Sequels X-Men Sequel - Part 7

so do u want jubilee in dp or not.

I'm touched that you care about my opinion either way. :ilv:

I also think it's adorable that you think everyone should take what Kinberg gives them and just shut up.

Make an Original IP then instead. This is X-MEN make it look like frickin X-MEN

Again...why? Why is there an arbitrary limit on how heavily you can alter a concept? Would using an original IP necessarily result in a better story? I don't see how it would.

Faithfully adapting a concept, heavily altering a concept, and creating new concepts are all just tools for storytelling. None of them make a story good or bad by themselves.

And it's not just X-men that gets flack for lacking faithfulness, BTW. All comic book movies have received varying degrees of criticism for their differences from the comics. But it's such an arbitrary criticism.

Again...why? Why is there an arbitrary limit on how heavily you can alter a concept?

They can continue to be as unfaithful as they want. But they shouldn't act surprised that the movies will never gross over the 700m something mark.

Unfaithful X-MEN comic book movies have a cap on what they will gross.

And FOX does not I repeat does not care about making some art house Oscar worthy comic book movie. They only care about making $. And the fans speak with their wallet's. Idiots like me will see every X-MEN film because I love X-MEN. But everyone else wont

I'm touched that you care about my opinion either way. :ilv:

I also think it's adorable that you think everyone should take what Kinberg gives them and just shut up.

yup u are dodging the question :whatever: cause u cant answer it at all :whatever:

They can continue to be as unfaithful as they want. But they shouldn't act surprised that the movies will never gross over the 700m something mark.

Unfaithful X-MEN comic book movies have a cap on what they will gross.

And FOX does not I repeat does not care about making some art house Oscar worthy comic book movie. They only care about making $. And the fans speak with their wallet's. Idiots like me will see every X-MEN film because I love X-MEN. But everyone else wont

Getting big box office numbers is way more about being flashy and eye-catching to general audiences than it is about accuracy to source material. If accuracy to source material meant anything then the Transformers movies would not be the huge successes that they are. Fact is, the vast majority of movie-goers don't know or care about the source material of a given movie.

I just remember that they still have another release date in Feb 2019. 3 X-Movies each year until 2020!

(unless one of those is another FF reboot)

DDit47PWsAA-pjV.jpg

Impressive set but I hate the way they always have to shoe horn in political Gocernment involvement into the films. Yes it was a part of the comics too but it gets tiresome having similar storylines getting regurgitated all the time.

But why does it matter? Why is "matching up to the source material" a metric that has any impact whatsoever on whether or not a comic book movie is "good"? A good movie is a good movie regardless of how it matches up with some completely separate story that it happens to be based on.

It seems almost like an OCD thing to me. Like people are so obsessed with how one thing matches up with another thing that it overshadows the actual quality of the story in their minds.

If you're going to do an X-Men movie, it has to feel like the X-Men. Or why bother buying the film rights in the first place?

These properties established in other media (comics, novels, video games) have a fanbase. And that fanbase is increasingly vocal because of online presence - forums, blogs, Facebook groups, Twitter accounts, etc. Think of Harry Potter and Twilight as well as comics.

There's quite a strong correlation between bad adaptations and bad movies. Marvel Studios has won over the fans by getting the costumes, characters and general 'spirit' of the comics right there on screen. Even though I'm not a fan of all the Marvel Studios output, there's no denying they've found the winning formula. Continuity is good too, another sign they care. VFX are good too.

Fox gets it wrong so many times. Eragon, Dragonball, Fantastic Four, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (as well as some elements of the X-Men films). Bad adaptations and also bad movies... because one is related to the other, it shows how much the studio/director/writer really cares.

'Fox is all-in with Marvel setting new dates for UNTITLED FOX MARVEL flicks: 6/7/19, 11/22/19, 3/13/20, 6/26/20,10/2/20 & 3/5/21.'

source ??

I should be happy that they're setting up release dates for more films (all of them will be X-Men related, F4 ain't happening) but just like with the MCU and DCEU, I'm starting not to care anymore.

I could see one being F4, i don't think FOX will give up on it just yet.

I could see them going with the children of the fantastic four idea since its different and is kinda the incredibles-ish.

That is what hollywood does though if they are desperate enough, they will find loopholes to freshen an idea up.

people are still shading fox after all changes for spider-man homecoming:whatever:

we already got rumblings fox is going to reboot ff again.this is clearly case of fox deciding they aren't going to let disney make money off ff.what motive would one studio have to let another studio do it.

