenes and blasphemy for that!

2. Frankeh Registered

Exactly, Fox has had its run and some people are bored with it and want something fresh. It’s that simple. Spin offs don’t replace the X-Men.

Regardless, we are getting Dark Phoenix anyway, so we’ll have to see what it brings to the table.

3. Zarex Registered

I doubt Feige and company would have allowed it. No competent writer or producer would have allowed Singer to fridge two more ladies in Erik's life in order to pull yet another heel turn from him.

I would say it depends on if you like the comics or not. If having Hydra with their laser beams replacing Nazis causes you to clutch your pearls, and your preference is for the team to be a victim support group as opposed to superheroes, there's an awfully good chance you won't like the comic book elements potentially incorporated into an MCU version if the X-Men.

4. DACrowe Registered

I'm not going to keep arguing this point. Clearly the deal is BAD for moviegoers and diminishes resources. But you just want X-Men back at MCU so are saying, "Who's to say?" It reminds me of how some voters a year ago might state, "Who's to say Candidate X doesn't know what he's doing or will fear monger and go after the press and minorities? We don't know that is what's going to happen."

While this is a LOT less important and black and white as that, I get it. You want Marvel Studios X-Men and just really don't care about the rest and will pretend it will be all good.

I am simply saying, it will not be. And to pretend otherwise is naive.

5. Frankeh Registered

Good. We can finally move on and stop failing at convincing each other.

By the way, clearly a Marvel Studios X-Men movie will be GOOD for X-Men fans! :cwink:

6. Zant Registered

Lets hope this apparent sale talks between Disney and FOX goes the way of the Dodo and the FOX buying WB stuff. Something that years from now we will look back and laugh at.

7. Frankeh Registered

So like X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men: Origins and X-Men: Apocalypse.

Unfortunately, The Last Stand wasn't just a bad movie but also a free-for-all for harrasment and disgusting behavior :csad:

8. Zant Registered

Lol.....oookay....

9. squeekness The mighty squeek!

I liked the Last Stand. :(

10. The Infernal Mky Mk

Don't worry. Nobody's judging you. :up:

11. squeekness The mighty squeek!

12. marvelrobbins Registered

the reason is looking more and more likely murdochs are doing this so they can buy cnn and add to their propaganda empire.

of course those who are claiming for reboot and X-men in MCU will go everything will be great though feige's track record says otherwise.

first class had more nazis than first avenger did.and i actuly liked first avengers but it did most to have hydra replace nazis.

no studio should have monolphy.disney already too big and this would make it worse.

since downey could be done after fourth avengers film they may not get stark and wolverine onscreen.

13. jaymes_e06 Registered

It is 100% asdured Disney wouldn't know what to do with X-Men. Look no further than the dumpster fire that is Inhumans. They tried so desperately to make them more important than the X-Men to now they are a worse joke than Fantastic Four.

14. The Infernal Mky Mk

I hope the deal goes through. Personally it feels to me as though the X-men are largely played out at Fox by this point. To me the most interesting aspect of the Fox version was the original team which was pretty much put to the side after Last Stand while they planned for side projects then a reboot followed by another reboot.

15. marvelrobbins Registered

rumor is x-men and ff characters are coming to marvel vs capcom game.

if pan out more evidance a sale to disney is likely since no way marvel deuce ceo would put out any marvel game with x-men or ff characters in it.

so sign the end to X-men cinematic universe is coming soon.

more i can blame on murdocks.

16. GuestStar2004 Registered

AOS introduced the Inhumans so they are apart of the MCU now either way, its just a case of now working out what they are gonna do with them or at least the idea of them.

Id be surprised if they straight out pretended they didn't exist now because thats where the MCU starts to crack the moment they decide to throw something out and tell the audience to ignore that part.

17. marvelrobbins Registered

they probally just won't do anything with inhumans in future.

18. Zarex Registered

The FOX-WB deal fell apart in large part because the Murdochs' eyes were bigger than their stomachs.. But the offer put WB on the market which put them on the path to AT&T. If the Murdochs' are committed to selling their entertainment assets the Mouse is as good a landing spot as any.

It's 100% assured that the X-Men would be with Kevin Feige and the movie division and not Loeb's TV group at Marvel Entertainment. I would suspect the Mouse learned their lesson with that one. I would prefer the mutants stay with FOX than they be "Inhumaned".

19. Darepool Registered

This who I hope Marvel casts as Xavier in the reboot.

[​IMG]

20. Darepool Registered

I always assumed you were a poster above the dumpster fire that sometimes occurs in these threads. Guess I was wrong there.

21. Erik Lensherr Registered

lol

22. Darepool Registered

This is who I hope Marvel casts as Beast.

[​IMG]

23. jaymes_e06 Registered

^^^Umm.... thanks?lol

Which is the sad part Marvel Disney should have tried to get all their properties back before Fox made First Class because now it's becoming a **** show and would feel ultra convoluted how they would integrate them into their movieverse now. Even FF though I would be happy seeing them finally where they would be appreciated it would still feel shoehorned in.

24. Darepool Registered

Just imagine the funny gags he could pull off in a wheelchair... I'm already laughing at the thought of Jimmy pulling off a wheelchair wheelie. Comedy gold!

25. Darepool Registered

Just spitballing here, but it's a shame about Legion being so good, 'cause I think Jemaine Clement would have made a deliciously sinister & hilarious Sebastian Shaw if Marvel wanted to do the Hellfire Club...Of course they'd have to change the name to something less traumatic for the kiddies. Adversity Club? Foreboding Club..? He'd never match Kevin Bacon in the role of course, but we can't have everything.

[​IMG]

#100 Darepool, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.