Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the problem with bringing a bunch of people back is that we have to believe most of them are dead. So they have to pick and choose carefully.

Unfortunately the problem with bringing a bunch of people back is that we have to believe most of them are dead. So they have to pick and choose carefully.

definetly.

Id LOVE to see ALL the original actors on the big screen again, but this is Days of future past, so Bryan has to show ALL sides of the story.

Last edited:
definetly.

Id LOVE to see ALL the actors back, but this is Days of future past, so Bryan has to show ALL sides of the story.

I had this fantasy where the final shot is of the "present day" X-Men after the future is saved. And it's with Xavier in his wheelchair (WITH a blanket) and the original 5 as a team. In their oldschool uniforms too! But it'll be modern day.

I think it will be down to this: Anyone who isn't asked back or who doesn't want to come back will be portrayed as dead (or, rather, their characters will be).

Also, some of those who DO come back will end up being killed off if either they, or Singer, want only a one-off appearance.

It seems a wrong way to do a film (basing it on availability and preferences) as TLS did the same thing, but if they are wanting familiar faces it will probably come down to that.

TLS was critically bashed by Film Critics and Fans that was spawned out of Berry demands, Rothman's micromanaging and Ratner's inability to craft the film.

I think the studio wants to get as far away from TLS and Origins:Wolverine as possible. It's the whole purpose behind XMFC, it's not a complete reboot but a softboot to steer the franchise back to where it was before. The studio is trying to cash in on Singerverse as much as possible.

I won't go over the arguments about TLS but I agree with what you say about XMFC being a 'softboot'. The problem with that Singerverse softboot was in contradicting elements of Singer's own films (X1 and X2), which seems bizarre. But it seems we have to surrender to the continuity gremlins.

That's why I believe the Core 5 will be mostly cameos with maybe 2 that will be expanded. This is why I also believe that Cyclops and Rogue seem to be prime candidates to take on the Logan & Kitty roles. It will give Cyclops the storyline to breathe and Rogue the opportunity to fix her characterization. Plus Marsden and Paquin are the youngest out of the Core 5.

It seems a plausible theory.

So true, I know many actors were forced to come back to TLS when Singer departed. Why so much uproar was made post TLS by Paquin, Janssen and Romijn.

I think many of them WANT to come back to the franchise now that he's at the helms and Rothman is gone.

It will be interesting to see the character line-up that results from all this.

With the already overbloated cast with XMFC, I don't think we'll see many new characters. Cameos but if anything I think the Villain will perhaps be a new character. If we have the core 5 plus XMFC cast that's really huge by itself. It's already been touted that this IS a Magneto movie so even if we see Cyclops, Rogue, Professor X, Jean and Wolverine it will be limited. Timing constraints is what will kill the opportunity to see new characters expanded on.

I agree there won't be many new characters. I hope Angel Salvadore and Riptide are explained out of the story somehow (captured, or killed) and that should give a bit more space with two out of the Brotherhood (leaving it as Magneto, Emma, Mystique, Azazel). And I hope we get a new female X-Men member (and maybe one other new student) to show Charles has been actively recruiting.

He did but by the time he left Rogue was courageous (ie. Saved the X-Men by flying the Blackbird, saving Logan from Stryker) and not afraid of her powers (ie. using them on Pyro and attempting to drain Magneto) and officially joined The X-Men and Xavier's right hand gal by the end of X2. There was an evolution happening with her characterization which you could see where her character was headed.

TLS just crapped away all of those elements (especially joining the team), made her afraid of her powers again, removed her from the team and crapped over all of her courage that was in X1 and X2. Scaled back so far on her it was just an insult to Rogue fans who were excited to see her in action for X3. Paquin even said it herself during the X2 junket "It's great to see she's not a damsel in distress and doesn't need saving"

It was still hard to see Rogue ever being an action chick. It just wasn't her nature. She never seemed as if she'd be ready to be a full team member. They'd also have to make her power-siphoning work instantly in order for her to be effective in battle.

I love Storm but Halle has been given enough screentime and all of that screentime has only vindicated Singer's usage of Berry as Storm. Unlike Rogue, Storm's problem is with the actress and not the characterization. Halle is not convincing in the role so if Singer brought in Basset or someone else I would be so excited.