X-force is almost certinly coming in 2019.it has a director and script is being written.will be intresting is deadpool 3 is coming in 2020.Fox obviously is hoping to get gambit in 2019.

also fox may be planning new mutants sequel and next full x-men film in 2020.

probally another spin-off film also tbd in here.

But why does it matter? Why is "matching up to the source material" a metric that has any impact whatsoever on whether or not a comic book movie is "good"? A good movie is a good movie regardless of how it matches up with some completely separate story that it happens to be based on.
That's the kind of thinking that gets you movies like the FF reboot. X-Maniac is right that there tends to be a correlation between bad CBMs and disregard for the source material.

If we were getting the first X-Men movie next year, you're damn right I'd want to see the X-Men I know on the big screen, not just a good movie that has nothing to do with the property. Because what's the point then? Make your own original movie then.

But anyway, this is veering off topic.

That is what hollywood does though if they are desperate enough, they will find loopholes to freshen an idea up.
They thought they were freshening the idea with the 2015 travesty too and look where that wind up. FF is done.

yup u are dodging the question :whatever: cause u cant answer it at all :whatever:

You act as if "Should Jubilee be in Dark Phoenix?" is such a "gotcha" question. LOL But I'll play as it seems to be so important to you what I think.

Ultimately Jubilee is not needed in Dark Phoenix (just like JLaw and Mags and Quicksilver) but if (if!) Kinberg can balance all these X-men plus the Shi'ar plus new X-men members then why not. A very tall order though.

You act as if "Should Jubilee be in Dark Phoenix?" is such a "gotcha" question. LOL But I'll play as it seems to be so important to you what I think.

Ultimately Jubilee is not needed in Dark Phoenix (just like JLaw and Mags and Quicksilver) but if (if!) Kinberg can balance all these X-men plus the Shi'ar plus new X-men members then why not. A very tall order though.

kinberg could have hubilee in dp.doesn't mean she will have much larger rolle than in apocalypse.

Again...why? Why is there an arbitrary limit on how heavily you can alter a concept? Would using an original IP necessarily result in a better story? I don't see how it would.

Faithfully adapting a concept, heavily altering a concept, and creating new concepts are all just tools for storytelling. None of them make a story good or bad by themselves.

And it's not just X-men that gets flack for lacking faithfulness, BTW. All comic book movies have received varying degrees of criticism for their differences from the comics. But it's such an arbitrary criticism.
Why should they not its source material for a reason, no one here well mostly no one is asking page from page from the comics. Although the comics are the blueprints and since they are using that IP it should look similar to what you would expect from comics. When you see certain characters it should remind you on some level of the history of this character not making everything different where people and fans dont recognize what they are watching. Some fans like to settle for mediocre not every has to, if they want to do what they want with these characters then they should create a superhero team, the comics still are the blueprints and should be respected. Most comic movies that do well adapt the sources very well so your wrong on that part. Yes people will always find something wrong but most will be happy if the movies adapt the source in a good way which makes for a good movie. A Well Crafted Adapted Comic to Movie=Win

If you're going to do an X-Men movie, it has to feel like the X-Men. Or why bother buying the film rights in the first place?

These properties established in other media (comics, novels, video games) have a fanbase. And that fanbase is increasingly vocal because of online presence - forums, blogs, Facebook groups, Twitter accounts, etc. Think of Harry Potter and Twilight as well as comics.

There's quite a strong correlation between bad adaptations and bad movies. Marvel Studios has won over the fans by getting the costumes, characters and general 'spirit' of the comics right there on screen. Even though I'm not a fan of all the Marvel Studios output, there's no denying they've found the winning formula. Continuity is good too, another sign they care. VFX are good too.

Fox gets it wrong so many times. Eragon, Dragonball, Fantastic Four, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (as well as some elements of the X-Men films). Bad adaptations and also bad movies... because one is related to the other, it shows how much the studio/director/writer really cares.

There's correlation, perhaps, but not causation. Logan and The Dark Knight are better than pretty much any MCU film and they aren't very accurate to the comics at all. Yes, a writer or director who doesn't care about a film is less likely to be accurate to the source material, but the problem in that equation is the fact that the writer or director doesn't care, not that they aren't being accurate.

Also, even though you're using the MCU as an example of a "good adaptation", I still always see tons of people on the internet rag on it for its inaccuracies. Everyone seems to have their own arbitrary line in the sand about what is "accurate enough" and it just seems like people are sabotaging their own ability to enjoy these films on their own merits

Everyone seems to have their own arbitrary line in the sand about what is "accurate enough" and it just seems like people are sabotaging their own ability to enjoy these films on their own merits

The last team film X-MEN: Apocalypse was neither accurate or good. So what's the excuse with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"