Days of Future Past 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure the ordinary moviegoer will remember that from what will be eight years ago when DoFP comes out.

But Bryan probably won't want to specifically address any part of X3.

Exacctly.If Fox told Bryan,Matthew Vaughn,and Simon Kinberg as they were devolping story and script that The Last Stand had to remain In cannon with
other films(save Origins which everyone Is ignoring even the wolverine) Bryan will simply get started with Days of future past story and won't

A:Address the cure.If Bryan gives Rogue the Kitty role no mention will be made of her being cured
B:address Xavier's return.No mention will be made of his body being destroyed and his mind In Twin Brother's body.

Iceman and Colossus possable returns may depend on having to fit Last Stand In cannon although the film won't be referenced.

^if general audiences cant remember the very final scene of the last stand i fear for human kind lol

Well not all people who saw X3 are super fans us. So things like that, could easily be forgotten.

But Bryan probably won't want to specifically address any part of X3.

He probably doesn't like X3 simply because he didn't direct it but I hope he doesn't completely ignore X3. Even though X3 and XO:Wolverine weren't that great, they should show some respect to those films and not just re-do/completely ignore them.

Last edited:
He probably doesn't like X3 simply because he didn't direct it but I hope he doesn't completely ignore X3. Even though X3 and XO:Wolverine weren't that great, they should show some respect to those films and not just re-do/completely ignore them.

He tweeted recently that he had a marathon movie session in which he watched all the X-movies. I'd love to have heard his detailed thoughts on that marathon, what he likes, doesn't like, what he would love to improve, etc.

I don't mind if they disregard X3, because an alternate future, or a time traveller who goes from the distant future to a time between X2 and X3 to collect a team before going on to the 60s, gives the ideal opportunity.

But we need to know for sure. If they bring back dead/cured characters, then so be it. I'm not going to have a meltdown. But what I would hope is that the end of the movie leaves potential for more films with some NEW characters, and isn't a difficult ending like SR (where Superman found he had a child)

I have suspecion ending will have the 1960's characters wondering If stopping the assassination prevented the dark future.Now If and If the ending shows us back In future to show future has been changed that could be the x5 Idea that lauren Shueller Donnor mentioned that X4(which we know Is DOFP) leading Into could be another story with original cast while giving first Class actors change to age a bit so a jump to 1970's when they do another film with them.

that seems like a strong possibility.

A X5 on 2016
and FC 3 on 2017

would be ****ing AMAZING!!

if Fox was smart, the new deals they are doing with original actors should include the next sequel.

they are just posting the names they feel are coming back.

They dont tell a close source revealed those actresses will come back too.

I see movie sites are posting whatever they want now, chhhh

I dont believe anything until Bryan Singer, or more serious sites post it, like superherohype or even X-menfilms, which both have contact with Fox.

I see movie sites are posting whatever they want now, chhhh.

Yeah movie sites do that all the time! (well except for Superherohype and X-Menfilms.net - the only websites I visit to read the latest news about the X-Men movies) :woot:

I don't think Rose Byrne should be back, I think they wrapped up her storyline in First Class pretty well, like there is nothing to expect from her anymore. But there's also a Moira McTaggert in the original trilogy, who knows maybe they will have to do something about that.

that seems like a strong possibility.

A X5 on 2016
and FC 3 on 2017

would be ****ing AMAZING!!

if Fox was smart, the new deals they are doing with original actors should include the next sequel.

So are you saying that X-Men: Days of Future Past is the sequel for X-Men 3 and X-Men: First Class. Like they are both X4 and XFC2?

I see movie sites are posting whatever they want now, chhhh

I dont believe anything until Bryan Singer, or more serious sites post it, like superherohype or even X-menfilms, which both have contact with Fox.

I know. Most sites have no journalistic integrity...they think just because they are online they can just post any random info they want!

I am a bit confused from reading all the conflicting news articles. Are Halle Berry and James Marsden confirmed to be coming back? Or are they just in talks? Or WHAT!

Where did they even get this information from?

I am a bit confused from reading all the conflicting news articles. Are Halle Berry and James Marsden confirmed to be coming back? Or are they just in talks? Or WHAT!

Where did they even get this information from?

It all began with The Hollywood Reporter's piece:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-men-ian-mckellen-hugh-397995

The piece says: But Halle Berry, James Marsden and other original X-Men are not yet confirmed to come back for a story that will straddle the 1960s setting established in 2011's X-Men: First Class and the future of the original trilogy, where mutants are a hunted minority.

Then many other sites totally distorted it in one of the worst cases of Chinese whispers I have seen.

On the downside, every other report out there is inaccurate and sensationalised and shows that such sites should be avoided if you are looking for accurate reporting. I'm surprised how some of these sites - which I always thought reliable - have proved to be totally unreliable!

On the upside, it's given some publicity to the project and is a good test of whether people want James and Halle back. Although commenters on another comic book movie site have been heavily against the return of Halle, it's notable that virtually no one has said 'but isn't Cyclops dead?'. So the commenters have very short memories or they are just keen to see the character again, regardless.

It all began with The Hollywood Reporter's piece:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/x-men-ian-mckellen-hugh-397995

The piece says: But Halle Berry, James Marsden and other original X-Men are not yet confirmed to come back for a story that will straddle the 1960s setting established in 2011's X-Men: First Class and the future of the original trilogy, where mutants are a hunted minority.

Then many other sites totally distorted it in one of the worst cases of Chinese whispers I have seen.

On the downside, every other report out there is inaccurate and sensationalised and shows that such sites should be avoided if you are looking for accurate reporting. I'm surprised how some of these sites - which I always thought reliable - have proved to be totally unreliable!

