Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellfire Club had Azazel, Tempest and Riptide. No one really is gonna complain about those three. While Tempest is just hated by how she was written but the character itself isn't beloved by fans. The only one from that club that had a lot of serious complaints was Emma. And it wasn't like Shaw's minions were overshadowed because his favorite minion was Magneto. While Apocalypse wasted three A-lister X-Men Storm, Psylocke and Angel as silent henchmen and when Magneto became a horseman, the other three became less important. Thing is no one would complain that much if the horsemen were just Gazer, Caliban, Magneto and Ahab and if only MaGneto got a good role out of those four. So they shouldn't really waste a-list characters by demoting them as silent henchmen or decoration.

and the singer haters just hate on everything he does.

No I like Bryan Singer for making Xavier's an actual school in X1.

Sooooo many young mutants we'll never see on film were created because of that decision since 2000

yearbook.jpg

We'd never got X-23 if not for Singer. Since X-Men: Evo took a lot from the OT and Laura was introduced in that.

So I like Singer for some things

Yes but they don't fully embrace it IMO that's why it comes off awkward
Well it seems they are slowly embracing it more which I like, I dont want them to go back when it was more so grounded and those terrible leather costumes with no individuality. I like the direction for the most part they are headed in and hope it continues.

Hellfire Club had Azazel, Tempest and Riptide. No one really is gonna complain about those three. While Tempest is just hated by how she was written but the character itself isn't beloved by fans. The only one from that club that had a lot of serious complaints was Emma. And it wasn't like Shaw's minions were overshadowed because his favorite minion was Magneto. While Apocalypse wasted three A-lister X-Men Storm, Psylocke and Angel as silent henchmen and when Magneto became a horseman, the other three became less important. Thing is no one would complain that much if the horsemen were just Gazer, Caliban, Magneto and Ahab and if only MaGneto got a good role out of those four. So they shouldn't really waste a-list characters by demoting them as silent henchmen or decoration.
Yes to all of this.

The problem is that Singer tried to tell as many origin strories as possible.

The problem is that Singer tried to tell as many origin strories as possible.

He might have created something more satisfactory if he'd given more dialogue/personality to Storm (only takes a few seconds to say a couple of lines), made Apocalypse more shadowy (would have helped with acceptance of the make-up to have him less in broad daylight) and made a few other adjustments.

Cyclops and Jean didn't fare too badly overall.

except at it's core this tirlogy even with new timeline being created was about origins.

Then it's a damn shame that we got 3 films' worth of origin for Mystique when most of the important characters didn't appear until the last movie.

Then it's a damn shame that we got 3 films' worth of origin for Mystique when most of the important characters didn't appear until the last movie.

Didn't you know? #ManyPeopleAreSaying Mystique's role, importance and screen time has diminished significantly since First Class... :drl:

Don't tell them you can't have Mystique in the next film though, they'll throw a fit.

You would have got complaints if Angel wasnt a horsemsn. People on here were defending the decision to include him bc he was the only chararacter that absolutely needed to be included in this story for that role

Didn't you know? #ManyPeopleAreSaying Mystique's role, importance and screen time has diminished significantly since First Class... :drl:

Don't tell them you can't have Mystique in the next film though, they'll throw a fit.

It kinda has diminished but not by much.

* X-MEN <6:15>
* X-MEN UNITED <11:15>
* X-MEN: THE LAST STAND <2:45>
* X-MEN: FIRST CLASS <20:15>
* X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST <15:45>
* X-MEN: APOCALYPSE <17:45>

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072544477/

Last edited:

No it's the other way round actually, don't tell them she very easily can be, they will throw a fit.

Last edited:

Thing is perhaps the "important" characters for the film verse are not limited to those you can declare important or even just X-Men in the books. (Quicksilver)

Last edited:
You would have got complaints if Angel wasnt a horsemsn. People on here were defending the decision to include him bc he was the only chararacter that absolutely needed to be included in this story for that role

I would rather have Angel not to appear as a horseman than only to be wasted for the second time.

Compared to what they could have done with angel he had a fairly decent part in the movie, its just they went a different direction with it then what was expected.

