Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apocalypse hurt Apocalypse.

That's what I was thinking. psy really has a peculiar hard-on for bringing these up in even unrelated threads.

eh....I could say the same for Bryan Singer who's directed some failed films yet he was allowed to direct another x-men movie. I've never seen a Kinberg directed film and I am intrigued to see how he tackles this in the changing superhero film climate. He seemed to have gotten a clue after Apocalypse and I'm simply ready for anything other than another Singer x-men movie. It'll be Fox's last x-men film before Marvel take over, so might as well. It may not even matter if Marvel does a complete overhaul and recast entirely new actors moving forward like they've done for previous properties they've reacquired.

I'm curious to see what Kinberg does differently. After his experiences on producing successful superhero films like Deadpool and Logan, his stated fondness on direction of films like Civil War....I want to see what he's learned and how he'll apply it in this new climate. I want to see how he uses the actors differently from Singer, what his choice of action sequences are, what the changed aesthetic he's talked about for the film will look like. He's talked about his failures particularly on X3, so he's aware of the pressure I presume. Now that he's been given control over the film (which he hasn't had with this franchise), I can make an informed opinion on what his directing is like, good or bad.

HAHAHAHA

Did you really just compare Singer's batting average of films he's directed vs Kinberg's batting average of films he's written?

Is this a joke?

I'm surprised that Disney is keeping The Nutcracker and the Four Realms on Nov 2nd. It may still move or Phoenix may move because at the end of the day, both films will be Disney films when it comes to the bottom line.

That's what I was thinking. psy really has a peculiar hard-on for bringing these up in even unrelated threads.

I was responding to this post in the Deadpool 2 thread especially the bolded part:
I guess a week before SOLO is better than a week after?

So if anyone feels that Marvel/Disney has some influence at Fox now, this is proof they don't. I doubt they are OK with Deadpool opening up smack dab between Infinity War and Star Wars now.

I was merely giving another example that Disney doesn't have an influence to Fox's scheduling yet since the buyout deal occurred.

I didn't even post that comment here and you are responding to it here in this thread :huh: who's bringing up things in unrelated threads now.:huh: And this isn't the first time you did this to my post that came from another thread.:whatever:

Last edited:
I think I posted that in the Deadpool 2 thread. And I don't think it was necessarily directed at you. It was just in general toward people who might think that. So I'm sort of confused.

No, I just commented to your post and then 2kot9, decided to bring up that post of mine in this thread like as if I just made that comment in that thread out of nowhere.

And the comment above yours is directed to 2kot9.

Last edited:
I was merely giving another example that Disney doesn't have an influence to Fox's scheduling yet since the buyout deal occurred.

I didn't even post that comment here and you are responding to it here in this thread :huh: who's bringing up things in unrelated threads now.:huh: And this isn't the first time you did this to my post that came from another thread.:whatever:

Apologies then since that was the context.

I'm surprised that Disney is keeping The Nutcracker and the Four Realms on Nov 2nd. It may still move or Phoenix may move because at the end of the day, both films will be Disney films when it comes to the bottom line.
The Nutcracker is a Disney film, DP is a Fox film. Disney had nothing to do with the pre production, production and the post for DP. The deal literally just happened and its not closed yet. Everything doesn't just get absorbed by Disney yet. When the deal is finalized then you can say that but no both films are both by opposing studios.

Definitely, I can't wait to see them compete with each other next November.

HAHAHAHA

Did you really just compare Singer's batting average of films he's directed vs Kinberg's batting average of films he's written?

Is this a joke?

Since you based the quality of films Kinberg has never directed as a measure of Kinberg's future directing ability, what else is there to say?

Second, Bryan Singer has nothing new to add to this franchise. And even with Days of Future Past, he repeated the same mistakes he made in the first x-men films he directed. And repeated them AGAIN in Apocalypse. So he clearly doesn't learn from his past. That itself IS the joke. Not interested in seeing more of that. I've grown tired of it.

Are we now discussing who's better especially between Kinberg and Singer? Uh lol. Without those allegations, I would rather have Singer for the fifth time as director than Kinberg. You know what they say, better the devil you know.

Kinbergs always been held back by someone or another. Now with full creative control we can see his potential fulfilled.

Apocalypse hurt Apocalypse.

Wrong marketing (the violet light images, the femminist anger for the Mystica/Apo posters and other little things) hurt Apocalypse

Since you based the quality of films Kinberg has never directed as a measure of Kinberg's future directing ability, what else is there to say?

Second, Bryan Singer has nothing new to add to this franchise. And even with Days of Future Past, he repeated the same mistakes he made in the first x-men films he directed. And repeated them AGAIN in Apocalypse. So he clearly doesn't learn from his past. That itself IS the joke. Not interested in seeing more of that. I've grown tired of it.

Mistakes?
You mean: choice that you didn't like it.
It's very different.

Wrong marketing (the violet light images, the femminist anger for the Mystica/Apo posters and other little things) hurt Apocalypse

Marketing has nothing to do with that. Apocalypse looked absolutely awful with or without the "violet light". And he was awful and ridiculous in everything else ("leaaaaaarrning").

The movie was a mess, the VFX looked ridiculous, it was overcrowded, repetitive, and overall really bad.

And although the whole thing about promoting a movie with violence against women was a very strong and important point (you need absence of any kind of social awareness and sensibility not to get how wrong that was) that poster had little to nothing to do with the movie's failure.

Marketing has nothing to do with that. Apocalypse looked absolutely awful with or without the "violet light". And he was awful and ridiculous in everything else ("leaaaaaarrning").

The movie was a mess, the VFX looked ridiculous, it was overcrowded, repetitive, and overall really bad.

And although the whole thing about promoting a movie with violence against women was a very strong and important point (you need absence of any kind of social awareness and sensibility not to get how wrong that was) that poster had little to nothing to do with the movie's failure.

For you.

For me Apocalypse was better than any film with no sense of cinema by Marvel Studios.
And Apocalypse, the characters, is miles better than the so '90 hypertrophic muppet we have in comics.

X-Men is the Guinea pig... If Fox truly cares about living up to the X-Men's best potential, they would have looked for another director.

X-Men is the Guinea pig... If Fox truly cares about living up to the X-Men's best potential, they would have looked for another director.

I agree.
I have try to get Villeneuve. Or (dreaming) Ridley Scott.
But i can say the same for all marvelstudios. The only good director they picked was Branagh (but ruined by Feinge).

At least at Fox we have had Singer and Mangold. that are gold.

Yeah wrong marketing would be assuming there was something great to market that they missed. There wasn't.

They had to resort to revealing the secret costumes from the very end of the film to get the hype going. And revealing the Wolverine cameo.

I remember reading that they screened the film early for critics precisely because there wasn't enough hype.

For you.

For me Apocalypse was better than any film with no sense of cinema by Marvel Studios.

For you, yes.

Not for most people, the general audience, the fans and the critics too. ;)

Yeah wrong marketing would be assuming there was something great to market that they missed. There wasn't.

They had to resort to revealing the secret costumes from the very end of the film to get the hype going. And revealing the Wolverine cameo.

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back