All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Snyder, his trailers are always awesome and he has a habit of messing things up, at least when it comes to my tastes. Also, as a Batman fan, I got burnt badly last year perhaps in part because of unrealistic expectations, so I'm trying to stay grounded when it comes to Man of Steel. :cwink:
:oldrazz:well not our fault they are bad

Yeah, an advanced screening is literally the only thing that would change my midnight plans.

I'd actually much prefer it, because if it wasn't so late then I could just get a coach/train home afterwards instead of paying through the nose for a hotel.

But I just need to see it the very second that I possibly can :D

Although it'd be a shame if I found options for an advanced screening, but it wasn't at an IMAX theatre... then i'd have a big decision to make :(

holy crao...how far away from the theater do you live? 6 hours??? I have a theater like 15-20 minutes up the road. no need for a hotel....

:oldrazz:well not our fault they are bad

I knew I would get called on that. I guess that it is bad taste then to love every second of the Comic-Con and theatrical trailers for MOS. :o

holy crao...how far away from the theater do you live? 6 hours??? I have a theater like 15-20 minutes up the road. no need for a hotel....

London is the nearest IMAX theatre to me, so i'm going to the BFI IMAX first viewing. Hoping there will be a midnight one (though we didn't get Midnight screenings of TDKR last year so it's possible there won't be).

It's about a 3 hour coach journey, only bout 5/10 quid each way. But there are no coaches I could get that early in the morning (around 3am when the movie is over) so i'd have to check into a hotel before hand... I mean I can't just hang around the streets of London at 3am on a friday night :funny:

I have no clue what you just said....I'm from the stick of the good ol' USA

If they had the means to, it would have been great to see if for another type of viral regarding the film, that they would have done something like creating news reports and such about these mysterious saves that Clark has been making while traveling throughout the world that Lois has been investigating, similar to how we had the whole Gotham Tonight Talk Show during the lead up to the premiere of TDK.

Yeah, an advanced screening is literally the only thing that would change my midnight plans.

I'd actually much prefer it, because if it wasn't so late then I could just get a coach/train home afterwards instead of paying through the nose for a hotel.

But I just need to see it the very second that I possibly can :D

Although it'd be a shame if I found options for an advanced screening, but it wasn't at an IMAX theatre... then i'd have a big decision to make :(

Wait so there's definitely gonna be midnight showings?

Where abouts are you from btw? I live in Leeds and our cinemas are crap

Edit: never mind I just saw your posts above :oldrazz:

If they had the means to, it would have been great to see if for another type of viral regarding the film, that they would have done something like creating news reports and such about these mysterious saves that Clark has been making while traveling throughout the world that Lois has been investigating, similar to how we had the whole Gotham Tonight Talk Show during the lead up to the premiere of TDK.

That would be awesome but I'm not expecting much now other than TV spots, posters, magazine articles etc

That would be awesome but I'm not expecting much now other than TV spots, posters, magazine articles etc

Indeed.

On another note, does anyone here have a preference on how they would want the film to open up?

What I mean, do you want them to go about in Nolan's Dark Knight Style, where we, in this case, see Superman's symbol appear on screen before fading out to the film, along with the credits being just the words (with no special graphics attached to them)?

Or would you guys want something special made/done for MOS; perhaps closing credits accompanied by some awesome visuals, perhaps in the manner like how they did with Thor's closing credits?

I'm hoping Nolan kept Snyder in line whenever he started sacrificing story for irrelevant action sequences.

Indeed.

On another note, does anyone here have a preference on how they would want the film to open up?

What I mean, do you want them to go about in Nolan's Dark Knight Style, where we, in this case, see Superman's symbol appear on screen before fading out to the film, along with the credits being just the words (with no special graphics attached to them)?

Or would you guys want something special made/done for MOS; perhaps closing credits accompanied by some awesome visuals, perhaps in the manner like how they did with Thor's closing credits?

Now that certain things suggest that there will probably be Kryptonian prologue, I would kind of be interested in seeing Bond style credits bridging the events on Krypton and then the main story told from the present with Clark's childhood presented via flashbacks from that point.

Indeed.

I think the closing credits will most probably just be in line with Nolan's Batman Films, so it'l probably just say MAN OF STEEL in white on a black background then the credits will role. I think it'd be nice to do the opening credits on a space background myself.

Opening I think it'll just be the S logo which is fine with me, I don't think we need a whole crazy opening credits sequence or anything.

Yeah, it seriously does all feel so surreal. Like when did I die and go to heaven? :D

Same. I felt a bit silly really, but everything i've been seeing on the news lately I can't help thinking 'I wish Superman was real, cause he could have stopped that :(' Especially the explosion in Texas. That fire would never have been burning long enough to explode if Superman had showed up and used his super breath to put it out...

I know that sounds incredibly childlike... but I can't help it :) I get sad that he's not real!

Supes is real as an idea inside us all. And we can all choose to be him. It isn't the powers that defines him, it's his willingness to always act, selflessly help others and always love and trust and choose to see the best in everyone else. We're a transformative race. The power is always there in us to work to stop those kind of disasters and save lives. Look at all the people that ran further in Boston to give blood. All the people that helped rescue the victims. Tell me that's not Superman. He's alive within us all.

