BvS All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion (TAG SPOILERS) - Part 302

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not mad because I didn't think this was the right film for a first time director.

But that still isn't a good sign he left.

He's a weak storyteller and a completely untested director. WB were crazy to hire him in the first place. I'm glad he's gone.

I'm not mad because I didn't think this was the right film for a first time director.

But that still isn't a good sign he left.

no it's not a good sign at all.
in other news El Maybe says George Miller might direct Green Lantern Corps.

They cite "creative differences," but they're going to keep his script? How do you sack a director for "creative differences" when the script is, you know, his creation?

Yeah. This stinks of them wanting a more proven director. "Creative differences" is the default PR line.

I'd want to see your version for sure. As soon as I walked out of the theatre, I thought to myself, if they just cut out the Africa stuff and some of the dream sequences it would have been a stronger narrative...

Awesome!

There are now rumblings on Twitter that James Wan might be next to leave.

I'd like to think that they've all seen how bad BvS was, and the direction the DCEU is being led in by that deadlifting idiot, and are getting the bad place out of dodge before things get even uglier.

Edit: I see Faraci is the one saying Wan could be off Aquaman. He was right about BvS...

Meanwhile Snyder stays onboard.

Love it, in all of its insanity.

According to the newest episode of Heroic Insider, hosted by Hollywood producer Daniel Alter (The Apparition, Hitman: Agent 47) and Heroic Hollywood's Umberto 'ElMayimbe' Gonzalez, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and Oscar winner Ben Affleck will have "complete creative control" over the solo Batman film.

Warner Bros was taking an enormous chance on Grahame-Smith, who would have made his directorial debut with The Flash. Whether WB will hand the reigns of the film over to another green recruit remains to be seen, today’s news comes amid continuing rumors of a major shake-up with its DC Comics-based films following the divided critical and audience reception to Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/the-flash-seth-grahame-smith-out-as-director-warner-bros-1201747016/

They cite "creative differences," but they're going to keep his script? How do you sack a director for "creative differences" when the script is, you know, his creation?

Yeah. This stinks of them wanting a more proven director. "Creative differences" is the default PR line.
It's exactly what it is, and the bigger picture is who will be hired in his place. I've no doubt there's a shake-up at the DCEU and they're going to take a firmer hold on the creative decisions.

Which isn't necessarily bad.

When you see more experienced directors get hired, then the good news is they're still willing to put faith in those who have already proven their talent. What we don't want is another Ratner/X3 situation where some director-for-hire is coming in to put someone else's vision on the screen.

Meanwhile Snyder stays onboard.

Love it, in all of its insanity.

Kind of happens when the film he's on was set to roll film about a minute and a half after the release of it's predecessor. :o

I didn't think he was a good idea anyway. But it should concern people since Michelle McLaren left Wonder Woman because of creative differences too. Now James Wan might leave? Wan is a fantastic director, but he needs a good script.

Of course Affleck/Johns have creative control. That tells me it's a prequel, so they can do whatever the heck they want. Good sign. Though i'm always skeptical of Johns.

Full control for Affleck is good. That's what I want. Snyder has the JL films, and then I guess he's done. I guess the solo films will be other directors, ala WW.

James Wan is the only reason I'm even remotely interested in Aquaman. I hope he stays.

I seriously doubt i'll spend money to watch Aquaman in the theater if James Wan isn't directing. I can care less about Flash too, unless there's a tremendous cast and a good director comes on board.

I doubt Flash will even happen now.

Full control for Affleck is good. That's what I want. Snyder has the JL films, and then I guess he's done. I guess the solo films will be other directors, ala WW.
Singular. I doubt he will be given the chance to direct a part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"