My assumption is that the only way they justified using angel again is if they just made his characteristics into archangel from the start and didn't do a repeat of X3, same thing origins did with sabertooth.

I know there are some that believe Singer has been out for X3 but i think singer may be abit to much of a nice person for that.

Very true. You can lament his treatment in hindsight, but if he wasn't there at all you never would have heard the end of it.

Thing is perhaps the "important" characters for the film verse are not limited to those you can declare important or even just X-Men in the books. (Quicksilver)

The important characters I refer to are the ones that made the series popular in every medium, including the film universe, before it became hamstrung by its own timeline (and the studio's reluctance to pay up on its original cast). Fortunately, it won't be the case for this film, so it's just Kinberg between us and a good time.

I would rather have Angel not to appear as a horseman than only to be wasted for the second time.

Hindsight is 20/20.

No it's the other way round actually, don't tell them she very easily can be, they will throw a fit.

No actually people who you're referring to have said time and again that this series has never followed up on the final scenes in the previous movies.

See: First Class' Emma recruitment, Wolverine's lack of Adamantium claws and DOFP's Mystique rescuing Logan from the Potomac.

If anything the next movie has gone out of its way to contradict the previous one.

See: dead Emma (DOFP), Metalled-Logan (DOFP) and Stryker supervised-Weapon X program (Apocalypse).

See also: Ten. Year. Gap.

You're the only one insisting Mystique has to still be the leader of X-men after 10 years.

It kinda has diminished but not by much.

* X-MEN <6:15>
* X-MEN UNITED <11:15>
* X-MEN: THE LAST STAND <2:45>
* X-MEN: FIRST CLASS <20:15>
* X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST <15:45>
* X-MEN: APOCALYPSE <17:45>

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls072544477/

The people that bring up this fact are also the ones that insist Mystique has been a minor role and barely did anything after First Class.

It's almost like a Sean Spicer Press Conference.

You're the only one insisting Mystique has to still be the leader of X-men after 10 years.

Lol thing is i haven't insisted she has to be anything, i am saying the most likely scenario is that she won't just be pushed out.

Its like saying beast will be pushed out? that probably won't happen either, not because beast is part of the X-Men in the comics but because of the last 3/4 movies.

TBH i have heard so many expectations on this forum and everyone insists things have to be a certain way and can never see past it until they are forced too once its revealed it isn't going the way they expected and then they act shocked when it was right there staring them in the face that it could happen.

The people that bring up this fact are also the ones that insist Mystique has been a minor role and barely did anything after First Class.

I am pretty sure no one said she barely did anything in those movies.

Last edited:
In first class at least they had excuse to use mystique.and with DOFP her role was approate.Apocalypse is one where they want too far with mystique.if lawrence hadn't blown up with Hingar games very likely we would have seen a different mystique in apocalypse or at very least in blue form more.

I am pretty sure no one said she barely did anything in those movies, but she wasn't the front and center of everything like certain folk like to say, she is only has important as you see her.

Once again you think it's all about you. Pssst...it's not:

Stan Lee:
JL X-Men movie? She wasn't even in Apocalypse much(same amount of screentime as Jean and Scott) and basically did nothing.

:cwink:

Remember you were the one insisting rogue was cut just for mystique in DOFP, not for any other reason, nope probably Jlaw was all you could think about.

I still do think having Anna Paquin's Rogue in there somehow would've taken away Mystique's overall importance in the plot. Afterall, Singer himself has described DOFP ultimately is a movie about "saving Raven's soul."

Rescuing Mystique was of paramount importance because her assassination attempt at Trask's life led to her denigration as a character. Her consequent capture allowed Trask to have her metemorphosis powers that allowed the astronomical leap of his Sentinel program.

If they also added in Rogue as being important in the grand scheme of how this version of the Sentinels was perfected, don't you think that would've taken away from the importance of "rescuing Mystique's soul?"

Comic book fans know Mystique might be able to morph into other characters but she isn't able to take their powers. That's Rogue's schtick. Singer simply banked on the fact that the GA don't know this and probably won't question how the Sentinels are able to adapt these mutant powers.

It worked. Few people are questioning how the Sentinels are able to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"