X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]537279[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]536917[/split]

3. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Your outrage is directed at the wrong people. If you want X-men fans to compare X-men A-listers Cyclops and Storm to Cap, then you should demand that A-list status for those characters in the film to begin with.

And not have them play second fiddle to Xavier, Magneto and especially Mystique.

4. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

His reaction wasn't surprising. That poster is never nice to me. He only replies to my posts when he has a negative thing to say.

5. kevork89 Registered

I have a question. We’ve seen Chris Evans and Michael B Jordan both go from Fox movies to Marvel and play new characters. (Ironic both of them were from F4). Do you think anyone of the current Fox lineup could be taken and then used as new characters? I know she isn’t super popular around here but Jennifer was always miscast as Mystique but I could definitely see her in a different role. I would’ve even cast her as Captain Marvel personally but I also love Brie Larson.

Also Marvel have tried their hardest a few times to get Jessica Chastain and she’s turned them down because the characters they’ve offered her haven’t been superheroes. I remember she once said she turned down the female lead in a marvel because they said to her she will be a hero eventually in movies to come but not in that particular movie and I think that was Wasp.

#5 kevork89, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  6. EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I'm not sure what the going rate for the newer cast members of the MCU now (post Avengers 1 where the likes of Chris Evans and Mark Ruffalo were infamously underpaid) but I'm not sure Feige and the higher-ups would want to pay JLaw's $20 Mil pay cheque.

It's not really a big loss, imo (I know that's not a big secret coming from me lol).

I can see James Marsden being recast. Perhaps McAvoy. Not sure why I picked these two though.

7. kevork89 Registered

lmfao

Yeah I was thinking McAvoy too. He is definitely a talent to keep around. Being such a big fan of Anna Paquin I’d love to see her in a role somewhere but it’s doubtful.

8. CyclopsSummers Registered

They would recast old cast (Marsden, Jackman, Stewart ....) to include present x-men in MCU

9. Ordet Registered

Sorry if my post seems a little bit harsh.

I respect all opinions

But i really think that if you think that Homecoming had the essence of Spiderman, then you cannot talking about Spidey by Lee/Ditko, Conway, deMatteis etc.. but you like only the Spiderman by Feige.
    Cause they are totally different Peter Parker in his interior essence, there is nothing that resemble Peter in Homecomig.

And i'm not tallking about May's age or similiar thing. But about what define who Peter is. That is completely missing in homecoming.

So, if you look for the same thing for X-Men, we'are looking for very different mutant essence.

That's my point.

Then, for me, you can change everything if you aim to do a real author's movie. But that's not the point.

I'm not fan of any house.
    So if Disney will make a true movie about the X-Men, I will be the first to be happy.
    But at today, under the mark of Disney (so i don't count Miramax and similar), i don't see a real movie worthy of big screen (that's no meaning that i don't like their movies, it's a different things)

#9 Ordet, Dec 19, 2017
  10. Ordet Registered

About casting:

i thing X-Men saga has the greatest cast ever in cinecomics (with DK saga)

Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence are big A-list while in mcu you can find only Tony Stark Jr. (maybe Ruffallo and of course Bettany, but he is a supporter).

The young ones are promising.

And we don't have very bad actors such the Olsen.

11. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Yes you can.

I’ve been reading comics since early 1970’s, and specifically Spider-man, Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four for early 1970’s to 1990’s I was real fanatical fan, (Daredevil I got really into like late 1970’s on)

You don’t care for the MCU takes? Cool! Your opinion bro.

But don’t say “you can’t be talking about...” because YES they can be.

You are not remotly changing someone’s opinion when you try to correct them when they tell you straight up they can see the essence of the character, especially multiple people. What’s more, you are not convincing anyone either. You have your opinion and that’s cool, but don’t tell others because you can’t see the essence of the character that they are not, just agree to disagree and leave it.

#11 Tymminator, Dec 19, 2017
  12. Ordet Registered

So, what defines Peter for you?

13. kevork89 Registered

Only RDJ, Ruffalo and Bettany lol?

What about Benedict Cumberbatch, Cate Blanchett, Anthony Hopkins, Lupita Nyong’o, Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Natalie Portman, Zoe Saldana etc. All A Listers who are great actors. I love the cast of X-Men but don’t be delusional.

14. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

OK, I’ll share quick thoughts and some example issues I personally love.

