X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by Thread Manager, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankeh Registered

I think Sunfire was replaced by Lamar Johnson's character.

We would've heard through the trades of an asian actor being cast, no? I mean originally it was a central role in the casting sheets.

2. Cktopl33 Registered

I think his main point was that the action should be driven by the characters, which he said they're trying to do with Dark Phoenix (supposedly to be the biggest action visual effects x-men film to date according to them). One thing Kinberg is doing differently is spending more time on the visual effects this time around. The film Logan was more character driven but some of the action sequences in Apocalypse, aside from bad choreography, did not connect emotionally with the characters or audience. Which resulted in a 'meh' response.

Some people need to be realistic about costume designs. For example, expecting classic costume designs from the 80s DP comic for when this film is set in the 90s is just unrealistic. Storm's classic costume design, which is almost like a bathing suit, is simply not going to work for these type of movies. I liked her horsemen design in Apocalypse, but the team costumes at the end still looked terrible. That's the only thing those costumes at the end Apocalypse reminded me of....cheap silly cosplay. Even the MCU costumes were changed around a bit to make them look more relevant and less cosplay.

3. Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]538473[/split]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.