Unfortunately, the Basset ship has probably sailed. She's 54, only 5ft 4ins and after a pointless role in the horrendous Green Lantern, she might be steering clear of comic book films. I can't envisage her in the Storm role physically, even though she has the acting chops. You can see how good a fit she was for Tina Turner's muscular, stocky frame, but not for Storm. I have suggested Christine Adams from Terra Nova.

On the other hand, if they are wanting familiar faces from the previous films, it's a good case for keeping Halle Berry. That's who audiences know. She did at least show better acting in the Singer X-Men films (though she had some good moments in TLS, as well as the bad parts).

You're talking about 2 different mediums. It's not the same and let's be real, The Animated Series is rather embarrassing in terms of characterization. It's a cheesy over the top cartoon from the 90's which is fabulous for children but these movies aren't the same audience. The X-men has attracted more older teens and adults. You can't play by the same rules.

I don't think Gambit will go anywhere near this next film not so much because Bryan doesn't want him but because of the overbloated cast and time constraints for this film to be made.

I am a huge Jubilee fan but even I'm not deluded enough to believe she will be in this film.

I like that 90s animated series. The characterisations may be cartoonish but they are, for the most part, pretty accurate. Many elements of that series are spot-on. Magneto's European accent and power displays (especially the spherical force field) were fantastic. There's a lot that could be learned from that cartoon. It did many things right. I can scarcely think of a terrible thing about it, except Storm's voice and weather-commanding speeches.

I am, however, not expecting Gambit in DoFP. Not enough room in this event movie. I don't mind if Kitsch is brought back in a future film, with a more accurate look, but I somehow doubt Singer would acknowledge anyone from XMO: Wolverine. The studio might have some say, though; it's not necessarily all down to Singer.

TLS was critically bashed by Film Critics and Fans that was spawned out of Berry demands, Rothman's micromanaging and Ratner's inability to craft the film.

I think the studio wants to get as far away from TLS and Origins:Wolverine as possible. It's the whole purpose behind XMFC, it's not a complete reboot but a softboot to steer the franchise back to where it was before. The studio is trying to cash in on Singerverse as much as possible.

I agree 100%.

That's why I believe the Core 5 will be mostly cameos with maybe 2 that will be expanded. This is why I also believe that Cyclops and Rogue seem to be prime candidates to take on the Logan & Kitty roles. It will give Cyclops the storyline to breathe and Rogue the opportunity to fix her characterization. Plus Marsden and Paquin are the youngest out of the Core 5.

So true, I know many actors were forced to come back to TLS when Singer departed. Why so much uproar was made post TLS by Paquin, Janssen and Romijn.

I think many of them WANT to come back to the franchise now that he's at the helms and Rothman is gone.

With the already overbloated cast with XMFC, I don't think we'll see many new characters. Cameos but if anything I think the Villain will perhaps be a new character. If we have the core 5 plus XMFC cast that's really huge by itself. It's already been touted that this IS a Magneto movie so even if we see Cyclops, Rogue, Professor X, Jean and Wolverine it will be limited. Timing constraints is what will kill the opportunity to see new characters expanded on.

He did but by the time he left Rogue was courageous (ie. Saved the X-Men by flying the Blackbird, saving Logan from Stryker) and not afraid of her powers (ie. using them on Pyro and attempting to drain Magneto) and officially joined The X-Men and Xavier's right hand gal by the end of X2. There was an evolution happening with her characterization which you could see where her character was headed.

TLS just crapped away all of those elements (especially joining the team), made her afraid of her powers again, removed her from the team and crapped over all of her courage that was in X1 and X2. Scaled back so far on her it was just an insult to Rogue fans who were excited to see her in action for X3. Paquin even said it herself during the X2 junket "It's great to see she's not a damsel in distress and doesn't need saving"

I love Storm but Halle has been given enough screentime and all of that screentime has only vindicated Singer's usage of Berry as Storm. Unlike Rogue, Storm's problem is with the actress and not the characterization. Halle is not convincing in the role so if Singer brought in Basset or someone else I would be so excited.

You're talking about 2 different mediums. It's not the same and let's be real, The Animated Series is rather embarrassing in terms of characterization. It's a cheesy over the top cartoon from the 90's which is fabulous for children but these movies aren't the same audience. The X-men has attracted more older teens and adults. You can't play by the same rules.

