Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
My money Is we will get 3 more actors from original films.As for who they will be my thinking Is

1:Rebecca Romijn(so Mystique like Xavier and Magneto Is In both past and future part of film)
2:Anna Paquin(while there Is possibilty of Ellen Page In this void It's far more likely getting Anna back)
3:Halle Berry(If fox would allow Bryan Singer to completly Ignore Last Stand It would be Famke Janssen or James Marsden here.If Fox insists on keeping last Stand In cannon that will likely bring back Halle depending on her willingness and being able to make deal and work with Bryan's vision for film)

The majority of film will be sometime In 1960's.The most I see Bryan Singer having the future on screen Is 30 Minutes.

So many news sites are misreporting that THR article.

I wouldn't care how long the original actors were in it as long as it was longer than 10 minutes lol. I miss those guys! :D

So many news sites are misreporting that THR article.

Yes, it's very strange how and where it's been reported, but at least it's publicity for the film, I suppose.

Odd how Singer posting the cover page of the screenplay wasn't picked up by the same sites that are now covering the Hollywood Reporter's article.

yeah. this own site, superherohype hasnt posted it yet, and the famous **************s posted it later than usual.

but whats the problem with those sites reporting the THR article? havent read them yet

Yes, it's very strange how and where it's been reported, but at least it's publicity for the film, I suppose.

Odd how Singer posting the cover page of the screenplay wasn't picked up by the same sites that are now covering the Hollywood Reporter's article.

I'm not sure how the cover page of a screenplay is news... :huh:

does this mean james marsden will be back as cyclops if that article is true? or is who ever wrote it just assumin?

I'm not sure how the cover page of a screenplay is news... :huh:

And most of what goes on internet sites is news, I suppose????? I didn't get that memo, that's for sure.

I thought a screenplay cover page with a Darwin quote about the suffering and potential extinction of humans was interesting and thoughtful. Obviously, you didn't.

ok, Ive seen movieweb article, they are posting false info, and they know it.

But in any case, this is some publicity for Halle and James. so I just hope Fox doesnt pay attention to possible negative comments regarding them in the previous movies.

does this mean james marsden will be back as cyclops if that article is true? or is who ever wrote it just assumin?
The article doesn't say ANYTHING about James returning, though.

And most of what goes on internet sites is news, I suppose????? I didn't get that memo, that's for sure.

I thought a screenplay cover page with a Darwin quote about the suffering and potential extinction of humans was interesting and thoughtful. Obviously, you didn't.

Easy there. I wasn't attacking you. I just don't see what the big deal is, there isn't really a story there unless you're a die-hard fan looking to tear apart the quotation or use Photoshop to painstakingly and fruitlessly try to edit out the cover and read through to the first page. There is nothing beyond the quotation that a news site could report. It's exciting for fans, boring to ordinary people. "XMDOFP Director Releases Photo of Script cover" doesn't exactly raise eyebrows amongst casual viewers. Every movie has a script, offering photo proof that there is one isn't a big deal. Now if the first 10 pages had been leaked, THAT would've been news worthy.

Easy there. I wasn't attacking you. I just don't see what the big deal is, there isn't really a story there unless you're a die-hard fan looking to tear apart the quotation or use Photoshop to painstakingly and fruitlessly try to edit out the cover and read through to the first page. There is nothing beyond the quotation that a news site could report. It's exciting for fans, boring to ordinary people. "XMDOFP Director Releases Photo of Script cover" doesn't exactly raise eyebrows amongst casual viewers. Every movie has a script, offering photo proof that there is one isn't a big deal. Now if the first 10 pages had been leaked, THAT would've been news worthy.

I didn't think you were attacking me. We just saw it differently.

What I meant is that the cover of the screenplay and that quotation is a factual thing from Singer himself, whereas the Hollywood Reporter (and the sites reporting/twisting what it is reporting) is far more speculative and insubstantial.

I mean, the fact that Joss Whedon handed in his Avengers 2 treatment made major news on some sites today. Uh, yeah, okay, so he handed it in. Yippee! Do I buy fireworks for that celebration?!

I saw the screenplay cover and quote to be indicative of some intelligence in the story and perhaps suggesting the tone or even the theme. Even that somehow seems more solid than this other stuff flying round the net.

Thinking about it, depending on how the movie is plotted, having Cyclops return would work just fine while not completely disregarding X3.

This is coming from someone who vaguely knows the DOFP story in the sense that I know the basic story but never actually read it…

If the movie were to open with a time traveler assassinating the prominent figure, that alone right off the bat creates the alternate timeline in which the events in X3 (and possibly X2) happened differently?

So technically, X3 could still exist while having Cyclops and the rest of the X-team live in this now altered universe.

Then again i'm going by BTTF logic. ;)

about Rogue and Iceman with uniforms at the end of X2, it could be seem forced, but at the same time, I think Charles realized at some point that he really needs a bigger team, and Rogue and Bobby were some of the older students, so it was kind of a logical move by Charles.

Colossus could have been there perfectly too, but I guess Bryan didnt want to put many characters as x-men on that scene.

would have been pretty epic, tho.

