Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time he shares one of these little tidbits from JL it brightens up my day a little. I'm grateful for that.

Its continuing to get bigger coverage too. The Washington Post article is making waves.

The way I look at it is that you can understand why something happens, but still be upset about it. That's why I said, regardless of whether you think it was or good idea or not, it's understandable that someone would be upset about how it all went down. Even for me, it's hard to understand all that Zack went through as I've never been in his position. Zack is clearly a fan of comic books, regardless of whether you think his take on what he reads is correct or not. His venture in being a part of the DCEU was a passion project for him. You don't devote 5-6 years of your life to something, where you have options to do something else productive, without having some personal connection to it. Sure money can come into play, but it's obvious that wasn't the main driving factor in this. Also during this time, you see that Zack had to make a lot of compromises, re-writes during BvS, making a shorter, less coherent, cut for theatrical release. He had to re-write JL and his future plans, with Johns and Terrio, to take in criticisms from BvS. He had to undergo vitriol from critics and audience all the while. And all that culminates to being kicked off of the project and having his movie cut apart and still released in his name. On top of that, as Da-Scribe pointed out, he had to go through the death of his own child. That was likely the lowest part of his career, and quite possibly his life. So, yes, I can understand him being upset. In terms of drawing it out, he did post that he's doing it not for mainstream, but for his fanbase. It's pretty obvious that his fans enjoy it as well. Of course, if you don't like it, you can ignore it easily.

i think its just zack having fun with the fans.
it's cool when a dood engages with people to talk about his work.
i see no harm in that.
yea, his movies did not do well from a business perspective.
but that's a separate issue from him just posting bout his work on vero.

With new WB president taking over.. and the activity surrounding the preparations of WB's streaming service and now this Washington Post article, those Release The Snyder Cut people have some good chance to get what they want, they never had so many things in their favor.

Also, Avengers Endgame is getting an Extended edition release, so there's some justification to get least an Extended version with as many Snyder shot scenes put back in as they can. I know that I will be OK with that.

Don't think Ann Sarnoff will push for a Snyder Cut, unless someone within WB brings it up to her and convinces her that it's financially viable. Fans and petitions won't do that.

The Washington Post article said the following:

Yet in whatever condition a Snyder cut of “Justice League” might exist, a tight band of fans will continue their cause.

Lastly, comparing Endgame's re-release to a Snyder Cut is not even the same thing when you take into account 1 is trying to unseat the #1 grossing movie of all time and the other one is looking to satisfy like the article said a tight band of fans.

Not every movie that gets some extended cuts is
That is not an extended release. Everything happens after the credits & the original movie is as is with no changes. Don't compare the two

Fan demand for JL Extended Cut will grow when Disney releases Endgames's Extended version, even if it's not related to Marvel's movie but right now most Snyder fans are asking for Snyder Cut.

Fan demand for JL Extended Cut will grow when Disney releases Endgames's Extended version, even if it's not related to Marvel's movie but right now most Snyder fans are asking for Snyder Cut.

The re release is not an extended cut its 1 deleted & some tributes during the credits. Thats not an extended cut & the deleted scene is UNFINISHED. There are likely not enough Snyder fans to cover the cost it would take for the WB to get back the money it would take to finish the Snyder cut & the rest would illegally download it if they were curious enough

How many people are demanding Snyder's extended release?

Like 350?
There are many Snyder fans (like myself) who aren't demanding anything but will support the release by buying it, so we don't know the number of fans that are not actively campaigning for Snyder Cut.

As for number of people that are vocal, they are enough to make noise. But not enough so that company will actually think that they are in very large numbers to justify the release.

The re release is not an extended cut its 1 deleted & some tributes during the credits. Thats not an extended cut & the deleted scene is UNFINISHED. There are likely not enough Snyder fans to cover the cost it would take for the WB to get back the money it would take to finish the Snyder cut & the rest would illegally download it if they were curious enough
Dude they released Extended Cut for Green Lantern movie, which earned only $220 million worldwide.

They can certainly release an Extended Cut by putting back those Snyder shot scenes which don't contradict the theatrical version of the movie, there are many scenes with finished CGI and effects lying on the editing table. WB can release the JL Extended Cut on their new Streaming service or on DC Universe app.

Snyder Cut is is different beast though, and it's release will require more money to be spent.

Dude they released Extended Cut for Green Lantern movie, which earned only $220 million worldwide.

They can certainly release an Extended Cut by putting back those Snyder shot scenes which don't contradict the theatrical version of the movie, there are many scenes with finished CGI and effects lying on the editing table. WB can release the JL Extended Cut on their new Streaming service or on DC Universe app.

Snyder Cut is is different beast though, and it's release will require more money to be spent.

Different people were in charge of The WB at the time of Green Lantnern & they were not owned by AT&T. Can't compare the two situations now

Different people were in charge of The WB at the time of Green Lantnern & they were not owned by AT&T. Can't compare the two situations now
I can hope for the best. What makes you think that AT&T will be against the release ? Do you have any inside info ?

It's just another media content that they can sell on their streaming platform (or DC Universe app).

There is absolutely no evidence to support this. A kind title for this is wishful thinking.

