The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was. In bad taste, too. You don't publicly join in a 'F**k Marvel' chorus at the premier to your movie.

Only one? How many reviews have there been?

Just the one, last I checked.

As far as RT ones, anyway.

From reading the Reddit reactions to the early screening, I'm not getting the best vibe tbh. Very few raves, a lot of "it was decent but nothing special" type posts, and Leto's Joker is getting a mixed reaction. And these are from DC fanboys.

I've got my tickets for Thursday, still trying to remain cautiously optimistic. This movie just seems like too fun of a concept to screw up, I'll honestly be shocked if I walk away feeling let down. I'm not looking for it to be the next TDK, I just want good characterizations, good performances and chemistry and hopefully a decent story to hold it all together.

We'll see what the critics think shortly...

Last edited:
7 tomato reviews in, only 1 of them is positive.
Wonder if the score will remain low.

Regardless of the critical reception, you can still hope to have fun with it.
Call it a bad movie you like.

If it ends up with a rotten rating, it makes me think Snyder had a lot of input on this movie.

I wanted this one to succeed, but I'm laughing at its failure just like I did with Fant4stic.
Director's choice of words before the movie release probably had a thing or two to do with it.

What the hell has happened to DC movies since the TDK Trilogy ended? I mean Lord what's going on over there?

If it ends up with a rotten rating, it makes me think Snyder had a lot of input on this movie.
Perhaps.
Who interfered with his input in the Arnold movie from 2 years ago?

I wanted this one to succeed, but I'm laughing at its failure just like I did with Fant4stic.
Director's choice of words before the movie release probably had a thing or two to do with it.
Looks like Letoker doesn't make much of an impression. Of course, fanboys will tell me "it wasn't really his movie. He didn't have time to make an impact. Wait for Batfleck solo film. Then you will see. Then you will agree with my verbal ******io".

I can't say I'm surprised. WB never really knew what they were doing, and it proves that they got so lucky with Nolan.

Looks like Letoker doesn't make much of an impression. Of course, fanboys will tell me "it wasn't really his movie. He didn't have time to make an impact. Wait for Batfleck solo film. Then you will see. Then you will agree with my verbal ******io".
But he has toys.
I think I prefer Joker's story in the MK vs DCU game.

I think Wonder Woman is the first movie they will succeed critically with. Hopefully they've kept Snyder's intervention at a minimum.

I swear if this ends up rotten the DCEU needs a serious overhaul. Or reboot it from scratch. I mean three movies in a row slammed. Ridiculous.

Perhaps.
Who interfered with his input in the Arnold movie from 2 years ago?

Which movie do you mean?

I think Wonder Woman is the first movie they will succeed critically with. Hopefully they've kept Snyder's intervention at a minimum.

honestly think critics will be scared to give it a bad review regardless of quality, so in that sense I agree

the comments section in Batman-news is cancerous. Yikes.

Let's be fair here. Ayer should be held accountable for his own movie. He's pretty hit and miss with critics and has directed some rottens before:

Sabotage (20%)
Street Kings (36%)
Harsh Times (48%)

Reading through some of em, it looks like Letoker is gleeful and over the top, but not very threatening. That's the assessment of him I had from the trailers. Of course, I was met with fanboy responses like "is u kidding? He is the most threatening Joker eva!".

Yeah. Sure.

Let's be fair here. Ayer should be held accountable for his own movie. He's pretty hit and miss with critics and has directed some rottens before:

Sabotage (20%)
Street Kings (36%)
Harsh Times (48%)

Oh right. That's one of the ones you meant, Aziz. Yeah well in light of this there is every chance this balls up is his own doing.

It's just when you hear Snyder involvement in a movie, huge red warning lights go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"