On the upside, it's given some publicity to the project and is a good test of whether people want James and Halle back. Although commenters on another comic book movie site have been heavily against the return of Halle, it's notable that virtually no one has said 'but isn't Cyclops dead?'. So the commenters have very short memories or they are just keen to see the character again, regardless.

Thanks for your response. I read the article and you're right everything else is just lies not even misinterpretation. I had thought that Halle and James were in negotiations but I see that's not the case. I hope Fox release an official statement soon to calm down the rumours and clarify a few things

Yeah movie sites do that all the time! (well except for Superherohype and X-Menfilms.net - the only websites I visit to read the latest news about the X-Men movies) :woot:

I don't think Rose Byrne should be back, I think they wrapped up her storyline in First Class pretty well, like there is nothing to expect from her anymore. But there's also a Moira McTaggert in the original trilogy, who knows maybe they will have to do something about that.

So are you saying that X-Men: Days of Future Past is the sequel for X-Men 3 and X-Men: First Class. Like they are both X4 and XFC2?

well, it seems it will be a FC sequel, whatever the time jump will be from FC end, but it definetly isnt an X4. So I guess the next sequel set in our present should be 'X4' more than X5.

In any case, I just hope there is at least one more movie for the whole original trilogy cast, at least to give them a Big goodbye.

If they get the core four back--Cyclops, Wolverine (check), Storm, and Phoenix--as part of the future set, part of me would be fine were the future group to overtake the 60s group in screentime. Actually, I'd be more than fine, not that it's going to happen:csad:

If they get the core four back--Cyclops, Wolverine (check), Storm, and Phoenix--as part of the future set, part of me would be fine were the future group to overtake the 60s group in screentime. Actually, I'd be more than fine, not that it's going to happen:csad:

Although I'd probably be crucified on this board for saying this I agree with you. The future x-men are much more interesting than the past save for magneto, charles and to some extent mystique. In fact I'd be fine if the movie spent more time in the dystopian future with the sentinels than in the past. I mean lets be honest its the future part of the movie that is going to draw the most audiences.

And I know some might say 'this is a First Class Sequel' and whatever but I'm just being brutally honest. If you took the First Class cast out of the movie completely people would still go see the film. It'd make as much money as it would if the First Class cast were in it as well.

yeah, seems highly unlikely. I mean, yes, they are the core four, but two of them would need an explanation. And its kind of weird to show that future and not seeing characters who were alive at the end of the trilogy, like Kitty, Bobby, Colossus, Rogue (even without powers supposedly)

I think Bryan will add at least one younger x-men, to give the team some diversity. If the only four x-men to appear are those core four, it would be the same team as X1, so would be a bit repetitive too.

In my opinion, the key is that: diversity. Some older and some younger.

Last edited:
Although I'd probably be crucified on this board for saying this I agree with you. The future x-men are much more interesting than the past save for magneto, charles and to some extent mystique. In fact I'd be fine if the movie spent more time in the dystopian future with the sentinels than in the past. I mean lets be honest its the future part of the movie that is going to draw the most audiences.

And I know some might say 'this is a First Class Sequel' and whatever but I'm just being brutally honest. If you took the First Class cast out of the movie completely people would still go see the film. It'd make as much money as it would if the First Class cast were in it as well.

There's no harm in expressing that view.

I doubt Singer will bring back all these big names and give them 10 minutes on screen, so you might get more of them than you imagine.

My bet is this.

60% FC cast
40% Original cast.

that could be something like 1 hour 20 minutes for FC cast and 40 min for original cast. seems pretty fine, right?

40 minutes for original cast can be as intense as all the scenes of the x-men on X3 put together :D

I would prefer:

60% Original cast 1 hour 30 minutes
40% FC. 40 minutes

I would prefer:

60% Original cast 1 hour 30 minutes
40% FC. 40 minutes

I don't think that will happen, I would be slightly offended if I was a part of the FC cast, being tossed aside like that. I would be really surprised if the OT cast even got half of the screen time but at this point who knows which direction they're going to go with. DoFP could be a launch pad for post X3 movies and FC era movies as well.

I agree with that! I hope after DOFP, they would just go back to the original cast and make X-Men 4/5/6.

My bet is this.

60% FC cast
40% Original cast.

that could be something like 1 hour 20 minutes for FC cast and 40 min for original cast. seems pretty fine, right?

40 minutes for original cast can be as intense as all the scenes of the x-men on X3 put together :D

I think it should be 50/50. But one of them will definitely get more screentime.

I wish they would just dump the First Class actors all together and make it an original cast movie heh

I wish they would just dump the First Class actors all together and make it an original cast movie heh

tumblr_ll95we0IHc1qag8ns.gif

It makes no sense to me to spend more time (or even equal time) in the future when the whole plot of the movie is to change that future through the actions in the past. The past is where the whole crux of the plot actually is and where actions matter the most - not the future which is just basically waiting to be overwritten and the actions there ultimately have no bearing on the outcome.

I know that DoFP is a popular story and all, but when I've read the summary of the comic my impression was that, after the time travel happens, the future scenes are largely pointless and are basically there to serve up some cool fights with the Sentinels. If the movie is giving future!mutants a whole separate storyline it has to be for better reasons than nostalgia and action scenes. What would be the point of showing them fight for survival when their survival and in fact the fate of their entire timeline does not actually depend on their actions?

And another issue which I've mentioned in another thread is how to end that part of the story. Does the timeline stop existing or does that future remain unchanged because of an alternative timeline? Either way is not entirely satisfying as a wrap-up for future!mutants IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"