The Dark Knight Rises A New Director After Nolan?

I'd be very interested to see what Zack Snyder could pull out of the bag, it would be a very far cry from what Nolan does, any other director would probably try to be Nolan and just let everyone down.

He might do the 'Arkham Asylum' graphic novel...page-for-page, image-for-image translation to the screen....and end up killing the movie franchise for the next 15 years. :D

No more Batman movies at all after the possible third Nolan installment.

Even the third film I'm iffy about.
TDK raised the expections wayy too much for a 2nd sequel to be able to live up to it.

should be a new director with a completely different take on the character. They've already done a great origin story, so they could get right into the meat of things. Personally i'd like a more fantastical director like guillermo del toro (if he wasnt already so busy) or alfonso curaron. I think its time to bring the fantasy elements back to cinema batman. Clayface, Poison Ivy, Mr Freeze, Lazurus Pit Ra's Al Ghul, a scarier scarecrow, mat hatter etc. This in turn wouldnt tread on the ground the nolan films stood on, they would be in a completely different park.

No.
We've already seen how those elemnts would play out in a Batman movie, and it's not good.

Don't get me wrong, I love Del Toro and Curaron (sp?) but the success of Nolan's Batman films have been the fact that it's not escapist or fantastical cinema.
The fact that the new Batman movies don't follow a genre despite being a 'comic book movie' is what separates them from any other genre movie.
Bringing in a director known for anything other than his dramatic works would tarnish that.

The thing about Cauron or Del Toro is that they're already well-established...so they might not be as inclined to take on what could easily be 7+ years of making Batman movies unless that was some life-long ambition for them or what have you. When you look at most of the big multi-movie franchises over the years, most of them were the 'big break' for their respective directors....at least as far as big-time Hollywood.

That's why you wouldn't really see...or even want...say, a Spielberg or Cameron of today doing Superman or the like, i.e. anything that they didn't have full creative ownership of from concept to delivery. You'd want the 'next' Cameron of the Terminator/Aliens days, or the next Peter Jackson of the LOTR days, or Singer/X-men, or Nolan/BB, Donner/STM, and so on....not those directors of 'now'. There's something about an up-and-coming filmmaker who's making his presence known with projects like these that I feel translates directly into their quality, as well as trying to make them as successful as possible to get in good with major studios.

So in that respect...the ideal next Batman director may very well be someone that we haven't heard of yet. :O

Very well put.

def no zack snyder...his movies are all to similar it would just feel like a re-hash of others he has done.

I'm personally hoping for a totally new direction..such as a Batman & Superman movie after Nolan that way the director could take it a ton of new places, I feel the batman mythos has been told quite extensively so far especially compared to other super heroes (it will be what? 7 movies?)

Sure we haven't gotten our robin origins or anything yet but I think that will come in a couple years down the road after our tongues will be wet for more batman oriented stories.

With that said, I would love for Andrew Adamson.

I might get flamed for that, since his only experience is from the shrek & chronicals of narnia however the scenary i feel he chose and the image he chose to display narnia, could of really had that superman feel, as well as that dark feel.

Could portray nicely to a batman/superman film visually.

After Nolan is done with Batman, I'd like the next director to make it very Film-noir/German Expressionist.

TDK raised the expections wayy too much for a 2nd sequel to be able to live up to it.

Are you kidding? Why would you want to deny me or anyone the pure enjoyment of watching my all time favorite superhero on film?

Batman should be like James Bond. There should be continuity in the storyline for the next 20-30 years. After that time, which we will all probably be dead, then they can reboot the franchise.

Christopher Nolan gave WB a magnificent template to work with when creating a Batman film. They should use it, take their time with it, and run with it.

Goyer can't direct and the Nolan-Batman movies should stop when Nolan wants to stop making them.