Now that certain things suggest that there will probably be Kryptonian prologue, I would kind of be interested in seeing Bond style credits bridging the events on Krypton and then the main story told from the present with Clark's childhood presented via flashbacks from that point.

So you thinking Krypton scenes then a logo/credits and then kick in on the Earth stuff? I like that idea. They did so etching very similar with the Friday the 13th reboot and I thought it was very effective.

Supes is real as an idea inside us all. And we can all choose to be him. It isn't the powers that defines him, it's his willingness to always act, selflessly help others and always love and trust and choose to see the best in everyone else. We're a transformative race. The power is always there in us to work to stop those kind of disasters and save lives. Look at all the people that ran further in Boston to give blood. All the people that helped rescue the victims. Tell me that's not Superman. He's alive within us all.

It's kind of eerie at times to know on how true Goyer's words ended up being on sheer coincidence when he said that this film would "suit" the times. I'm not trying to stir up anything, but when you really think about how bad things have been as of late in real life, people really need something to look at to help them believe even more that there really is still hope and good people left within the world, etc.

heck, with nearly a decade's worth of films that have presented us reluctant or antiheroes as being the top dogs of the film industry, I think it's time to go back to the roots when it comes to presenting heroes in a traditional and more honest sense, and who better to do so than Superman?

It's kind of eerie at times to know on how true Goyer's words ended up being on sheer coincidence when he said that this film would "suit" the times. I'm not trying to stir up anything, but when you really think about how bad things have been as of late in real life, people really need something to look at to help them believe even more that there really is still hope and good people left within the world, etc.

heck, with nearly a decade's worth of films that have presented us reluctant or antiheroes as being the top dogs of the film industry, I think it's time to go back to the roots when it comes to presenting heroes in a traditional and more honest sense, and who better to do so than Superman?

:up: great post

After getting a better feel and look of the Fantasy like Elements and Visuals that we'll be getting in the film, it still boggles my mind on how they're mixing two very different worlds when it comes to tone and presentation in this film.

We're getting a very sci-fi/fantasy oriented Krypton; one that reminds me of the worlds presented in Avatar and John Carter, and yet in the same time, we're getting a Earth that's presented into looking like so much as our own, as though it weren't Earth presented like it normally is at times in a sci-fi/fantasy based Comic Book Genre film.

Yeah, personally, I've just gotten to a point where I'm rather tired of watching blockbusters tinged with darkness and cynicism. I think that is part of why I am dreading Star Trek Into Darkness so much. I'm tired of stories about terrorism and corruption. When I read Jamie characterizing STID as a "a giant 9/11-Iraq War conspiracy film", my heart just sank knowing that the movie would be painting humanity as having changed little in 300 years. I was really hoping we would get some classic Trek optimism and a story about a better future. At least, Man of Steel seems to be the film I need right now. :cwink:

I'm hoping Nolan kept Snyder in line whenever he started sacrificing story for irrelevant action sequences.

:whatever: Snyder is not a kid who needs to kept in line. If anything, Snyder kept Nolan in line since MOS actually looks like an epic Superman comic book tale brought to life. :cwink: And irrelevant action sequences? LOL, just LOL. :doh:

Yeah, personally, I've just gotten to a point where I'm rather tired of watching blockbusters tinged with darkness and cynicism. I think that is part of why I am dreading Star Trek Into Darkness so much. I'm tired of stories about terrorism and corruption. When I read Jamie characterizing STID as a "a giant 9/11-Iraq War conspiracy film", my heart just sank knowing that the movie would be painting humanity as having changed little in 300 years. I was really hoping we would get some classic Trek optimism and a story about a better future. At least, Man of Steel seems to be the film I need right now. :cwink:

^ Funny you say that, because Iron man 3 is looking set to become the biggest and most successful solo hero Marvel movie yet, and it is going to be the darkest one so far.

IM 3 is trending and it will open huge.

After getting a better feel and look of the Fantasy like Elements and Visuals that we'll be getting in the film, it still boggles my mind on how they're mixing two very different worlds when it comes to tone and presentation in this film.

We're getting a very sci-fi/fantasy oriented Krypton; one that reminds me of the worlds presented in Avatar and John Carter, and yet in the same time, we're getting a Earth that's presented into looking like so much as our own, as though it weren't Earth presented like it normally is at times in a sci-fi/fantasy based Comic Book Genre film.

When you put it like that, is it not a ridiculous notion on the face of it that they couldn't mix Man of Steel and The Dark Knight. Because MOS Earth doesn't strike me as different from TDK Earth.

:whatever: Snyder is not a kid who needs to kept in line. If anything, Snyder kept Nolan in line since MOS actually looks like an epic Superman comic book tale brought to life. :cwink: And irrelevant action sequences? LOL, just LOL. :doh:

I am not sure what is your point, Nolan gave some story inputs to Goyer and did pre-production work, after that he selected the director.

Once Snyder was on board, Nolan left him alone with the work.

So, how did Snyder kept Nolan inline ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"