I don't think Gambit will go anywhere near this next film not so much because Bryan doesn't want him but because of the overbloated cast and time constraints for this film to be made.

I am a huge Jubilee fan but even I'm not deluded enough to believe she will be in this film.

I always thought Bryan singer viewed First Class as prequel to just his films.Now when he couldn't direct First Class that got muddled with Matthew Vaughn's both prequel and reboot approach.

If Fox Is willing to just let Singer remove Last Stand from contunity as well as Wolverine(which noone cares about keeping In COntunity) you can have Xavier,Wolverine,Rogue,Cyclops,Jean,Magneto,and Mystique In future.

The Time Traveler will likely be only one with subsabtal role In film.My Intsint Is bryan will do a 20-25 opening prologue In future and do rest of film In Past.
The rest will be expanded Cameos

There Is decent chance of Rogue as Time Traveler but I disagree that Bryan would give wolverine's role In future to Cyclops.I think he would want to have Wolverine and Rogue working together to call back to X-Men.That doesn't mean he wouldn't give something to Cyclops.

I disagree about there being a new Villain.The brotherhood will almost certinly be planning an assassination and this film will have Magneto go to full blown
Villain.If all surviving mutants from First Class return and the core of Singer's cast returns that's 14 characters plus target of assassination with possibilty
of return of Moira.Them and Sentinles are enough to service.

Bryan said on X2 audio commantary that Rogue and Iceman earned their uniforms at end of film.Ratner and Rothman pissed away all devolpment of rogue In Last Stand.

People need to understand Absorbing powers and energy Is Rogue's mutation.The rest she stole from Ms Marvel.A character Fox doesn't have rights to.

Films are different from TV Shows.With a season of TV even only half hour you have more time to give.

Not sure what you mean by "full blown villain". I've never questioned Magneto being the villain, even with his friendship with Xavier. He's already shown in two movies that he's willing to sacrifice Xavier and kill others that get in his way. I don't see him becoming mustache twirling evil since I think that would undermine his character.

Going from more antihero to more outright villain.magneto will always be different kind of villain than say Loki.

Oh, do you mean from where he was in First Class? I was stuck on McKellen Magneto.

Yep.Going from where Fassbender was at end of first Class and closer to Mckellen's magneto.

If Fox Is willing to just let Singer remove Last Stand from contunity as well as Wolverine(which noone cares about keeping In COntunity) you can have Xavier,Wolverine,Rogue,Cyclops,Jean,Magneto,and Mystique In future.

Wouldn't you have to also remove X2 to include Jean?

Not at all, especially considering his plans for her in his X3.

Not at all, especially considering his plans for her in his X3.

But she was, to all intents and purposes, dead and under a lake at the end of X2. You'd have to see her rise from the lake as Phoenix before adding her back to any more Singerverse stories.

Singer wont leave X3 out of continuity guys. He said they want to connect all movies, not FC with his movies.

All you have to do Is say consering how X2 ended jean returned,and Bryan talked about connecting films.He never said which ones.It was his Idea to have Xavier crippled and him and Xavier go their seperate ways at end of First Class.He's already shown not to care too much of what Brett Ratner and Rothman did with the Last Stand.He may have been
talking about connecting X-Men,X2,First Class,and the wolverine with Days of future Past.

I don't have any evidance Bryan Is throwing out The Last Stand.However judging by Past It's something he would do.And It's easiest way to quickly get Cyclops and Jean
Into futre part of Days of future Past.

Who's in:

Famke Janssen (Jean):
Another big Singer supporter. He was even developing a show for her at Universal which unfortunately never left Development hell. She was also pretty vocal about supporting Singer. With her coming back for The Wolverine will only lead to that she will be back for Days of Future Past.

Famke also went to visit Bryan during the shooting of Superman Returns (at the time it was reported that she was discussing a cameo in the film). She also remains good friends with Hugh and James.

Famke's new show, Hemlock Grove, finishes shooting in Dec/Jan and then she has nothing lined up after until the second season starts shooting. So, she would presumably be available to film a role.

I'm just hoping that Jackman, Janssen, McKellen, Marsden, and Stewart all come back. Paquin wouldn't be bad either.