Agreed. And I really dont know where else they can go. A Gothic Batman was made. A fantasy, cartoony Batman was made. A serious/real Batman with a good amount of comic book was made and an all real gritty Batman was made as well

Agreed. And I really dont know where else they can go. A Gothic Batman was made. A fantasy, cartoony Batman was made. A serious/real Batman with a good amount of comic book was made and an all real gritty Batman was made as well

I think it should go all out Film-noir, next.

I'd die of happiness if the next Batfilm stars Jon Hamm and is directed by Zack Snyder.

I really don't care what you guys think of him. Zack's a great director with an eye for style. He'd make a great Batman movie.

I thought he did a great job with Watchmen. The slow motion stuff was a bit annoying, but the rest of the film is so fantastic that it made up for it. And Nite Owl's costume looks a heck of a lot better than Batman's TDK one does. :o My first pick would be del Toro, though.

'Batman' Live-Action TV Series May Pick Up Where Movies Leave Off

Posted Nov 15th 2010 3:35PM

An interesting rumor about a new live-action 'Batman' series has cropped up over at ComicBookMovie.com. According to their source, Warner Bros. is already planning to create a new television series to take up the caped crusader's mantle after Christopher Nolan is (presumably) done with him with 2012's 'The Dark Knight Rises.' There's little doubt that if Nolan were inclined to make a fourth Batman movie with Christian Bale, the studio would bend over backwards to make that happen, but if there is truth to this rumor, it sounds like they're not going to let Nolan's tenuous involvement determine whether or not they stay in the Batman business.

This makes perfect sense, of course, since Warner Bros. has long been involved with developing small screen alternatives to their big screen properties, the most comparable project being The CW's 'Smallville' (now in it's 10th season!), which has already introduced TV versions of a number of Batman's crime fighting cohorts (as seen above). So while it's only in the rumor stage at this point, it's hardly left-field speculation that they'd be interested in this. And according to their source, the WB are already looking at an actor to play TV's Bruce Wayne.

Karl Urban is supposedly the face (at least the unmasked portions) the undisclosed show's producer imagines the criminals of Gotham will all fear. And as for who those criminals will be, the WB are also preemptively trying to figure out a way to work in a new version of The Joker. No actor is currently associated with that role, but that's not stopping the site's report from mentioning that the studio knows what kind of a rating juggernaut an episode like that would be.

So what do you guys think? Do you have any interest in a live-action Batman series once Nolan has concluded his cinematic trilogy? What would you like to see the show dive into that the movies haven't? And, most importantly, what do you think of the idea of Karl Urban as Batman?
http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/11/15/batman-live-action-tv-series/

Ahrm, a ten season TV series about Batman where Batman doesn't appear that I'm not going to like and therefore see? :(

Good, that's for YOU. Some of us were not totally happy with TDK and still want to see Batman fully justified. So you can keep TDK, I'm rooting for Fincher or maybe even Ridley Scott

I thought he did a great job with Watchmen. The slow motion stuff was a bit annoying, but the rest of the film is so fantastic that it made up for it. And Nite Owl's costume looks a heck of a lot better than Batman's TDK one does. :o My first pick would be del Toro, though.

Ha! I said this when I first saw it. The Nite-Owl costume (eventhough it's supposed to look rubbish as its part of the story) was A LOT better designed than the weirdo TDK costume that made Bale's head look small

I want either Batman Beyond or a total retro film that litererly takes place in the 30's/40's, something that stands out as a different continuity and gives us a break and something new in comparison to the Nolanverse...then in the years to come they can come back and do the rest of the rouges gallery in modern times if they want

Ahrm, a ten season TV series about Batman where Batman doesn't appear that I'm not going to like and therefore see? :(

Tell me about it. I completely loathe the smallville formula.

"Let's make a Superman show but do not include Superman." I have no interest in a show just about a young Bruce Wayne, I know they were planning one years ago before BB came out...glad that never got made.

Alfonso Cuaron should do a semi-realistic take with villains like Mr.Freeze and Clayface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"