Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlize is only 3 years older than January :p

Funny thing is I thought January was wayyyy older than 32. I actually thought she was older than Charlize. :doh:

Charlize as Emma is never gonna happen, thankfully.

Charlize would own the hell out of that role with zero effort.

They should keep with Jones just for continuity, but Alice Eve would have been ****ing awesome. Doesnt really matter to me as long as they add a bit more depth to her and keep the look if the character returns.

Honestly, doesn't matter to me either if they can make her ACT and not just recite lines like it's her first read through the script.

If they can build upon what we had of Storm in X3, I think she'll be a fine addition to DOFP.

I really loved her portrayal in X3 and how she was very much the voice of reason when it came to the cure, Jean, and the closing of the school.

Storm was really forced in X3. X2 Storm is the best.

They should keep with Jones just for continuity.

Yes they should. But incase January Jones doesn't want to comeback. Charlize Theron would be a good replacement.

They should keep with Jones just for continuity, but Alice Eve would have been ****ing awesome. Doesnt really matter to me as long as they add a bit more depth to her and keep the look if the character returns.

I agree. Alice Eve would have been amazing. Didn't she say no?

I agree. Alice Eve would have been amazing. Didn't she say no?

I think so, not too sure tbh. Weird she wouldnt do FC but she did MIB3. Emma had about the same screen time if not more then her character.

Storm was really forced in X3. X2 Storm is the best.

True, but everything was a little forced in X3; that's just a bad script that needed some serious fine tuning. There was a good movie there somewhere, it just never achieved it.

I'm glad someone agrees about X2 Storm, though, I thought she was awesome. I never understood why Halle was so upset. She carried 2 major effects sequences (x-jet chase and shutting down dark cerebro) and had some great character moments with Nightcrawler.

If they could have had more of that in X3, Storm would have been perfect. I'd love to see her in DOTFP, but with her shaky relationship with Singer and now all her baby daddy issues going on in her personal life, I just don't see that happening.

True, but everything was a little forced in X3; that's just a bad script that needed some serious fine tuning. There was a good movie there somewhere, it just never achieved it.

I'm glad someone agrees about X2 Storm, though, I thought she was awesome. I never understood why Halle was so upset. She carried 2 major effects sequences (x-jet chase and shutting down dark cerebro) and had some great character moments with Nightcrawler.

If they could have had more of that in X3, Storm would have been perfect. I'd love to see her in DOTFP, but with her shaky relationship with Singer and now all her baby daddy issues going on in her personal life, I just don't see that happening.

I don't think she was 'upset', but she was aware of the fans saying (sometimes directly to her face at premieres etc) that they felt Storm didn't have much dimension.

Most of the others were much more embedded in the mythology of the movies. Xavier founding the school, once knowing Magneto as a friend; Cyclops as the leader and lover of Jean (although he was made to be a bit boy-ish); Jean as the doctor/scientist. They tried to make Storm a teacher in X1, but it didn't offer much character insight, and the X2 stuff was fine, but we still didn't get much of a handle on why she was there.

Xavier, Jean and Scott seemed like family. But it was like Storm just happened to be at the mansion!

It remains to be seen if Halle comes back. Personal issues or not, she is one of the faces of this franchise and perhaps she can inject that personal emotion into her character.

Storm's best scene IMO was her talk with Nightcrawler on the X-Jet in X2.

I always imagined Angelina Jolie as Psylocke!

Last time I checked Angelina is not Asian. :oldrazz: But if you were going for British Psylocke...Angelina with Brit accent in Tomb Raider? *shudders*

Never understood why people are so gung ho to replace Jones. She wasn't that bad. Personally, I can't stand casting changes. Like others have pointed out its the continuity. This series of films need more continuity and less change.

Last time I checked Angelina is not Asian. :oldrazz: But if you were going for British Psylocke...Angelina with Brit accent in Tomb Raider? *shudders*

Actually, I think Mei Melancon from X3 was perfectly okay as Psylocke - she had the hair, the crimson face mark, the acting seemed fine for what was a very limited role. Whether we see that actress in that role again is another matter. They're likely to get a British Psylocke in future to distance themselves from the X3 version!

I also thought Dania Ramirez was fine as Callisto - they just need to stick an eyepatch on her next time. The only X3 casting I didn't really like was Vinnie's Juggernaut.

And Angelina would probably be okay as Scarlet Witch, though a bit too celebrity and not an ideal choice. If Fox doesn't include her, then Marvel Studios will, so fastest casting wins!

I didn't get the point at all in including Psylocke, as a Brotherhood no less, in X3? She didn't even get to use her more signature power display, TK katana blade. The power they did show wasn't even done well: her materializing thru shadows, when there was none to be seen.

I did a quick google search, and I found this interview with Mei (actress that played Psylocke). You can just tell the interviewer is a fellow geek, even mentioning that time the X3 writers *ahem* bended the truth pre-release of X3. Also, I didn't know she originally auditioned for Callisto...

I didn't get the point at all in including Psylocke, as a Brotherhood no less, in X3? She didn't even get to use her more signature power display, TK katana blade. The power they did show wasn't even done well: her materializing thru shadows, when there was none to be seen.

She was originally going to have a larger role, including a scene where she fired her psi-blades, but it was cut down.

And I don't think it was materialising out of shadows, but her power to appear invisible by altering perceptions.

I did a quick google search, and I found this interview with Mei (actress that played Psylocke). You can just tell the interviewer is a fellow geek, even mentioning that time the X3 writers *ahem* bended the truth pre-release of X3. Also, I didn't know she originally auditioned for Callisto..

Fantastic interview (and I should know because I did it lol).

Fantastic interview (and I should know because I did it lol).

Oh LOL I knew you had a site of your own, just didn't know it was that one. Fantastic interview indeed!

I was actually gonna say the interviewer might be someone that peruses the boards!

Oh LOL I knew you had a site of your own, just didn't know it was that one. Fantastic interview indeed!

I was actually gonna say the interviewer might be someone that peruses the boards!

The clue is in my signature! lol

I wouldn't mind someone like Berenice Marlohe as Psylocke. That woman needs to be in a comic book movie!

Marsden might not want to come back if it's going to be a thankless role like in X3. If he's offered the leading role in Guardians, that's a bigger deal than the supposed leader of the X-Men who never really fills that role and is just a peripheral character.

Well If fox wants to keep the Last Stand In cannon CYclops won't be in future part.If you
want Cyclops In days of future Past(I don't think Bryan will go further than a few years Later In the past part) you should hope The Last Stand Is ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"