It's one thing for Singer to pretend that movies he didn't work on don't exist, but it's another thing if he pretends that his own movies don't exist, which is kind of what he'd be doing if Jean showed up without a proper explanation or with no explanation at all since he "killed" her off in his own movie. I'm assuming, of course, that the future would be set post-X3 (or post-X2 if Singer does indeed toss it out), but if it the future is set elsewhere, then I suppose Jean, or anyone else, could return.

He won't disregard his own films.They could easily come up with explanation for Jean's return with ending of X2.Xavier was sensoring something and the last shot was hinting
at Jean's return.If Famke Janssen's The Wolverine Cameo Is her alive my feeling would be the ending would be Wolverine returning to mansion after his adventre In Japan to find Jean alive.It can be done If,and I repeat If,Fox lets him do It.

To have Patrick Stewart,Ian Mckellan,Hugh Jackman,Famke Janssen,James Marsden,
Anna Paquin,and Rebecca Romijn In DOFP would be dream.If they could squeeze another member In It may be Shawn Ashmore.Bryan liked him so much In small cameo In X-Men
he brought him back In expanded role.Remember they recast Pyro.And Shawn was Bryan's first Choice to play Jimmy Olsen In Superman Returns.Rememebr at times they were rumors of patrick,Famke,and Hugh also appearing(Patrick as Jor-el before It was known they were using marlon Brando footage for Jor-el,Hugh as Jonathan Kent for flashback and Famke as Lois Lane)

One way to have Jean and all the dead characters return is to set the "future" in an alternate reality in which the X-film timeline happened differently.

I would rather them have the future part be a possable fuutre post X2 or post trilogy for
the returning characters.Alternate reality excuse Is easy copout.Let's have some contunity.I am advocate of the let's throw the last Stand out because It would work
better.And that seems like something Bryan Singer would want to do.

tonight I had a dream with the x-men, I saw Charles being in a prision, he sensed something and suddenly Jean was there, with his x2 look, they had a short conversation, someway Jean was threatening him, and then I saw fire Phoenix flying so fast horizontally over some kind of forest.

it was epic, lol. Although I didnt like the background/location of that Phoenix moment lol

The animated series managed to include Cyclops, Wolverine and Gambit all alongside each other - and pretty accurately as well. None of them seemed superfluous or a duplication of any of the others.

Are we really saying that a cartoon can do it better than a multi-million dollar big-screen production?

Wolverine and Gambit were also very different in the XMO: Wolverine.

Gambit has a very different personality: more playful, mischievous, romantic. He's not some violent, gruff, conflicted, animalistic soul like Wolverine.

Agreed! I think Gambit could easily be added in the first X-Men movie. Instead of giving us Iceman as the love interest of Rogue, they should have gave us Gambit and it would have been more similar to the comics. I like the movie version of Iceman and I liked his small role on X1 but still Rogue/Gambit are still the original couple.

We must have been watching different movies since Storm was not given enough of anything. And Halle played the character how they wanted her to.

We must have been watching different movies since Storm was not given enough of anything. And Halle played the character how they wanted her to.

I completely, totally and utterly agree. Even in X-men the last stand where she has the most screen time her character still has nothing much to do. Halle is basically in it because she was a big star at the time, and Storm would allow for cool special effect, action pieces. The character isn't developed and even if they recast (which I think they shouldn't) if they don't do more to respect the character than it won't be any better. it would make sense to keep Halle in the role as audiences are already familiar with her as Storm and to give her better character development.

To think that with three movies i still don't know where Storm comes from, what she believes in, why she joined the X-men and why Prof X thought that she would be the best replacement for Cyclops as leader. (I mean I know this stuff coz i've read comics and watched the animated series but those who haven't don't know. Yet they know Logan's from Canada, know his background, know what he fights for, know why and how he joined the x-men these are things we should know about ALL the characters. Storm was not the only one who had no character development, Cyclops and others didn't have development either.

I understand your points, and Im not happy with her role either...

but we cant have info about the origin of all the x-men.

And about why she is with the x-men, we dont need an explanation at all, she is there because she believes in Xaviers cause and she wants to be with them.

The only scene where I said "WHAT??" was on X3 after Charles death and Storm saying maybe they should close the school. What a slap on the face to the character and the fans. pretty bad from the writers department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"