I'd like to think I'd have the self awareness to and perspective to know I was kicked off because I failed, and then let it go. This guy is intentionally drawing it out for months and months, it's just sad. His DC movies repeatedly weren't hitting box office expectations and were low in ratings. Cause. Effect.

He's using

I'd like to think I'd have the self awareness to and perspective to know I was kicked off because I failed, and then let it go. This guy is intentionally drawing it out for months and months, it's just sad. His DC movies repeatedly weren't hitting box office expectations and were low in ratings. Cause. Effect.

how much you wanna bet his next movie has something showing his butt hurt over JL still?

Last edited:
Good lord, some of you guys will ignore all context just to bad mouth someone who made some movies you didn’t like.

There are many Snyder fans (like myself) who aren't demanding anything but will support the release by buying it, so we don't know the number of fans that are not actively campaigning for Snyder Cut.

As for number of people that are vocal, they are enough to make noise. But not enough so that company will actually think that they are in very large numbers to justify the release.

Thats pretty much where i stand. Am i gonna bombard WB’s twitter with snydercut tweets, calling the corporate offices begging for it or campaigning at comic con for it? Absolutely not. Aint that serious fam. But IF they released it, i’d be the first person on line to get my $100 limited edition steelbook copy of it.

I'm a fan of Snyders and would chop off my left nut to see his finished cut of JL.

Still, those Snyderbots piss me off and are beyond annoying as all hell. They deserve to be punched right in the middle of all their face's with a swift: sharp elbow.

how much you wanna bet his next movie has something showing his butt hurt over JL still?

His next film is about a heist during a zombie outbreak.

I just don't understand the hate for him, really. Hate all them annoying fans, but even then, they are easy to ignore if one chooses to do so. I just find it kinda weird he kinda gets more hate based on his ''fans'' and for sharing his OWN work. I betcha one will find more hate thrown his way on this forum than what Singer gets, except when one of his victims comes forward, kinda weird to me. Eh.

I will always give him props for believing in Gadot and Momoa, and for finally giving us the best Batsuit/WW and Superman suit (mos) thus far imo. Looking back tho, I would've prefered a World Finest and all that, but all of us has had this convo in another timeline, so moving on.

:o

Last edited:
His next film is about a heist during a zombie outbreak.

I just don't understand the hate for him, really. Hate all them annoying fans, but even then, they are easy to ignore if one chooses to do so. I just find it kinda weird he kinda gets more hate based on his ''fans'' and for sharing his OWN work. I betcha one will find more hate thrown his way on this forum than what Singer gets, except when one of his victims comes forward, kinda weird to me. Eh.

I will always give him props for believing in Gadot and Momoa, and for finally giving us the best Batsuit/WW and Superman suit (mos) thus far imo. Looking back tho, I would've prefered a World Finest and all that, but all of us has had this convo in another timeline, so moving on.

:o

I think, tbh, its really the media coverage of him that annoys people. Every time he posts something, the geek media eats it up partly because his is a divisive director and its an easy way to rile fans up. I guess because of that the perception is we just cant move on from JL as long as Zack perpetuates the movement because there will be coverage of it. See: new Washington Post article. Lol

I think, tbh, its really the media coverage of him that annoys people. Every time he posts something, the geek media eats it up partly because his is a divisive director and its an easy way to rile fans up. I guess because of that the perception is we just cant move on from JL as long as Zack perpetuates the movement because there will be coverage of it. See: new Washington Post article. Lol

Yeah, but that also happens cause they get clicks. I see one of them released pics and just keep scrolling. Snyder cut released tomorrow and I'll wait a week before paying, not in a hurry. lol

My hype for that kinda went down after Batfleck and Henry left.

Yeah, but that also happens cause they get clicks. I see one of them released pics and just keep scrolling. Snyder cut released tomorrow and I'll wait a week before paying, not in a hurry. lol

My hype for that kinda went down after Batfleck and Henry left.

I’ma be honest, Endgame kinda filled the void i was hoping a Snyder cut would fill. I had been hungry for a cbm that just goes nuts and goes for glory. Zack’s JL was probably big, bombastic and crazy. He had Batman gunning down parademons with a plasma cannon. Thats my kind of s***. I just wanted to see something bonkers. But seeing Cap smack Thanos around with 10 hit combos with an electric hammer was something i didnt know was missing in my life. And it felt like something Zack woulda done. So, if theres no snydercut i’m good.

I’ma be honest, Endgame kinda filled the void i was hoping a Snyder cut would fill. I had been hungry for a cbm that just goes nuts and goes for glory. Zack’s JL was probably big, bombastic and crazy. He had Batman gunning down parademons with a plasma cannon. Thats my kind of s***. I just wanted to see something bonkers. But seeing Cap smack Thanos around with 10 hit combos with an electric hammer was something i didnt know was missing in my life. And it felt like something Zack woulda done. So, if theres no snydercut i’m good.

Well, in my Snyder cut...Supes kills Lois. Supes then kills Leto Joker. Mad Max Batman and a broken Cyborg (attached to the batmobile) drive across the wasteland of what was once Metropolis. Flash is caught in a parallel DC verse with other ''Flashmen'', Aquaman is locked up under the sea, WW tried to get them amazons to help. The Rock playing Black Adam discovers Kara's ship orbiting the earth. A green Lantern arrives to earth.

Keanu voices Darkseid.

:D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back