Zak Penn: Q & A's from the XVerse on Hulk 2

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
Might as well start this now. He sounds like he'll be taking advantage of the Xverse to talk about Hulk 2 as well!

Let's keep this thread updated with his remarks as they come in. Go over there and start asking questions on Hulk 2 now. These opportunities are rare. We've been luckly lately with Kinberg, Favreau, and Penn.

http://www.thexverse.com/community/showpost.php?p=29968&postcount=535

Sorry I haven't answered questions for awhile. I've been really busy. I just want to say that I saw the clip from Leno, and it is completely hacked up from the movie. So people shouldn't sweat it. (And by the way, I also thought the music was over the top!)

I will try to get to all your questions when I get a chance, and I'll even give you my thoughts on what we're going to do with the next Hulk movie.

Hope you like the new TV spots.

Zak

Let's hope. Still waiting for Clint to contact Eric and let us all know. Eric is still under contract.

Man I wish we all knew what was hapening w/ this, the important questions-

Bana? Theatrical release? Abomination? etc,

yes
this is all good

everything is falling into place

assemble the droids

tell them its time

Dangerous said:
Man I wish we all knew what was hapening w/ this, the important questions-

Bana? Theatrical release? Abomination? etc,

Zak Penn, who previously collaborated with Marvel on X2, Fantastic Four, and the upcoming X-Men: The Last Stand, will write a new Incredible Hulk film, inspired by the larger-than-life green giant. Under Marvel's arrangement with Universal, Marvel will develop and produce the Incredible Hulk as a major theatrical release, with Universal retaining various distribution rights.

and:

Business 2.0 Magazine has published an article on Marvel Entertainment's Marvel Studios in which chief executive Avi Arad confirms the villain for Hulk 2:

For that villain, Arad has chosen one of his favorite baddies: Abomination, a former Yugoslav spy who has mutated into a 980-pound freak of terrifying strength and unpleasant demeanor. "He's capable of amazing feats," Arad says, eyes gleaming. And if Arad is right and the Hulk sequel or some of Marvel's other self-made films break into blockbuster territory, people will be saying the same thing about him someday.

Bana will be in Hulk 2, he has to be, the guy has a good reputation now, so they'll try their best to get him

Eric Bana's contract will be up for review real soon, he's hinted that he would be up for reprising his role if it were within certain time peramiters.

Get him now!

Hmmm, looks like this movie may actually be going somewhere!

when is this Q and A with Zak?

Sava said:
when is this Q and A with Zak?
its constantly going on at that site

its basically for x3

but he is cool and says u can ask hulk questions

Ok here we go:

In the first question...I was telling Zak I wanted him to tell Avi Arad the fans don't want a Man in suit for The Hulk but CGI again. It doesn't show that below but that's what we were referring to, as well as some FF stuff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zak,

Could you forward this link to Fox or Avi for the Fantastic Four Fans regarding our wishes for FF2. I know you're not involved but you have the connections and hopefully they'll communicate with the fans like you did. Ditto for Simon.

* I will mention it to Avi, but I don't think you will get the same kind of response on that as Simon and are giving you here. I don't even think Fox knows that we answer your questions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats on getting Hulk 2 big boy! :up:

I hope there will be Hulk smashing, not Hulk crying.

* No Hulk crying from my computer, that's for sure. By the way, I meant Bruce Jones, not Peter David, for whoever asked that question before. Return of the Monster kicked ass, and will be a heavy inspiration in terms of tone.
Congrats on getting Hulk 2 big boy! :up:

I hope there will be Hulk smashing, not Hulk crying.

* No Hulk crying from my computer, that's for sure. By the way, I meant Bruce Jones, not Peter David, for whoever asked that question before. Return of the Monster kicked ass, and will be a heavy inspiration in terms of tone.
Hi Zak, I'm a big fan of the first Hulk movie, and i think it is one of marvels best, definately in the top 3. What are your thoughts on it and do have any idea's in mind for the sequel yet?

* I will try to get into some of my Hulk thoughts soon. I loved the action sequences, hated super poodles and the idea that Bruce was "born" mutated, rather than the classic, repressed, monster inside of him Banner that I grew up on. Dad story was bad. Fight with tanks good. CG good, but should have been combined with animatronics in my opinion. Split screens were a nice idea but distracting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
An I can't wait to see what abomination is gonna look like in Hulk 2. Has a decision been made on whether to tone dwn the size of hulk/abomination or make them larger?

* We're discussing it right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Avi Arad said Abomination is the villain...that was in your treatment?

* No. I actually wrote a draft of the Hulk in 96, I believe, and it's not like we're just going back to it. Just keeping some ideas and sequences and the James Cameron inspired tone that I was shooting for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.) Regarding you being hired to write "Hulk 2": congratulations! I read that producer Avi Arad said this one includes Hulk fighting Abomination, Bruce's romance with Betty is explored and Hulk is more heroic in this one. If it's true you've included that in the script, it sounds good already. My question to you about it is this: You said your original "Hulk" draft was more like the 1970s TV series. Will you include the tone of that into "Hulk 2"?

* Yes! I thought the tone of the TV series was perfect, and something the first movie could have used. I really wanted to see Bruce on the run, keeping his secret from people, constantly afraid of transforming. You will see all that in Hulk 2, and no poodles.

excellend

he is actually doing it

he sounds like he wants to do it

i hope they still have the split screens

maybe if they jus tone it down it will work

there was ONE god damn poodle in the movie!!! :mad:

I like what he said about James Camron, i hope Zak can get Hulk 2 right.

damn , that sounds good to me. i hope they keep Hulk 12 feet tall and not tone his size down. i also hope they make Abomination taller then Hulk!

No man in suit please. We need a Hulk that's strong, fast, and not look like he's burdened by his own weight!

* There's no way he can be a man in a suit. That said, a combination of prosthetics, animatronics, and cg would be the best way to go, in my opinion. Check out how they did the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park; even though the tech is fifteen years old, the fact that sometimes there actually was something physical in front of the actors made a huge difference.
Keep in mind, also, that sometimes they put a guy in a suit for certain shots: long shots, overcranked stunts, places where a human figure will make it look real. Incidentally, this will NOT be straight to DVD, or even a cheap movie. Marvel is dropping a lot of money on this and I think it has a chance to be better than the first or I wouldn't be involved.

Damn I'm the only one asking questions over there. Someone else join in already. We might even give him some ideas!

i dont feel like signing up for that forum

besides

u seem to know what we wanna ask

so its all good

thanks btw

Advanced Dark said:
Damn I'm the only one asking questions over there. Someone else join in already. We might even give him some ideas!
that sounds great, ask him who he would like to direct Hulk 2?

I'm asking questions over there as well, i post as Consay, i asked the question about the Hulk being in marvels top 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"