Peter Parker was a smart kid who got his powers and although at first he tried to cash in (as any kid would), he learned the hard way that with great power comes great responsibility. He learned when he didn’t try to do the right thing, bad things happen.

So now he tries to fight the good fight, although he still sometimes screws up.

He has the same problems a lot of us have but compounded in some ways, because he is Spider-man so when he wants to hang out with his girl friend or even his friends, he may have to bail. So even those close to him sometimes consider him flakey, but he’s not flakey, he’s out being Spider-man, usually saving them.

Sometimes there are times where he has had horrible tragedy. He has lost several people close to him over the years. This does wear on him so the older he got, the heavier the burden would be on him. That said, although he has experienced darkness, he is not a dark character and he has a code.

He cares about his family and friends tremendously, so from a villains standpoint they are his weakness if they ever find out who he is.

There are several Spidey comics that I feel one can read that are “classic” Spider-man, that really nail the character core, but there are 4 that I love that are not necessarily ones I hear mentioned a lot, but personally mean a lot to me...

The Amazing Spider-Man King-size Annual #3 from 1966, it’s when he first tried to join the Avengers but by the end changes his mind. It’s his first fight with the Hulk.

"The Scorpion takes a bride! (But not the way you think!)"Amazing Spider-Man annual #18

“The Commuter Cometh” Amazing Spider-Man #267

"The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man" is a Spider-Man story written by Roger Stern, a backup story in The Amazing Spider-Man #248. (I really love this story)

I could list more, but those are four that made a big impact on me while reading, but at the same time, they were not the only ones.

15. Ordet Registered

I miss Cumberbatch, yes (also if Fassebender is totally another level)

Paul Rudd well, no.

The other are not the main team (I don't put Oscar Isaac or Dinklage that are very great actors)

16. Ordet Registered

Perfetc, "The Kid who..." is a classic.

I will add the masterpieces by deMatteis (Last Kraven Hunt and all the stories draw by Buscema), the 2 parter death of Gwen by Conway and also a story much less dramatic like the one against Juggernaut /i think by Stern)

The great power/great responsability thing is totally missed in homecoming. All Parker do in that movie is try to made good thing at Stark's eyes.
    When you said about his family, you are right, but it is another thing totally missed in the movie: Parker didn't realize the effect of his uncovered identity, he doesn't really care his friend find out, and he has never really worried about it (in the end of movie....spoiler...also may find out it)

17. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I don’t think it was absent at all, the whole thing with the Vulture was a prime example. All he had to do was go to the dance, be with his friends, be with the girl he likes, stay out of this crazy man’s way and he had zero hesitation still tracking Vulture (and actually saves his life) after a very serious and real threat. He didn’t go after Vulture for Stark, he went after Vulture because it was the right thing to do. And yeah he looked up to Stark because he idolized him, but he wanted to join the Avengers because for awhile he thought he could be part of something bigger and “do more”, but by the end of the story, he realizes it’s being a “friendly neighborhood Spider-man” can make a big difference.

You are right about the other stories you mentioned, and Kraven’s Last Hunt was a great Spider-man story and such a great character piece of Kraven.

#17 Tymminator, Dec 19, 2017
  18. Ordet Registered

Well, at least we agree about deMatteis (but also about the other stories) :yay:

19. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

:up:

20. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Any chance Jessica C could be Deathbird? Or is it for sure she’s a Skrull?

21. Ordet Registered

I think she will be Cassandra Nova. If she were a skrull, why keep that in secret?

22. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Why are we even entertaining him. He called Russo, Jenkins, Whedon "hacks" and claimed that Apocalypse is the third best CBM villain of all time? If that's not poor taste, then...

23. Ordet Registered

Only comicsmovie fans think they are great movie director.
    Then if you think you have more decoding means than people who studied cinema...

24. marvelrobbins Registered

the amout some go to defend feige's version is amusing to me.

in homecoming all parker is worried about is joining avengers.that is all.doesn't care about school and such.total out of character at end of film him suddenly decining.

as you said great power and great responabilty isn't even a thing.

now to show unlike mcu fans i can critze x-mencu i feel in present timeline mutants are a bit too accepted while they didn't completly abanden the allegary.but in mcu reboot they will be even more accepted.

25. SumT Registered

seriously, dont you guys notice a troll when its in front of all of us?

and yeah, as psy said, dont understand why some of you keep entertaining him.

Only Robert D. Jr is the A-list of Marvel, yeah :whatever:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.