Remember though that the team went directly from Alkali Lake to the White House (Xavier's line to Scott: "We've got to get to Washington. I fear this has gone beyond Alkali Lake.") So Colossus couldn't have been on that White House scene as he was not part of the crew at Alkali Lake. It could be argued that if Bryan had wanted to he could've included Colossus in the Alkali Lake scene thus effectively promoting Colossus as an official member for that White House scene.

However I think the X-kids: Rogue, Bobby and John in X2 had the perfect dynamic, just the three of them as seen in the museum, X-mansion raid, Bobby's house attack, etc scenes. Oh man this makes me nostalgic for X2!

Yea still not getting why only a handful of Genre movie sites are running the pic of the screenplay as news. These same sites have certainly ran more dubious, take-this-with a grain of salt type news reports and certainly from lesser profile projects than X-men.

Wow, thats insane that they shot all his stuff in two weeks. He had quite alot of screen time and some set pieces. I would have guessed at least a month. Cant wait to see what happens when they actually give the filmmakers a bit more time with this flick.

Yes I doubt it was just 2 weeks. Even if they used a lot of body stunts for Magneto, I don't think they could have filmed all scenes for Ian McKellen in just 2 weeks especially if it was for a high-budgeted movie.

I didn't think you were attacking me. We just saw it differently.

What I meant is that the cover of the screenplay and that quotation is a factual thing from Singer himself, whereas the Hollywood Reporter (and the sites reporting/twisting what it is reporting) is far more speculative and insubstantial.

I mean, the fact that Joss Whedon handed in his Avengers 2 treatment made major news on some sites today. Uh, yeah, okay, so he handed it in. Yippee! Do I buy fireworks for that celebration?!

I saw the screenplay cover and quote to be indicative of some intelligence in the story and perhaps suggesting the tone or even the theme. Even that somehow seems more solid than this other stuff flying round the net.

I'm not sure why the Avengers 2 treatment made news either; but then Avengers was such a huge deal that I think just about any news about it, "Avengers 2 hires Joe's Fine Dining to cater the production" will get reported.

But the difference with the photo, and say, casting rumors, is that it's only interesting to geeks who feel like speculating. As a geek myself even *I* am not moved by the photo. Yeah that's great, an interesting quote... now how about a solid plot outline? I'm tired of speculating. The only surefire things we know about the movie so far is that it has robots, time travel, will be shot at least partially in Montreal, and is called Days of Future Past. Even Sir Ian and Sir Patrick, while highly likely, aren't an 100% sure thing. We don't even know if Banshee and Havok will be back or what eras the past and future take place in. Or who the time traveler is, or if there even is one. I'm just so tired of speculating and would love some confirmed answers rather than Singer taking to his twitter and announcing things willy-nilly that aren't necessarily going to happen. Filming begins in less than 4 months, I feel like we should know more about this movie than we do.

I think how about Jubilee as the time traveller?

Ellen Wong from Scott Pilgrim vs the World will be a great Jubilee.

I thought about her too, but not as the time traveler, just as another x-men from the future.

It would be like a nod to 90's tv series. With Wolverine and Jubilee fighting sentinels.

would be cool, but I would be sad with the absence of bigger characters like Kitty and Rogue.

Yes I doubt it was just 2 weeks. Even if they used a lot of body stunts for Magneto, I don't think they could have filmed all scenes for Ian McKellen in just 2 weeks especially if it was for a high-budgeted movie.
He was busy with LotR. They had to move things around to fit his schedule. He filmed his entire role in 2 weeks.

It was same thing with first X-Men.They had to finish all scenes Involving Ian by December
of 1999(they started filming In September) so he could go home to London for christmas
before starting The Lord of the Rings In January 2000.For X2 they rearranged the schedule
to film all his scenes In 2 weeks.

I'm not sure why the Avengers 2 treatment made news either; but then Avengers was such a huge deal that I think just about any news about it, "Avengers 2 hires Joe's Fine Dining to cater the production" will get reported.

But the difference with the photo, and say, casting rumors, is that it's only interesting to geeks who feel like speculating. As a geek myself even *I* am not moved by the photo. Yeah that's great, an interesting quote... now how about a solid plot outline? I'm tired of speculating. The only surefire things we know about the movie so far is that it has robots, time travel, will be shot at least partially in Montreal, and is called Days of Future Past. Even Sir Ian and Sir Patrick, while highly likely, aren't an 100% sure thing. We don't even know if Banshee and Havok will be back or what eras the past and future take place in. Or who the time traveler is, or if there even is one. I'm just so tired of speculating and would love some confirmed answers rather than Singer taking to his twitter and announcing things willy-nilly that aren't necessarily going to happen. Filming begins in less than 4 months, I feel like we should know more about this movie than we do.

I agree and would also love some more confirmed news. The speculation is so exhausting about 'they are ignoring this film', 'they are retconning that part', 'they are including all films in canon', 'this actor won't be back because Bryan doesn't get on with them', 'that actor can't come back because they were killed off', 'that actor can come back even if they are killed off'.

I think we need something more certain. But Fox is probably enjoying the mystery and speculation because it's keeping people chattering on about it.

I'd like to hear who else from the First Class cast is returning. I don't want them to get rid of Banshee, Havok and Emma. And i'm curious as to whether they will keep Moira and perhaps have her living at the mansion after quitting the CIA (didn't the demote her to the typing pool at the end of First Class?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"